• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
Finished reorganizing my bookshelf. These are all nonfiction.

9B766470-A426-4D31-99EF-8297857AD2F6.jpeg
44168C61-3C6E-463E-9155-B83F38794DB4.jpeg

Thats a very nice organised bookshelf. I should organize my bookshelves too. There kind of a mess but i dont really have any motivation to do it. Mainly because i have a lot of books in diffrent shelfes and if i do one i have to do all of them.

_20220427_163620.JPG
I collect a lot of random stuff.
Like this old glass container thing i think looks a bit like a alien frog which i use to store ohter wierd stuff i collected

My pre-teen girl bedroom. Lol

That is a pumpkin spice latte plush, not a cigarette.

2A305728-79B2-4B1B-AC41-FC7875EFE6B1.jpeg

20220426_161732.jpg
20210506_203256.jpg

Potato Cat is lending his presence to a few things I collect. Folklore with unique art styles. e.g. tarot sets, story collections, graphic novels, picture books. Georgette Heyer books and other Regencies. (With the exception of those four Harry Potters, the two shelves behind Potato (top) are exclusively Regencies). Harry Potter books. Doctor Who. Old silhouettes. Geeky lego sets. Pusheen Pops...

And my nonfiction bookcase...it's sorted by subject then by size. I could do alphabetical by author but I cannot stand the humpty-bumpty camels and long necked geese.

Last edited:
When I was younger I collected fairy figures, I had a mild obsession with a specific theme park ride that sold them in their giftshop. I also really liked plushies, used to have my bed full with them and even now have a stuffed rabbit tucked next to my pillow.

Nowadays I don't collect much, if anything I collect achievements while gaming. I'm not quite sure how that fits in exactly, but I do know I'm more enthusiastic about those than most other players.

Add: oh and everything related to Kermit the Frog is something that draws my attention. I'm just not really keen on spending money on decorative things so I don't really collect that myself, my friends get me those :).

I finally good around to organizing my own bookselfes and i love how pretty this one looks now. :) I also found out i have definitely way to many books. The painting on the top shelf i didd myself
IMG_20220505_131500.jpg

Quite often, when I'm in a natural setting, away from pollution, I will collect herbs I find, that I know are useful for medicine. I'd say, at least in my bioregion, that most of the weeds are useful for one thing or another.

Pretty much everything I look at has a use, with a few very dangerous, or just itchy exceptions.

Just yesterday evening I was going down a trail and as I saw each plant, I was thinking to myself, "Dandelion and dock- liver, chickweed- tonsils, miner's lettuce- detox, and tasty, nipplewort- good eatin'. Ooh! I know that just over that ridge is a grove of hawthorn trees. They're good for the heart, and for anxiety." etc.

And sometimes I'll have a few old grocery bags with me, to collect a small sample of what I find. Last night I didn't. So I just snacked on leaves, here and there, like a bunny rabbit.

I also collect yarn, fabric, beading supplies, needles, etc. I like creating things during the cool of the year. Last winter I didn't do a lot. It was a very hectic time. But as I settle into my new home, I look forward to the fiber arts once more.

Baking supplies too! Not necessarily fancy pans or anything, but I like to always have all the ingredients. Like yeast, flour, sugar, molasses, butter etc. Once we get all unpacked, I want to make a Challah and some other breads that I enjoy baking, like bagels, English muffins, soft pretzels, etc.

I also collect canning jars and equipment. That's another activity I really enjoy and hope to do more often at my new home.

I collect sneakers/trainers, which makes no sense even to myself as I don't go out that much to even wear them.

I have started collecting books though, and I guess when I was into painting I'd like to collect different shades of each colour, just incase i ever needed it.

I used to collect books but since I downloaded the Kindle app on my phone, all my books are digital. It took a little getting used to because I missed the feeling of having a book in my hands. I do enjoy the convenience of having a book on my phone available wherever I go now plus the ability to either buy a book or check out a library book whenever I want wherever I am at the time.

I just bought a really interesting music box for my collection. It is a copper sculpture of what appears to be a jester using a spinning wheel and it plays the song Spinning Wheel and the wind up key is the spindle. I’ve seen several types of musical sculptures from churches to a battle cannon but I’ve never seen one like this before. It is wider than most music boxes of this category but it was worth it.

lately, to my considerable displeasure, i've been collecting mono versions of CDs that i was assured were supposed to be in stereo. :(

I collect feathers. And i really should stop, i dont know where to put then anymore. 4 vases i filled allready up and i framed some i really like.

Attachments

• _20220610_150545.JPG
    _20220610_150545.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 43

New Threads

Top Bottom