• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

no! try to publish! I write too but maybe not what people want to pay money for, but being recognised in public is a small price to pay if you create the next harry potter or narnia and get paid millions. Plus you could always buy a disguise or a big hat

time travel back, open a bank account with ten pounds, come back, see how much interest you've made. Or go back and take a list of dates of horse races then put money on the winning ones

String theorist, working at the Institute for Advanced Study with Edward Witten, having professional contacts with Roger Penrose and Julian Barbour.

Yeah, I know, a pipe dream. :p

My ultimate dream job would be a major international rock star in a major band but failing that I would love to be a train driver or long distance bus driver.

My absolut dream job would be a mechanic, humbly enough.

But not any mechanic, one that could be picky about which cars and trucks I choose to work on.

And those would ALL be the old Chevys.

Chevrolet pride.

My absolut dream job would be a mechanic, humbly enough.

But not any mechanic, one that could be picky about which cars and trucks I choose to work on.

And those would ALL be the old Chevys.

Chevrolet pride.
my dad has a 1950's chevy pickup truck brown. its in pretty good shape. stays in the garage a lot.

My dream job is to be a screenwriter and director, for television and film. I did once send a sitcom script off to the BBC and they read the whole thing and gave feedback so I can't be terrible at it. Now I'm trying figure out how to get an agent so other places will even let me send them scripts. I'm also toying with the idea of writing something cheap and making a low budget film, although I don't know how or if I could submit it to a film festival. That and my social anxiety would stop me from directing a bunch of people.

At this point, anything that pays the bills. Lol

But if I could be a successful author (which I am pursuing now, since I am writing a book on Asperger's Syndrome), that would be fantastic. :cloud9:

Work with Gorillas or Orangutans. A silverback would be much easier to work with than the human variety!
10967128-silver-back-gorilla.jpg

My first love, other than the Holy Trinity (Father, +Son and Holy Spirit), is Music. It's always what I wanted to be. Librarian would be next (you'd be surprised how many musicians, other than composers, and any one involved in the research disciplines who couldn't hack it doing pure research end up being librarians), and finally, a technical support geek (working the help desk is a lot like working the reference desk at a library, since the processes for getting the information to a customer is pretty much the same.)

An idea of a "dream job" of sorts that popped my mind recently would be either board game designer or tester/proof reader for such type of games.

While I play videogames, I prefer non-video games a lot more. And besides that I do have a knack for exposing loopholes quite often.

Reading online about it, it's a hard industry to break into unless you have that golden idea. Kickstarter/indie-go-go campaigns might help a bit more to get ideas financed though, but still... having an idea would be a start.

Work for NASA or an astronaut. Since I'm not good in Math or Physics/Chemistry, that is out of the question. I love anything to do with space though. I also wish to become a writer and I am trying to make that dream come true.

I've actually been toying with the idea that being an executioner like they had in medieval times would be a good job for me. It might give my bad side a way to express itself.

I've actually been thinking about the fact that due to being a more civilized society, it made certain jobs disappear... even though human nature hasn't changed a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom