• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Not technically a movie but powerful nonetheless:

Last movie I actually watched was Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Kick butt ride. RIP Reitman.

Okay, I finally watched Rhinoceros Eyes. Wow. Has anyone else seen this movie??????? I can’t believe how weird and good it is. It’s like David Lynch meets Darren Aronofsky meets…I don’t know, someone else really weird and cool. Anyway, the main character is autistic, so if anyone wants to watch it for that reason alone, they should. It’s strange as hell, though…
honestly I can’t believe it isn’t a well-known film.

upload_2022-2-16_4-45-23.jpeg

Disney’s been getting used a lot right now. Recently just finished watching Atlantis. I wish they had done more to expand the characters and the story line, the animation is really nice in its style.

"The Right Stuff"

The saga of eight American heroes "pushing the edge of the envelope".

Alan Shephard
Gus Grissom
John Glenn
Scott Carpenter
Gordon Cooper
Wally Schirra
Deke Slayton

and Brigadier General Chuck Yeager

I'm getting behind with the films I want to watch. The last one I watched was The Baby (1973). The movie is about a social worker who visits a family composed of amother, two daughters in the mid to late twenties, and "baby" — a man in his early twenties who still behaves just like a baby.

The social worker upon interacting with Baby, comes to believe that Baby doesn't show signs of any neurological disease, but rather that there is a possibility that him behaving like a baby was caused by the way he has been treated since childhood. The family however, shows opposition to this belief, and to any further investigation about the mental state of Baby.

the-baby-1973-e1589316782755.png

"The Right Stuff"

The saga of eight American heroes "pushing the edge of the envelope".

Alan Shephard
Gus Grissom
John Glenn
Scott Carpenter
Gordon Cooper
Wally Schirra
Deke Slayton

and Brigadier General Chuck Yeager

Watched it as it happened, just history to me. Do not like artistic license.

Saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again for the first time in a while. There are so many great scenes and lines in that movie, but my personal favorite is the brief, fourth-wall-breaking cameo of the real Hunter S. Thompson in the flashback scene.

I have today watched "Dog" (2022) which was supposed to be autistic-friendly screening in the cinema. It didn't go/end well. :(

I watched a Movie called "Good Will Hunting" years ago. My best friend at the time recommended
it was being filmed at U of T with some scenes in the physics lab where he worked.

Bit of trivia. my closest friend was responsible for handing out lab equipment to the first year students.
What they did not know Rob was well educated, probably an Aspie like me. He was also a mechanical whiz, could fix anything. Ended up fixing all the antiquated lab equipment even redesigning some of the experiments. Here they are filming a movie and the real life Will is already working there, How Ironic. last time we spoke he was about to get promoted to work with the senior students. He died a couple of years ago he was very private kept our friendship to himself.

What happened, if you don't mind me asking?
I had a bad luck of going by bus with broken audio announcements for 20 mins :( So that probably also made it worse.

I don't feel like sound settings were lowered down (in film/music and ads too). And there was a really long and high pitch of sound when the main hero was having seizures on the floor filmed in blue light, I think. In itself it was uncomfortable to watch (I had epilepsy as a kid) but the sound was too much and I had to cover ears. Not cool thing to do publicly at 40. :( Not my fault, but still. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom