• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your temperament?

• Total voters

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
Undoubtably my favorite personality type system is the 4 temperaments. A proto-psychological theory which states there are basically 4 types of people. The choleric, the melancholic, the sanguine, and the phlegmatic.
e6f01a2ee4f09fc393796f429ad3c339.png

Take the test here: OSPP Four Temperaments Test
I'm a melancholic.

I couldn't say any one alone. I feel it is a combination of the first three, or maybe those in rolling alteration. The only one I felt I could reasonably eliminate was Phlegmatic which is good because it sounds like a coughing disorder. But even then I wouldn't say I am never that way, just it is rarest.

Last edited:
I couldn't say any one alone. I feel it is a combination of the first three, or maybe those in rolling alteration. The only one I felt I could reasonably eliminate was Phlegmatic which is good because it sounds like a coughing disorder. But even then I wouldn't say I am never that way, just it is rarest.
agree - I was trying to avoid the phlegmatic because it sounds disgusting. lol

Should have just stuck to fire, air, water earth

A personality test based on the four humors is pre-scientific. If you want a better descriptor of temperaments, look at the five-factor NEO PI. The five temperaments in that system are neuroticism, extraversion, openness to experience, conscientiousness, agreeability.

I thought I would be Phlegmatic and I was.

However these are not so much types as generalised groupings. The Myers Briggs test drills down more, with 16 types.

Yeah I m Phlegmatic and I don't care who knows it. Well I wouldn't, would I? Chill, people.

agree - I was trying to avoid the phlegmatic because it sounds disgusting. lol
They are all based on different types of body fluids.

The summary said that I was Sanguine (14), but I got the same score for Phlegmatic.
full

Last edited:
I didn't even notice the test. I was right, I got 16 on melancholic with the rest equally around 4/5. Darn!

I missed there was a test also, but have taken it now. I was apparently correct thinking I was a combo of three and rarely one. I just had the rare one wrong. I thought it was Phlegmatic.

Choleric - 6
Melancholic - 13
Sanguine - 13
Phlegmatic - 12

The science-y sounding words are stupid (I mean, one of them sounds like it references a blob of snot), so:

Fire: 16
Earth: 14
Air: 7
Water: 6

If the fire one hadnt been my top score, I would have concluded that the test was defective. I'm much too hot-headed and Hulk Smashy to have anything else as the top one. And I'm definitely manipulative and controlling.

I knew I was a melancholic even before taking the test:

Melancholic: 24
Choleric: 12
Sanguine: 6
Phlegmatic: 8

Although lately I've been more choleric than usual. And not in a positive way.:mad:

New Threads

Top Bottom