• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

220px-Alita_Battle_Angel_%282019_poster%29.png

Alita: Battle Angel is a 2019 American cyberpunk action film
based on Japanese manga artist Yukito Kishiro's 1990s series
Gunnm
and its 1993 original video animation adaptation Battle Angel.
Alita: Battle Angel - Wikipedia

At first I didn't know how CGI the main character was.
Then I noticed her eyes.
alita-battle-angel-2.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/news/alita-battle-angel-takes-manga-to-photorealistic-levels/

Aguirre, The Wrath of God

A classic that lives up to the hype. Those last few minutes are some of the most intense filmmaking I have ever seen.

Tammy and the T-Rex
A 1990's R-rated comedy about a girl (Denise Richards) who has to find a new body for her boyfriend (Paul Walker) after a mad scientist removes his brain and places it inside the body of an animatronic T-Rex - although not before her boyfriend gets bloody retribution against those who wronged him and his friends.

(Here's a picture from the film. I was going to go for the movie's poster but I don't think the mods would approve).
primary_rex-header.jpg

Apparently, the movie came about because the director Steve Raffill (who directed Mac and Me and The Philadelphia Experiment) was approached by a man who owned theatres in South America and who had an animatronic T Rex that was going to be delivered to Texas later. The guy said they could make a movie with it but they would have to start filming within the month, so Steve apparently wrote the story for the film in a week.
Here's what Steve had to say about the film:
"I was just trying to do a film for people that like wacky movies. In other words, you laugh at the experience that I was facing which is, what the hell are you meant to do with this material?"

As you can guess, the movie is indeed silly but in a funny way; it's one of those films that you sit down for, turn your brain off and just enjoy the madness.
I thought it was a lot of fun and I did enjoy it for what it was worth. I'd recommend it but be aware that there is a fair amount of gore.

From our local library,

Yesterday?
Sky High (2005)
Tonight?
Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
(They won't be on Disney+ until December of this year.)

Last edited:
"Midway" (2019)

The good news is that this isn't much of a "remake" of the original 1976 film. Quite different in so many ways.

The bad news is that this one does an inferior job of explaining what would lead up to the historical battle of Midway, which only seven months after Pearl Harbor signaled a turning point in the war in favor of the allies. Little character development and not the best storytelling.

I suspect what the public liked so much about this film were all the battle scenes, meticulously executed using CGI. Which in most cases appeared quite technically accurate, as opposed to the original film. Though I was a bit disappointed that the CGI included the wrong version of the B-25 Mitchell bomber used in the Doolittle raid a few months before the Japanese plan to occupy Midway Island.

Last edited:
"Horror of Dracula" (1958)

Classic Hammer film with Christopher Lee in the title role.

Yesterday. I liked it. I think that it was a very interesting concept although there were some plot holes and was slow going at times.

"Village of the Damned" (1960)

An entire English village inexplicably gets knocked out, and then they all awaken hours later. With apparently a number of their women who were knocked up while being knocked out. Of all the nerve.

Nine months later a bunch of kids are born, half human and half something else. As they grow up, these kids all gang up against the villagers and British authorities. Maybe because of their bad haircuts. Hard to say.

Oddly enough, in as much as I detest most remakes, this is one case where I thought the 1995 remake with Kirstie Alley and Christopher Reeve was a better film.

Last edited:
"The Windermere Children" (2020)

True, bittersweet story of how Britain invited Polish Jewish children who survived the concentration camps of Nazi Germany to rest and recover from their nightmarish experiences. Where they were allowed to become human beings once again, at a time where most of them may have thought this to be impossible.

Worth seeing.

Watch the Trailer: The Windermere Children (PBS)

New Threads

Top Bottom