• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I just can't take... It's Michael Keaton to me. It's just Michael Keaton being Michael Keaton.
That's why I believe some directors are right, when they want to go cast unknowns. Because Big name established stars can be too distracting. And can detract from the overall effect of a role. Change the atmosphere of a movie.

Also if you're gonna play a superhero villain, go all out. Where's the Prosthetics!?? It's like in Batman returns, for e.g. Penguin is not just Danny Devito in a tuxedo. It's a complete transformation.

Speaking of Tim Burton movies. Nicholas Cage as Superman. For e.g. :smile: It nearly Happened. I wish it did actually. :tearsofjoy: I only found out about this recently...So bizarre. :openmouth:

I just can't take... It's Michael Keaton to me. It's just Michael Keaton being Michael Keaton.
That's why I believe some directors are right, when they want to go cast unknowns. Because Big name established stars can be too distracting. And can detract from the overall effect of a role. Change the atmosphere of a movie.

Also if you're gonna play a superhero villain, go all out. Where's the Prosthetics!?? It's like in Batman returns, for e.g. Penguin is not just Danny Devito in a tuxedo. It's a complete transformation.

Speaking of Tim Burton movies. Nicholas Cage as Superman. For e.g. :smile: It nearly Happened. I wish it did actually. :tearsofjoy: I only found out about this recently...So bizarre. :openmouth:

Considering superhero movies/tv shows seem to be going for the Multiverse angle nowadays (with the CW shows including their version of Superman meeting the Smallville Superman and the Superman Returns Superman, while the CW Flash also met the version of Flash from the 90's TV show and th version from the DCEU Justice League movie).
As such, I could imagine at least one multiversal crossover involving Nicholas Cage reprising his failed Superman role. If you want more information regarding that failed film, I'd recommend you check out the Critical Drinker's "Production Hell" video about it - which I can't link here due to it having swearing in it.

As for Michael, here's some clips of him in his "Vulture" costume:

Considering superhero movies/tv shows seem to be going for the Multiverse angle nowadays (with the CW shows including their version of Superman meeting the Smallville Superman and the Superman Returns Superman, while the CW Flash also met the version of Flash from the 90's TV show and th version from the DCEU Justice League movie).
As such, I could imagine at least one multiversal crossover involving Nicholas Cage reprising his failed Superman role. If you want more information regarding that failed film, I'd recommend you check out the Critical Drinker's "Production Hell" video about it - which I can't link here due to it having swearing in it.

Michael Keaton is still the best Batman to me. I heard he has a cameo in some new movie. Just give him his own movie, like 2 hours. F--k, let Tim Burton direct. I might watch that. Nostalgia.

I've heard about multiverse thing. Seems like a gimmick to me. I don't follow superhero movies, there seems so many. I'm out of the loop. I remember when it was a novelty. I remember being hyped as hell waiting for the first x-men movie to come out, when I was a kid. I might have been one of the few kids in school, in my peer group, who was actually interested in reading comic books at the time.

Nicholas Cage, unintentionally bad and hilarious, would probably be preferable to the bland superman sequels. I stopped watching Superman movies after Part IV:The quest for peace. :smile: (I thought Nuclear Man was the sh-t. Now as an adult I truly realize what a bad movie it was. :tearsofjoy:) I did watch Smallville, though. Christopher Reeve is still the best Superman to me.

As far as Spiderman goes...Lizard, I always thought that was a great villain. The animated series was a my favorite. I see they finally got round to him, in one of the many sequels/ revamps.
Venom, Carnage, Dr octopus, Rhino , Sandman, Green Goblin... Spidey does have some of the best villains. Next to X-men, Spiderman was my favorite comic series.

Crossover would be good, Spiderman vs Joker, Batman vs Dr Octopus. Superman vs Wolverine. Or Superman vs Hulk. It definitely opens up possibilities. DC & Marvel. That's never been done, right? as far as I know.

Michael Keaton is still the best Batman to me. I heard he has a cameo in some new movie. Just give him his own movie, like 2 hours. F--k, let Tim Burton direct. I might watch that. Nostalgia.

I've heard about multiverse thing. Seems like a gimmick to me. I don't follow superhero movies, there seems so many. I'm out of the loop. I remember when it was a novelty. I remember being hyped as hell waiting for the first x-men movie to come out, when I was a kid. I might have been one of the few kids in school, in my peer group, who was actually interested in reading comic books at the time.

