• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters

Questella

Peace, Love and all that good stuff
Do you like to collect anything? I've always been obsessed with collecting things. When I was little little I had a collection of rocks and feathers I found out in the yard.

When I was a little older I went crazy collecting Pokémon cards, I still have them all (1996-2007) tens of thousands, I had to stop, there were just too many, we're getting more expensive and I wasn't having anyone to play with anymore.

I also avidly collected comic books, Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog and all their spin offs (Knuckles, Tails, Sonic X, etc), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Also I had a lot of random series plus several Batman and many things that just looked interesting. I try not to ever miss Free Comic book day (it's coming up!!). Recently I started collecting the My Little Pony books though I miss a lot since there are no nerd stores convenient too me. :( Though when I go I always get my kid a few of the 1$ bin Spidermans or something.

I also have a pretty big collection of Pokémon and My Little Pony toys (gen4 only. A few of the 1989 TMNT (I had them all at one time but when I was in school one day (5th grade) my stupid older half brother came to our house and took them all to buy drugs with (there is no forgiveness)).

I used to have all the Sonic the Hedgehog games for Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, Sega Saturn, Game Gear) but somebody got into my stuff and lifted them... >:

I also collected all the I Spy books, I really love these and managed to get a complete collection all from Goodwill (yay!). I'm now collecting the World of Warcraft Strategy Guides.

I've also been collecting board games, I get many from Goodwill also, just count the pieces and you're ready to go! I got a totally awesome Lord of the Rings Monopoly there for 2$!! It looked like it had only been opened and looked through, lol.

Does anybody else like to collect anything? =D

When I was a child, I was obsessed with knickers. Yep, that is right, female underwear.

I was raised in a very unhygenic atmosphere and learned at school, that one should change their knickers every day. I was mortified that I would go for months without changing. I was around 7 or 8 and could barely concentrate at school. And so, started my knicker collection.

My granny told me that as a baby, I would get grandpa's shoes and tie they to each other in a row.

As a young adult, I was obsessed with collecting anything Victorian and have scrapebooks, full of Victorian cut out dresses and their history.

Again, as a child, I was obsessed with wanting to be a browny and only wear brown.

If I could afford it, it would be shoes now. Obsessed with colour and shoes come in a variety of colours and I love choosing my outfit and the shoes that go with them.

But other than late, my collection days have come to an end. I guess I learned to value what I have.

When I was a child, I was obsessed with knickers. Yep, that is right, female underwear.

I was raised in a very unhygenic atmosphere and learned at school, that one should change their knickers every day. I was mortified that I would go for months without changing. I was around 7 or 8 and could barely concentrate at school. And so, started my knicker collection.

My granny told me that as a baby, I would get grandpa's shoes and tie they to each other in a row.

As a young adult, I was obsessed with collecting anything Victorian and have scrapebooks, full of Victorian cut out dresses and their history.

Again, as a child, I was obsessed with wanting to be a browny and only wear brown.

If I could afford it, it would be shoes now. Obsessed with colour and shoes come in a variety of colours and I love choosing my outfit and the shoes that go with them.

But other than late, my collection days have come to an end. I guess I learned to value what I have.

Oh, I do have a good shoe collection too (mostly also from Goodwill) heels and wedges mostly, as idk about getting sneakers or most boots used, though do have probably a dozen pairs of boots. Probably over 50 pairs of heels. =D

And I also have a decent collection of Fuzzy Legwarmers, I am obsessed with them. I just found a pink and white pair at Claire's for 15$ and the inner lining is like the binding on my blanket, it's like a dream. <3

I used to collect band t-shirts avidly but had to stop now (too mant) I only get like 1 a year.

I added clothing too the poll. :3

I used to collect key rings when I was younger. I don't any more, but I still have a hell of a lot of them on my keys. I will also never turn another one down, despite people already frequently pointing out how I have 3 keys and 20+ key rings. I also make my sister get me a magnet wherever she travels, so I can put them on my freezer. I sort of collect Pop! figures, but only from fandoms I like and even then only certain characters. I'm terrible for collecting craft supplies, and will happily buy stuff even if I have no idea what I'll use it for.

I used to collect Pokemon cards when I was a kid too, and I still have them all. Also beanie babies. They're all under our bed as I have nowhere to put them.

I have been collecting books since I was 14, so have several thousand now. I've been running out of space for them for a long time. I also collect everything to do with Doctor Who, and this is spreading into my work place. (Although that's comforting to have Doctor Who things around at work). I used to collect badges and postcards when I was younger, and stamps - but wasn't organised enough to keep them in folders. They were kept in a large jar and I'd get them out regularly and line them up and look at them. Ahh those were the days. :)

Thread Racks
full

For custom lay figures
(I get them articulated bodies, as needed.)
Shoe Organizer
full

Last edited:
i collect mugs with animals on, and charlie bears and steiff bears-these are very exclusive/collectible and expensive and i give them to my nieces when i die,as well as regular bears or any unique bears i can find. on the back of my sofa i have my favourite charlie and steiff bears.
i also collect schleich animal toys.
i also collect baby/toddler toys,they appeal to my mind and senses,i used to use a toy library for disabled kids and adults when i lived in the trafford borough- because you could get so much sensory and play stuff from there although that was more for using and less about collecting.

i shall get some photos up later as i am at my parents house now.

