• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Lucky (2017)

The character in this is sort of aspie. Has a fixed routine. Prefers to live alone.

Harry Dean Stanton was 90 years old when this was made. It was the last movie he stared in, and passed away the year it came out. It's about him, and his character based loosely on him, coming to terms with the fact that he is going to pass away soon.

It has a somewhat David Lynch quality and co-stars David Lynch. But was directed by John Carroll Lynch, who is not related to David Lynch.

Last edited:
Videodrome (1983). From my perspective it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Before that I watched Jacob's Ladder (1990) which was similar, but much better.

Videodrome (1983). From my perspective it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Before that I watched Jacob's Ladder (1990) which was similar, but much better.

Try watching the 2017 film Alien vs. Zombies (also known as Zombies vs. Joe Alien) - that was a bad film.
I'll let you check out the trailers for yourself as I don't want to link them here, due to them containing gore and I don't want to get myself in trouble with the Admins.

Try watching the 2017 film Alien vs. Zombies (also known as Zombies vs. Joe Alien) - that was a bad film.
I'll let you check out the trailers for yourself as I don't want to link them here, due to them containing gore and I don't want to get myself in trouble with the Admins.

I would expect that to be a bad movie. But Videodrome is considered a sci-fi classic, was directed by David Chonenberg, has a 7.2/10 rating on IMDB and is included among the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die", edited by Steven Schneider.

Last edited:
I would expect that to be a bad movie. But Videodrome is considered a sci-fi classic, was directed by David Chonenberg, has a 7.2/10 rating on IMDB and is ncluded among the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die", edited by Steven Schneider.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense; movies people think are great yet when you watch them, your reaction is more like "er...how was this so well received?".
For me, I have that reaction for James Cameron's 2009 film Avatar - which 'looked' great but that was about it, as it felt like the cinematic equivalent of standing in the shallows on a tropical beach in the sun without exploring below the waves to see the interesting stuff in the depths.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense; movies people think are great yet when you watch them, your reaction is more like "er...how was this so well received?".
For me, I have that reaction for James Cameron's 2009 film Avatar - which 'looked' great but that was about it, as it felt like the cinematic equivalent of standing in the shallows on a tropical beach in the sun without exploring below the waves to see the interesting stuff in the depths.

I didn't think much of it either. Not horrible, but I don't have any desire to see it a second time.

As soon as I read that, all I could think of was the possessed car from Stephen King's novel of the same name and the 1983 film. :)
This Christine is Christine Chubbuck, 8/24/1944 - 7/15/1974. She was an American television reporter & the first person to commit suicide on a live television broadcast, R.I.P.

New Threads

Top Bottom