Nicholas Cage, unintentionally bad and hilarious, would probably be preferable to the bland superman sequels. I stopped watching Superman movies after Part IV:The quest for peace. :smile: (I thought Nuclear Man was the sh-t. Now as an adult I truly realize what a bad movie it was. :tearsofjoy:) I did watch Smallville, though. Christopher Reeve is still the best Superman to me.

As far as Spiderman goes...Lizard, I always thought that was a great villain. The animated series was a my favorite. I see they finally got round to him, in one of the many sequels/ revamps.
Venom, Carnage, Dr octopus, Rhino , Sandman, Green Goblin... Spidey does have some of the best villains. Next to X-men, Spiderman was my favorite comic series.

Crossover would be good, Spiderman vs Joker, Batman vs Dr Octopus. Superman vs Wolverine. Or Superman vs Hulk. It definitely opens up possibilities. DC & Marvel. That's never been done, right? as far as I know.

Funnily enough in regards to Spider-Man, I heard the fourth film in Sam Raimi's series (assuming the third didn't get such a negative reaction) would have the Vulture as the main villain with Mysterio as a minor villain.
With that in mind, it makes me laugh how for the MCU Spider-Man films, they had Vulture as the main villain for Homecoming, Mysterio as the main villain for Far From Home and then brought back Raimi's versions of Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Sandman for No Way Home.
(On a side note, it was cool to see Lizard and Electro from the Amazing Spider-Man movies there as well; shame we couldn't get a full "Sinister Six" but it was still entertaining).

As for Marvel/DC crossovers, they've had plenty of those in the comics; the first one been Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man: The Battle of the Century (which came about after a failed attempt in the 1970s to create a movie crossover, which couldn't be done as the Christopher Reeve Superman movie was getting made and Spider-Man was been used in a TV show so the rights to both characters were unavailable; Marvel and DC instead making a comic crossover to avoid wasting a decent idea) and following on from there.
That story - along with the other crossovers - are separate from the main comic timelines, taking place in an alternate universe where both universe's heroes/villains are treated like they've always existed together; DC referring to that universe's version of Earth as "Crossover Earth" while Marvel refers to it as "Earth-7642".
Beyond that, they have had other crossovers - those been DC vs. Marvel (which briefly gave us the Amalgam Universe) and later JLA/Avengers.

Beyond the comics, however, getting the two universes together in "official" movies, TV shows or video games has proven difficult. Even LEGO with their crossover video games/movies couldn't pull it off.
It's a shame because a Marvel/DC crossover in film - be it an original idea or a live action/animated version of one of their crossover comics - could prove to be a hit if done right.
I even made a post about whether Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man should get an animated adaptation some time back.

Last edited:
Watched a bit of Space Master X-7, a very obscure film about a space fungus, that was released alongside The Fly. It stars William Katt's father, Bill Williams.

I watched "Grimm Douwa - Kin No Tori" (The Golden Bird) and I highly recommend it. Jaw-dropping backgrounds, great designs and some of the best scale-conveying sequences I've seen. Seriously it does not hold back.
The plot is as simple as it gets but for a visual treat such as this you can hardly be upset about it. I uploaded what was one of the most impressive cuts to me for you to see:

Labyrinth. 1986. A 'condensed' Version. Very Amusing...

I've actually seen bits of this years ago...but never the whole thing, apparently it was a complete disaster of a movie.

I take it you're speaking on the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar. I remember her, blonde beauty Buffy the vampire slayer, and a man with a hook. That is all.

Last realmovie I watched was a week or so ago. Multiplicity (1996). Starring Michael Keaton, Manly Michael Keaton, Effeminate Michael Keaton and a mentally challenged Michael Keaton.

I have thing for Michael Keaton movies recently. He has weird eyebrows. I think his charisma as an actor is 90% the eyebrows.

The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman, yo - 1957).
upload_2022-4-24_0-26-58.jpeg

I watched The Purge a few days ago. I enjoyed it, pretty cool concept. I don't know if I'll check out any of the sequels though.

I watched The Purge a few days ago. I enjoyed it, pretty cool concept. I don't know if I'll check out any of the sequels though.

From what I've heard, the sequels actually build on the story and improve the first one. However, that'll be up to you to see if it's true or not if/when you watch them, as you may watch and disagree.

From beginning to end?

"Sherlock Holmes and the Great Escape."

Now there's a movie my mother can happily call cute. She calls almost everything that's appealing to her cute, even if it's something like "Con Air."

In the Cut
God I love this movie. I’ve seen it a million times and yet somehow every time I watch it I’m totally blown away.

New Threads

Top Bottom