• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

Published novelist, and I may get there soon; a friend of a friend is putting me in touch with an editor and self-published author who also happens to work in a support organization for people with Asperger's. So excited!

Thanks Yoshi! :D

My name's been passed along, now I just have to wait for them to get in touch, and hopefully some of my work is good enough to be hammered into shape and published. I'll post a link here when it is, since it'll likely be as an eBook. :D

Hopefully you're not alone in that! Its much easier to publish an ebook than a paperback.

Dream job, I've had many over the years. For awhile it was a truckdriver, since I could just live in the truck and tour the country and be alone and it'd be a bit like camping. I'd also like to run an old time junkyard, since I enjoy working with car parts in the raw but dealing with shady thieves would be rough. Or like those on American Restoration, no manuals, you just have to learn how everything works that comes in so you can rebuild it. Or even a lighthouse keeper or even like Jack's role on The Shining. Or a warehouse worker, or boiler room worker, since I love being surrounded by stacks or workings of things and would love the heat and white noise and solitude of a boiler room. Or using the skills I learned in college, I've thought for awhile my dream job would be an engineer working 3rd shift.

Project/product manager in a non-discipline. It's essentially like being an entrepreneur, but with the support of an entire company rather than the pressure of your own funding.

I want to be a well published neurogeneticist. I don't need to be rich, but I want to have a beachside home in Europe or South America with a cafe/bar and art gallery upstairs (under actual living space where I would sell vegan goods and host local artists) and a basement level laboratory.

Video games designer, I'd kind of like to be the English Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the Super Mario games.

An artist so successful that I can live on a canal barge or in a gypsy caravan and just live all over the uk or even Europe, of course this isn't going to happen at least while the children are so young but hey I can dream :)

New Threads

Top Bottom