• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you do if you won a massive lottery jackpot?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Mega Millions is up to $440 million, so I bought myself a ticket even though I know I most likely will not win anything out of it.

But if I won the big jackpot, I would buy a nice house in Seattle, and I would do a fair amount of traveling. I would go to anime conventions. I would get a personal trainer at a gym and make myself buff and ripped. I would change my name and my face to hide from my family. I would take driving lessons since now I would be able to afford a car.

What would you do if you won the big jackpot?

I would help others escape their triggering environments. I've got my eye one somewhere that I think would be perfect where only nature would be a disturbance.

Pay off all of my bills and be debt free. Share with my family. Buy a new car for my wife and a new pick-up for me.

TRAVLE PLACES WITH THE BEST BEST BEST MOM EVER, BUY A LOT OF STUFF I LIKE LIKE BOOKS, BABY FOOD ,PENS, EASTER GRASS TO FIDDLE WITH WHEN ITS EASTER AGAIN, GO ON OVERNIGHTS TRIPS WITH THE BEST BEST MOM EVER BUY STARBUCKS COFFEE EVERY DAY, AND JUST HAVE FUN LIKE IM DOING RIGHT NOW

I would retire, and then maybe buy some land. I'm sure I would find other things to do, like see the northern lights and see a full solar eclipse, but I would mainly just want to simplify my life.

Alas, I work for a company that runs a lot of the lotteries and employees and everyone in their household are forbidden from playing them. If I somehow won a lottery, I would be involved in investigations for the rest of my life.

Acquire a good amount of land and build a 2 bedroom bungalow. I'd like a brick base greenhouse for my cacti, and somewhere quite remote. I'd probably own a couple of cars, and get my full bike license done. Knowing me I'd switch vehicles every year or so - but I'd slowly work my way through cars that I adore from the 60's to the 90's.

I'd also like to have the home and land be a lot more self-sufficient and sustainable than the average home. It'd also be far away from suburbia.

Then I'd invest heavily on getting my artwork seen via various advertising avenues and be able to travel hither to and yon to gradually build up a reputation in the art world. Not that I'd really need to worry about making big money off my art at that point. But just to get myself out there and make a success out of something that I love to do.

Ed

Travel the world, Buy a couple houses in ideal (isolated) locations, make sure my family is squared away...and then give the rest away to charities and invest in climate change initiatives.

Mega Millions is up to $440 million, so I bought myself a ticket even though I know I most likely will not win anything out of it.

But if I won the big jackpot, I would buy a nice house in Seattle, and I would do a fair amount of traveling. I would go to anime conventions. I would get a personal trainer at a gym and make myself buff and ripped. I would change my name and my face to hide from my family. I would take driving lessons since now I would be able to afford a car.

What would you do if you won the big jackpot?
Father always told Bosko save all the money she made. So it would most likely go into funding

I wouldn't change a thing about my life, honestly. Maybe I'd get the medical care I've been needing over the past 5 years, but other than that I don't really lust for material possessions very much. I've seen what that does to people and I wouldn't want to be tainted by it.

I’d give some to friends and family, donate some to charities, buy a townhouse and put the rest in the bank to use for bills. I wouldn’t want to buy a huge house as I prefer living in a smaller place than a house. Not something the size of a two bedroom apartment but not an entire house either.

I would design and build a small house in the country on a plot of land near water so I could farm and fish. Save some money for an emergency. And donate the rest to the homeless. There are too many homeless people in Detroit.

…I don't really lust for material possessions very much...
Lately, I have been feeling the same way.

A woman won $37 million US dollars here a while ago on a lottery, that was a little crazy. People say lotteries are a tax for stupid people but I don't know. Every week someone wins big. There are around 5500 lottery millionaires in this country so far, the lottery company keeps statistics, I don't think they feel stupid.

Last edited:
Pay off all our, and our families bills, buy the rest of the farmland around me, build homes for the rest of the extended family. Travel. Then the cars and motorcycles. There would be so many cars and motorcycles! To keep myself busy I would repair cars of less fortunate families for free, and over pay for the broken cars of people in desperate situations and repair them and either give them back or away to others in need. Then more motorcycles!

I would buy a nice house, nothing huge, but something with acreage for my dogs to run on, room for a garden. As long as it has good internet so I can game, I'd be happy as a clam and probably never be seen again :D

My brother owned a big, beautiful, and very expensive home in an affluent part of town. When he moved, he sold his home to a family that acquired a massive amount of money (either from a lottery or a lawsuit). Within a year, the house was vacant. Some people can’t handle winning a large sum of cash - and you hear about it frequently on the news as well.

Out of curiosity, I did a quick internet search. The first source that popped up started “70% of lottery winners lose or spend all that money within 5 years or less.” Another source stated (USA Today: Do Most Lottery Winners Go Broke?) “…some lottery winners have experienced bankruptcy, divorce, prison time, and have even been murdered…”. I guess there a reason for the saying “Money is the root of all evil.” A lot of people think it will solve all of their problems - apparently it doesn’t.

I would split it 4ways:

A quarter in real estate, (buy a house, maybe a few).
A quarter in stocks, investments. (I'd have to learn all that crap)
A quarter in venture capital..experimental ( Maybe start..or buy a business. Something..of that nature)
A quarter spending money (ya know... just fancy things...cars, clothes, electronics and other miscellaneous stuff. travel, yeah that too. )

Oh yeah and a quarter to charity too....and maybe some math lessons on the side.

Actually maybe I'd give like 10% to 'altruistic' causes. Or maybe more, depending on what I would win. If it's many millions, easily a 5-way split. 20% charity, 20% realestate, 20% investments, 20% business-entrepeurniship, and spend the last fifth on whatever I feel like. Ah I can only dream.

New Threads

Top Bottom