• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your temperament?

• Total voters
I knew it would be close between choleric and Melancholic.
Just from the description I knew it was Melancholic.

Test results- Choleric - 17
Melancholic - 23
Sanguine - 1
Phlegmatic - 6

These are the results from the OSPP Four Temperaments Test. The calculated scores for each type are shown below (scores range between 0 to 24).

Choleric
Melancholic
Sanguine
Phlegmatic
Description of your temperament
Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

Choleric - 8
Melancholic - 13
Sanguine - 4
Phlegmatic - 15

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

I already knew Phlegmatic would be my temperament before taking the test, but it looks like equal parts Melancholic and Phlegmatic.

I decided to answer the extra questions while waiting for the results of the test, and one of them was did I ever grab a snake?
I did once when I was a kid. I don't think it was venomous, but it looked pretty ticked off and ready to bite, so I let it go. So I answered "strongly agree". What a weird question.

omh8pefb0dd41.jpg

Definitely Melancholic. Doesn't mean I can't still be dominant, though! -flexes- I'm an earthbender, and don't you dunderheads forget it!

Melancholic 19
Choleric 15
Sanguine 7
Phlegmatic 6

Choleric
Melancholic
Sanguine
Phlegmatic

Description of your temperament
Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Choleric 11, Meloncholic 11, Sanguine 4, Phlegmatic 16.

This surprises me because I'm a Taurus, but I look better in Autumn colors.

Choleric 11, Meloncholic 11, Sanguine 4, Phlegmatic 16.

If I was asked to rate myself, independent of the quiz questions, I would have said I'm a Choleric masking as a Phlegmatic. Internally, a lot of things set me off. But I watch normal people and those things don't set them off, so I play it cool. Out in society, I deliberately avoid things that provoke strong emotional responses because I don't trust myself to "act right" in those situations.

Someone told me once that I'm one of the most stable, level-headed people they have met. I told them it was all an act, and they laughed it off.

It's still all an act.

Last edited:
The science-y sounding words are stupid (I mean, one of them sounds like it references a blob of snot), so:

Fire: 16
Earth: 14
Air: 7
Water: 6

If the fire one hadnt been my top score, I would have concluded that the test was defective. I'm much too hot-headed and Hulk Smashy to have anything else as the top one. And I'm definitely manipulative and controlling.
I see through your evil plans. I know what'cha gonna do. :eek: You're gonna manipulate us to bring you more water.

This test is rigged D:< It disagrees with me.

Choleric
Melancholic
Sanguine
Phlegmatic

The first thing that comes to mind when I see the four temperaments are the personalities of the Ninja Turtles.:D

Last edited:
I'm forever up and down emotionally. Very rarely in the middle and if I'm not feeling an extreme of emotion I'm normally bored senseless.

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom