• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your temperament?

• Total voters
Today I was very very choleric because of an idiot male Karen in line behind me at the store said "I want to speak to the manager", which kept me from getting the item I wanted with the one cashier who was working. I ruined my time out with my mom. I guess I'm the real Karen.:(

You think phlegmatic sounds gross? Choleric sounds even worse because it sounds like cholera, that deadly, nasty disease that pioneers and people in underdeveloped countries get because they drink untreated water.

...an idiot male Karen...
I guess I'm the real Karen.
What does "Karen" mean in that context...?
full

Karen comes from meme slang, so to speak. A Karen is a person who will make a fuss out of nothing, copied from a dictionary page "Karen is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman." and basically it's used for people who would act entitled and over exaggerating.
What's an old entitled, obnoxious, fuss out of nothing man called?
Frank?

What does "Karen" mean in that context...?
full

I didn't use to know either until I got up the courage to ask, but it comes from an internet meme. A "Karen" is basically someone who is very self-entitled, rude, demanding, opinionated, selfish, and abusive. And those are just the *good* points.

Not long ago I created my fist scenario on Plague Inc. on Steam. I made up a disease called "Entitled Parentism". I was going to call it "Karenism", but I decided it was too gender specific. Since it was my first time customizing a scenario I don't know if it's all that good. But I had a blast making up the symptoms and sounding more and more evil as the virus progresses. I've seen two Youtube videos so far that did a let's play of my scenario.:D

Choleric 8
Melancholic 8
Sanguine 4
Phlegmatic 16

"Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive."

I wonder what's with the lack of sanguines and cholerics?
In reading the chart before I even began the test, I knew I would be melancholic.
Just another term for depressed or one who ruminates.
I only got a 1 on Sanguines. I felt that would be one who is more peaceful and easy going.

Sort of fits a large majority of us.

What blend of the Four Temperaments do you have? Mine is a Melancholic, Choleric, Phlegmatic blend; though I am working on adding some Sanguinity into the mix. :)

What about you, what are your blends? Do you think there are any blends or temperaments that Autistic people are more prone to?

I think I'm melancholic-phlegmatic oriented (completely opposite of the other two) due to things like social anxiety and ocd tendencies along with an immense fear of change. I do have a bit of a private lifestyle since I don't really talk to anyone in real life apart from my family and I avoid causing conflict. The last time I was exposed to this sort of material I was only given brief definitions and so I just thought I was melancholic.

Usually I get melancholic on these tests or a mix of melancholic and phlegmatic on others

Last edited:
Strongly phelmatic. That is my mature self, my younger self would have been much different. I am tempted to do the test again answering as my 20 year old self.

My results were mixed but it said I am Sanguine.
I think that is why I tend to sometimes talk too much and I wish I could occasonally be with some
(nice, & preferably funny) people. Also I am naturally confident but have social anxiety, so it is weird... and I am definely impulsive.

Choleric
Melancholic
Sanguine
Phlegmatic

New Threads

Top Bottom