According to my wife, I collect collections...but, I have a few that get more attention:

Baseball cards - I have around 75,000, including some Football, Hockey, and Star Wars cards.
Autographed books - some I've gotten in person (including 10 John Grisham books when I lived in Charlottesville, VA), some on eBay, and some in thrift stores (including a Stan Lee autographed Marvel Encyclopedia for $3).
Antique Medical Books - I blame my wife's grandmother, since she gave me her father's collection (he was a GP in rural upstate NY in the late 1800s) - now I have about 30-40. My favorite is "Diseases of Women."
College Memorabilia - I have about 300 mugs, books, signs, decorative plates, etc from where I went to school.

I use to collect comics when I was younger. Now I collect video games (but I play all the games I own) and movies. I also have a decent book and graphic novel collection.

I collect firearms. Mostly older eastern European firearms, but I have all kinds. I do not hunt, but I do shoot them. At a firing
range.

A lot of the older ones have a lot of history. I like to research and read about them.

I collect trash and bones and bits of hair, crawdad parts, lost fishing lures, or whatever else I find when I go anywhere. I really like old beer can tabs but they are not showing up as often, though sometimes a heavy rain may wash one out from somewhere. I am learning to quit dragging quite so much home and I do edit my stuff regularly and try to keep it to smaller items because I no longer have much space for it. Free curb stuff is another thing I can't resist. Last good find was two free extra small old doors. With door knobs! From my evening walks I have brought home roadkill hair and from road-trips two by fours and a free giant inedible zucchini. Once I found a piece of cactus in the middle of the street and put it in a pot and it grew.

image.jpeg
I collect art supplies, books, rocks, fossils, shells, Schleich and Safari toys ( which my grandson lines up), wooden blocks, and art cards. I made a set of blocks from forty different kinds of wood and woodburned the type of wood onto each block. When I was a kid I did some strange collecting. I once collected every kind of mushroom I could find in the woods, all different, and lined them up under my bed. When my mom came into my room to wake me up a few days later and there were maggots everywhere, I was in some big trouble. I also collected frog skins and when my mom found a jar full of frog skins in alcohol, I was in big trouble again. Then there were the animal bones and teeth in my closet. I seemed to always be in big trouble!

I collect antique swords and daggers. Not replicas, the real thing. The two oldest pieces I have date back to 1400 and 1600. It's not an inexpensive hobby.

Neither is collecting firearms. The pieces that are of greatest interest to me are military firearms. They have that in common with the swords: they have been to war, or at least may have been. Tracing a piece is not an easy thing to do.

Not all of my guns are warfighters; for instance, I have a Ruger Mark I long-barreled target pistol made before Ruger redesigned the magazine follower, and a 6 inch barreled Smith & Wesson Model 25 in .45 ACP that makes me feel as if I'm Harry Callahan, while being able to shoot comfortably and affordably. (Six rounds of .44 Magnum factory ammo, and my wrist will ache for hours. I hit what I point at, but I don't enjoy it.)

But firearms are little pieces of history you can hold in your hand. I find that intensely attractive, a tangible link with the past.

View attachment 32745 I collect art supplies, books, rocks, fossils, shells, Schleich and Safari toys ( which my grandson lines up), wooden blocks, and art cards. I made a set of blocks from forty different kinds of wood and woodburned the type of wood onto each block. When I was a kid I did some strange collecting. I once collected every kind of mushroom I could find in the woods, all different, and lined them up under my bed. When my mom came into my room to wake me up a few days later and there were maggots everywhere, I was in some big trouble. I also collected frog skins and when my mom found a jar full of frog skins in alcohol, I was in big trouble again. Then there were the animal bones and teeth in my closet. I seemed to always be in big trouble!

I love all of this! As much as people sometimes accuse me of being strange just to be strange I actually am always really happy to find people similar to me. And you live just south a bit of me somewhere, perhaps collecting animal bits is a regional thing. I do know two other women locally, both NTs, who also collect animal bits and pieces. The frog skins is the best thing, what a great idea to collect those. And I had the maggot problem with a jar of crawdad bits, but just last year, as an adult, in my own home, so I was in no trouble and rather enjoyed it.

The frog skins reminded me of this.

I'd get them out regularly and line them up and look at them. Ahh those were the days. :)

I'd do this often also! :)

According to my wife, I collect collections...but, I have a few that get more attention:

So this! :)

I didn't think of the art supplies but I totally have a vast collection spaning much of the media. It's really come in helpful now with having a kid as we can do art day at little to no cost since I collected all the media throughout my 20s.

Oh and beanie babies I totally forgot. I had to sell off much of them and gave many away. I had like 4 totes just cramped with them. Now I only collect the cats a a few other favorite animals, special editions.

Also I collect Garfield, books, plushies, mugs; when they find themselves my way via Goodwill or flea markets. Had to give my mom a chunk of that plushie collection since it was taking up too much room also. Going to keep all the Sunday comics Garfield collection books forever though! Will be passed down one day. :3

I love how we're all such nerds for the things we love!

Language learning textbooks and books in foreign languages! I also collect books in general, but for some reason I don't consider it to be a real "collection." My language learning stuff, though, are things I'm very proud of. It's even funnier because I love learning languages (I speak French and Spanish, I can read Italian, some Dutch, and very little Japanese, and I'm learning Polish), but I don't use textbooks too much. I like learning through immersion (reading and listening) and using a flashcard app called Anki. I still love them, though. And my collection means I own many, many books I can't actually read :D

New Threads

Top Bottom