• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
I have a ridiculous collection of flashlights. From used to very expensive. I don’t know how many exactly. It would probably measure in the hundreds if I got them all together (including headlamps and keychain flashlights).

I have several flashlights that cost hundreds of dollars each. I don’t have them in boxes or in a display cabinet. I use them and they’re stashed all over the place.

I love old furniture and recently my mom found this really cute side table on the side of the road,for free.
She didnt had space for it, so she gave it to me. Also please ignore the mess, i am currently to lazy to do something about it
_20220617_171140.JPG

At one time, I collected random hot wheels and matchbox cars. I have a collection of beach rocks and driftwood, that I add to on occasion, and a collection of drafting and rendering supplies, pencils, pens and the like.

The oldest music box I have could either be the one that belonged to my grandma and I’m guessing is from between 1940 to 1960 or the large two song Anri Thorens music box which is from between 1950 and 1970 given a lot of similar Anri music boxes are from the same time period and some time after the 60s Anri started to use the smaller music box movements and started using Japanese made movements in the single song pieces. The figures also started to look a bit different and not always wood carved.

I don´t collect anything these days, but as little child I collected beer mats (from the one my father drank), chestnuts and marbles. It was because of the autistic urge.

I maybe collected bad experiences sometimes, but not on purpose : D

I bought around 200 books of literature in the past (goethe, schiller, shakespeare, kafka and so on), but I also read some of them. I readed like 70 of them. but I don´t think that´s meant with "collect something."

Found these books for free at two diffrent locations. I really liked how they looked.
They are from around 1950 if remeber correctly.
Have not read them( yet), so i cant tell if there good or what they are about.
I mostly picked them up for there looks.
_20220816_223935.JPG

Found these books for free at two diffrent locations. I really liked how they looked.
They are from around 1950 if remeber correctly.
Have not read them( yet), so i cant tell if there good or what they are about.
I mostly picked them up for there looks.View attachment 83846

I looked this up wondering if it might have something to do with the immigration of the French to Louisiana and Texas after their defeat at the Battle of Waterloo. (Waterloo is one of my special interests). But it sounds more like a cheesy romance novel. ;) Nice looking books though.

This article is guaranteed to be available
Author:L Bromfield
Title:

Traum in Louisiana

Condition:slight signs of wear
Verlag:

Eduard Kaiser Verlag

Format:22 x 14,3 x 4 cm
Pages:384
Weight:632 g
Edition:unknown
Appeared:unknown
Cover:Hardcover/bound
Language:Deutsch
Description:The year was 1862. Major Tom Bedloe, of the Union Army occupying New Orleans, threw himself in a frenzy on the pleasures that the conquered city had to offer so plentifully, that city with its dank sultriness that bled faster, full of the scent of wisteria and the pregnant heavy smell of fertility from the delta mud, a city that almost exuded an erotic excitement.
Tom loved fighting like a ram or a young bull just thinking about it made his blood rush through his veins, the muscles in his arms and body tightened, his whole body tingled: it was a sudden, heated pleasure, almost like what he felt in the arms of a beautiful woman. He was arrogant, selfish, ruthless and at the same time amazingly handsome, a man women dreamed of, chasing after to be taken by him and just as quickly dropped. And New Orleans was rich in beautiful women. But one of them was not willing to bow to his rule, to his whims. Elaine de Leche, the black-haired young Creole baroness in whom he found his mistress. She was a fascinating woman smart, cruel and corrupt like him, a woman which the men used for their own purposes. And this creature, both hot-blooded and coldly calculating, had a very specific plan for Major Tom Bedloe...

Oh, that sounds like something i wouldnt even consider reading.But i mostly just got them for the looks.
I personly didnt find much information on these, so thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom