• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

If you move to Texas or Arkansas, you can get a job administering electrocutions or lethal injections. That particular profession has not really gone away.

If you move to Texas or Arkansas, you can get a job administering electrocutions or lethal injections. That particular profession has not really gone away.

Hmhm... I think beheadings have more charm to it, lol. It's true though... but being put to death (or tortured even) isn't totally out of this world, but it's not as common as it used to be a few hundred years ago

I've changed my notion of a "dream job" since I figured out I'm an Aspie. I love making music, but I then I tried doing it out in the world, and I realized it's not the kind of thing I'd do as a job. I like the personal side of music, but not the social side.

My pipe dream job now is to be a novelist. Fortunately, the only thing you need to do to become a novelist is to stop not writing a novel. Unfortunately, there's a very good chance you won't get paid for your work.

What appeals to me about it is that it involves periods of isolation and focus, lots of typing, using your imagination, and reading books and watching movies can make you better at it.

You're welcome.

I really look forward to have see you as a novelist. I see that many of us can be really talented in writing and sharing our thoughts with other people.

Daniel, perhaps you might have this creative spark in you... :)

Care to light up others' ideas with your book? Haha

You're welcome.

I really look forward to have see you as a novelist. I see that many of us can be really talented in writing and sharing our thoughts with other people.

Daniel, perhaps you might have this creative spark in you... :)

Care to light up others' ideas with your book? Haha

@Geordie :) Posting on here and meeting people like you makes me want to actually do it now! I can't think of a better way to spend Spring.

My pipe dream job now is to be a novelist. Fortunately, the only thing you need to do to become a novelist is to stop not writing a novel. Unfortunately, there's a very good chance you won't get paid for your work.

What appeals to me about it is that it involves periods of isolation and focus, lots of typing, using your imagination, and reading books and watching movies can make you better at it.
That's a thing I would like to be too. I've written tons of stuff and made illustrations to some of it (among the things a very weird dairy/poetry-ish autobiography), but I lack the courage to do something with it. I don't even dare to publish any of it online.

I'd love to be oceanographer or seismologist, but I'm not ever going to be physicist. Also doing IT systems for neurophysiology studies would be awesome. I might also like to be wildlife veterinarian.
But as it seems I'm going to be an engineer, I could try to find job on some of those fields.

As a kid I hoped ending up as some sort of an artist, but maybe I don't have patience necessary nor interest to sell myself as a product. I also would hate to be in center of any attention.

I'd love to be oceanographer or seismologist, but I'm not ever going to be physicist. Also doing IT systems for ....

Just made me smile. I'm a programmer writing software for a group of seismologists. If you have technical knowledge and you can program, there's work out there. Nice work. Better than writing financial software for a bank.

I think my current dream job is to write Android phone apps. I could be at home, work small scale, and work on ONE THING at a time.
I just need mental energy after 10pm at the moment to do it.

That's a thing I would like to be too. I've written tons of stuff and made illustrations to some of it (among the things a very weird dairy/poetry-ish autobiography), but I lack the courage to do something with it. I don't even dare to publish any of it online.

Is there a corner of this place you and Daniel could drop in some work?
I'd be frightened to put stuff out to the wider Internet too, knowing the lunatics out there.
But in here, you'd get a few people reading and commenting, and no-one is going to be harsh.

It'd be nice all round.

... or I could just be a crazy old man who sits on a park bench all day saying "Gerday" to random people as they pass by.

I think I'd be good at that.

Is there a corner of this place you and Daniel could drop in some work?
I'd be frightened to put stuff out to the wider Internet too, knowing the lunatics out there.
But in here, you'd get a few people reading and commenting, and no-one is going to be harsh.

It'd be nice all round.
Well mine isn't written in english since I am swedish, and I'm not sure I would dare to put something up here either.

Oh and an anthropoligist is also something I would like to be, one of the things that actually could be possible to be for me.

Have you ever been to the US Space and Rocket Center? If your passion is space and NASA then that's the place to see. I can see it from my front porch.

maybe breakfast going to NASA and an evening out in Nashville suits me just fine :) Travelling around places would be a dream job to many! :)

Not sure for me, though, atm

I've had so many dream jobs usually to do with obsessions, when I was obsessed with animals I wanted to be a vet but the gross parts of that not to mention having to put animals down put me off. When I went mad on the baking I thought how great it would be to be paid to make cakes, but it's not for me, I'm not good enough and I have so many meltdowns over it I'd get very little done.

Then there is writing another thing I love to do but I'm not very good at it I just enjoy it alot, so if someone would pay me to write complete rubbish I'd be happy lol

Anything working from home would be a dream job for me, I hate venturing outside.

I want to be in the FBI *sigh*
That's my dream ... but I'm going to pursue being a forensic pathologist. I still get dreamy-eyed when I think of the second choice, but man, I wish I could find it in myself to pursue my Dream of All Dreams.

My dream job is to be a professional musician. It's just the only thing i really want to do, to be honest :)

New Threads

Top Bottom