• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

Is being a homemaker, in my case, hmm, house-husband, a real job?

It looks fulfilling for families. (Winks)

I have to say that I have a very different view about what a job is. See, we need jobs to earn money. We need money to pay for food and shelter. Without food and shelter, we die. Therefore as employees we *need* the jobs. And employers have our very own lives in their hands. Pretty much like slavery.

The best we can do is to find a Job that we actually like. Even though somebody will always make rich from our efforts, at least is not as painful if we like what we do.

I honestly believe in using technology to free employees from the burdens of work. Working in the computer industry I have lost count of how many systems I've designed to automate tasks made by human employees and make their lives easier. Sadly, employers didn't shared my vision. It troubles me to know that my "improvements" to the systems often resulted in dozens of employees being fired because they were not needed anymore.

I wish to live on a society where our individual work & efforts would benefit the whole group, not just the individuals at the top, not just the guy who made the patent first. A society where each person could choose to work on whatever makes him/her happy, sharing his efforts with the rest of the group.

/daydreaming mode is "on" beyond this point.

Imagine we were given some land in the middle of nowhere with enough acres for everybody and some starting funds. We could build some houses to live in and some buildings dedicated to our passions. We could then work on our passions as much as we like and then try to find a way to become self sustainable with our passions. Turning each of our individual passions into actual businesses.

From what I've learn talking with fellow aspies that populate the shoutbox. I imagine this village having a Doll Shop that will be open at night time only. I also see who's gonna manage the village's Gym. I imagine some acres being dedicated to farming too. I know next to nothing about growing crops. But I can work on designing a great water supply system, computer controlled, with all kinds of sensors and gadgets throughout the fields.

Some of our passions are jobs you could do on your own. Some, like mine's, are more about using my skills to help others on whatever is that they do. I get no satisfaction in designing a system that nobody uses. Not I get any satisfaction in creating a machine that's gonna get somebody fired.

If I only had the money.

With money, we can do so much more wonders.

I can even be the head of a media company that produces content, which produces inspiring stories for our tired, troubled and divided generation.

/daydreaming mode is "on" beyond this point.

Imagine we were given some land in the middle of nowhere with enough acres for everybody and some starting funds. We could build some houses to live in and some buildings dedicated to our passions. We could then work on our passions as much as we like and then try to find a way to become self sustainable with our passions. Turning each of our individual passions into actual businesses.

From what I've learn talking with fellow aspies that populate the shoutbox. I imagine this village having a Doll Shop that will be open at night time only. I also see who's gonna manage the village's Gym. I imagine some acres being dedicated to farming too. I know next to nothing about growing crops. But I can work on designing a great water supply system, computer controlled, with all kinds of sensors and gadgets throughout the fields.

Some of our passions are jobs you could do on your own. Some, like mine's, are more about using my skills to help others on whatever is that they do. I get no satisfaction in designing a system that nobody uses. Not I get any satisfaction in creating a machine that's gonna get somebody fired.

If I only had the money.

/daydreaming on - minecraft!!

I completely agree. That would be my ideal world, create a town, AspieVille or something with a decent name and invite any aspie's to come. I would be more than eager to help build houses for everyone, if only we had the funding and resources.. With all those people stacking up millions and billions of dollars in the world, it frustrates me that this (at the moment) cannot be a reality. Any of those rich people donating money will surely set it towards other things, like cancer research, or whatever else they think is more important. I would certainly work at a research building in this village :D
I love thinking about this, but every time I pull myself back to reality I get more and more depressed because of how pathetic this is compared to how that could be.. :(

I'm sure every Aspie would want to jump into Aspieville and live there. Even I'd want to move there.

However, what about the Aspies' parents, living environment etc.? Would it be too much if there were only Aspies in the town.

Which is why, in my opinion, I think Aspies just need a more supportive environment for all to live, for more to make mistakes without feeling guilty, and for more people to succeed with humility - for they are not alone in their journey towards progress.

I'm sure every Aspie would want to jump into Aspieville and live there. Even I'd want to move there.

However, what about the Aspies' parents, living environment etc.? Would it be too much if there were only Aspies in the town.

Which is why, in my opinion, I think Aspies just need a more supportive environment for all to live, for more to make mistakes without feeling guilty, and for more people to succeed with humility - for they are not alone in their journey towards progress.

I would say Aspie parents are sure welcomed, as long as they understand they need to let us shine in our own wavelengths instead of trying to "adjust" or "fix" us.

And talking about parents, I honestly think there are way more Aspie parents that we think. My son for example, I'm sure he is an Aspie, yet he's been diagnosed with many different Autism labels over the years. Maybe not many people know, maybe is difficult to diagnose in kids, maybe doctors just want to sell drugs... I don't know.

But this being a dream job thread, I have to add that I would love to work (even volunteer) for any project that has to do with study of Aspergers.

Back to the topic

My dream job currently would be a stay-at-home urban planner and writer, in a government more welcoming of urban planning.

I also dream of becoming the land developer in a Michigan-based real estate company, where I develop the urban prairies of Detroit into what it was many years ago - neighbourhoods full of houses and buzz.

A 2nd string kicker or punter in the NFL. think about it

Really, though I'm not sure. I'm into bodybuilding/powerlifting/weight training. Being a famous competitor in a sport like that and showing that someone on the spectrum can do it would be wonderful on top of the fame, cash and prestige that would come with it

Last edited:
Time traveler.

What? You said dream job.

Okay, I'd love to publish some of my stories. Ideally sell enough to make a modest living from, without the pressures of too much recognition or fame. Failing that, I'd like to run my own online business. Or become an educational consultant and advise schools on ways to help individual children with special needs to access the curriculum.

All of those ^^ are equally improbable, though.

Time traveller even at a low pay!

We all want this, don't we :D

Time is the most powerful discovery and a source of future invention...

My dream job would have to do with helping or studying animals. Or maybe a career in criminal psychology.

A totally unrealistic dream job would be getting paid to eat ice cream and then give reviews of it. But I'd only want to try chocolate-based ice creams.

What would you do if you woke up tomorrow with all the official certificates, diplomas & licenses confirming that you are now god: complete with a fancy brass name plate that reads "THE DIVINE & TRES HOLY GRUBBY"

What would you do if you woke up tomorrow with all the official certificates, diplomas & licenses confirming that you are now god: complete with a fancy brass name plate that reads "THE DIVINE & TRES HOLY GRUBBY"
I'd destroy the planet, of course! :)

Why? Wouldn't that defeat your hedonistic intentions as expressed in another thread?

Why? Wouldn't that defeat your hedonistic intentions as expressed in another thread?
They're not going to come true anyway.

And why would I do destroy the world? I'm not allowed to say.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom