• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I had a bad luck of going by bus with broken audio announcements for 20 mins :( So that probably also made it worse.

I don't feel like sound settings were lowered down (in film/music and ads too). And there was a really long and high pitch of sound when the main hero was having seizures on the floor filmed in blue light, I think. In itself it was uncomfortable to watch (I had epilepsy as a kid) but the sound was too much and I had to cover ears. Not cool thing to do publicly at 40. :( Not my fault, but still. :(

Dang.
I suppose the only positive aspect regarding covering your ears was that you were in an Autism-Friendly cinema, so possibly people around you (if there were any) may have been more understanding.
It does suck that the sound settings weren't altered, though. Did you say about it to the staff when you left?

Dang.
I suppose the only positive aspect regarding covering your ears was that you were in an Autism-Friendly cinema, so possibly people around you (if there were any) may have been more understanding.
It does suck that the sound settings weren't altered, though. Did you say about it to the staff when you left?
There were 2 families (mothers) with children behind me. Maybe they didn't even notice.

No, I was too stressed, and downstairs when the staff was present it was already too packed with full noise on (video games, popcorn machine, people etc.). Anxiety doesn't help. There was a person coming during intermission and afterwards I think they turned off side lights so it became more like a regular screening. I'm not sure if sound changed at that time too.

If I go next time, I will ask beforehand how exactly they make it autism friendly and will feel more at ease. Doesn't help that it's directed towards families with autistic children making me feel odd/out of place. :(

I heard they're doing a new version of Roald Dahl's Matilda, so I decided to give the old one a watch again.
It was plenty of fun.

In regards to the new one, I personally don't think they're going to do better than the original. For starters, you're going to need to do a lot to top Pam Ferris' performance as Miss Trunchbull. Case in point:

I watched King Kong (2005 version). It was the Extended Edition, so it was over 3 hours long. I'd played the game based on this a long time ago but this was my first time actually watching the movie. I liked it.

Watching Wild Zero for the first time in a couple of years. Aliens, Zombies, Gore, and Japanese rock band Guitar Wolf saves the world. It's a cult movie, that's for sure.

"On Any Sunday" (1971)

One of my favorite documentaries on motorcycling. Split into three segments:

* Motorcycle Racing with Mert Lawill

* Motocross with Malcolm Smith

* Just Plain Fun On Bikes with Steve McQueen

Worth seeing whether you ride or not. :cool:

A couple of nights ago I watched the Mortal Kombat movie that released last year. It was better than I was expecting.
In the 90s I was so hardcore into the Mortal Kombat series, I used to have a notebook where I'd write down custom characters I'd like to see in the game, along with backstories for them to explain how they'd fit within that universe and what kind of Fatality move they would have. Some of the games in the early 2000s were real stinkers though, and I think the final straw was the Mortal Kombat game that released in 2002. After that my obsession with the series faded away. I've played a few of the games since then but I've skipped most of them. After watching this movie I kind of want to check out the most recent game.

220px-Sixteen_Candles.jpg
Sixteen Candles (1984) - IMDb

Help! I Wrecked My House.
Unearthed
Ancient Discoveries
Ghost Adventures

The Discovery + app is a boon and a blackhole.

Desperate Measures. Michael Keaton is a good actor. He amuses me. The movie is ridiculous...but darkly humorous. I only watched the Michael Keaton scenes. I skipped the rest.
Admittedly, I've only seen him in Night Shift, Batman(s)* Beetlejuice*, White Noise, some scenes from Multiplicity.

*Childhood favorites.

I don't watch superhero movies. I have little to no interest. Though I made an exception for a few of those X-men Movies. Days of future past. Apocalypse. And Batman Begins, Dark Knight. The one where Heath Ledger died.

I watched the first Spiderman with Toby(?) something. Never Watched the sequels. :smile: And...I was a big Marvel comics reader, as a kid.

:neutral: So he plays 'The Vulture.' I read a reprint of the first Amazing Spiderman as a kid. He was the first villain wasn't he. 1962.

Michael Keaton is a versatile actor. I'm sure he did a good job.

I don't watch superhero movies. I have little to no interest. Though I made an exception for a few of those X-men Movies. Days of future past. Apocalypse. And Batman Begins, Dark Knight. The one where Heath Ledger died.

I watched the first Spiderman with Toby(?) something. Never Watched the sequels. :smile: And...I was a big Marvel comics reader, as a kid.

:neutral: So he plays 'The Vulture.' I read a reprint of the first Amazing Spiderman as a kid. He was the first villain wasn't he. 1962.

Michael Keaton is a versatile actor. I'm sure he did a good job.

See for yourself:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom