• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
I collect the main Lego Mario sets and Harry Potter with a couple of the 3 in 1 Creator sets that have buildings. With Harry Potter, I’m focusing on the sets that can be connected with other sets to form the Castle and the Classroom Books with a few sets that have other characters and things found on the Hogwarts Grounds and the Privet Drive set. With Lego Mario, I mainly need to get all of the sets released in January to get caught up. I’m planning on eventually displaying my Hogwarts Castle sets with a few of the Lego Mario characters randomly placed inside the Castle with the Goomba looking up in surprise wearing the Sorting Hat as it is figuring out which House it belongs in.
According to Brickset, I have 7 sets from the Harry Potter range (all from the first year of release), but I'm certain I have more from the following 1 or 2 years - Now I just need to find them to update the collection, along with all the other sets I haven't put in there... My step-father, on the other hand, has quite a few of the modern sets, both ones to build a large Hogwarts castle, as well as external sets like Diagon Alley.

I haven't gone into the Mario sets (I've been in a bit of a "dark age" with the Lego collection), I'm currently focussed more on the Cobi models instead and only buying Lego sets that have interesting designs\themes - mainly construction style vehicles (either Technic or minifig scale) or sets that remind me of my childhood sets (castle, Pirates, and the occasional town or space set)... There's also the unfortunate detail that "she who must be obeyed" seems to think my collection is too big and takes up too much space, which limits the opportunities to add to it.

My next set to build is one I got for my birthday a few weeks ago (it will probably be displayed as the intact ship, rather than the "shipwreck" featured on the front of the box):
LEGO-Ideas-Pirates-of-Barracuda-Bay-21322-1024x967.jpg

I have a lego set in my dollhouse collection. Its a pretty yellow kitchen from 1980 that i found in a triftstore for children clothing and toys. I dont know where its currently so sadly cant show it.

I have a lego set in my dollhouse collection. Its a pretty yellow kitchen from 1980 that i found in a triftstore for children clothing and toys. I dont know where its currently so sadly cant show it.
I use [Megabloks] for scale furniture, too.
Lego Sofa (w/Nichelle & Mike)
full

I collect old coins, and I'm trying to get every single kind of wheat penny out there at the moment. I also collect vintage dresses, which I hardly get the chance to wear, which is unfortunate. That's about it, really.

I collect old coins, and I'm trying to get every single kind of wheat penny out there at the moment. I also collect vintage dresses, which I hardly get the chance to wear, which is unfortunate. That's about it, really.

That's pretty cool. I had some old coins--a couple neat old silver dollars & that sort of thing, nothing over valuable-- & a 1930 Royal portable typewriter in my car one night when it got broken into. Believe it or not, nobody stole anything, and they just ran off. My brother came to the door with a blacksmithing hammer which they mistook for a pistol, and they fled yelling "get down, get down, he gonna shoot!" It wasn't a gun at all, but it all looks the same in the dark. Their loot? An empty bottle of aspirin tablets.

Worst. Loot. Ever.

Maps.
Mostly road maps, but a lot of topos and atlases. I started with the road maps in the 1960s when they were freely given out. Not sure how many, maybe 1500-2000?

Weird cars.
A bunch of captive import cars from the 1970s, and a huge stash of unobtanium repair parts for them.

Probably should get rid of them.

A couple of my drums (Frame drum, and Cajon/box drum) and also my accordion. Featuring my dog. Lol

85E374BC-F35D-4822-8C16-D8C16B38B2B7.jpeg
9022D0B4-133B-415F-B180-AE15EA751D9B.jpeg
E5092E52-88C0-41EB-AAF0-4C58C77F665A.jpeg
F8CC9895-E601-4D0E-8883-931C1D77E12F.jpeg

I also have two drum kits- a full kit, and a kick/snare/hat.
And a sopilka.
(Not pictured)

Another thing I collect is bags… I posted some pictures of purses last night and that reminded me.
They’re technically fanny packs but I use them as handbags/shoulder bags.
The two in the second picture are my favorites. Sorry for the bad quality images.
View attachment 74317 View attachment 74318
Maybe edit fanny packs to include the term bum bags, fanny is a term for the outer and slightly inner female genitalia

Maybe edit fanny packs to include the term bum bags, fanny is a term for the outer and slightly inner female genitalia
I did know that but I forgot!!
That’s what bum bags are called in the US. Pretty unfortunate lol.
I usually just refer to them as crossbody bags.

I did know that but I forgot!!
That’s what bum bags are called in the US. Pretty unfortunate lol.
I usually just refer to them as crossbody bags.
Crossbody bags in the UK can be strapped from the head to below the hip can't do that with a bum bag,I only have a skin coloured security bum bag

I collect these. Some of my collection.

Pickachu

terrible-knock-off-p-17.jpg

Sonic

s-l400.jpg

Psyduck

tumblr_nkia3yDM5Z1qm348ao1_500.jpg

Magikarp
terrible-knock-off-p-10.jpg

Red sonic
s-l640.jpg

I believe you can find beauty in the strange and unusual.

Winston
terrible-knock-off-p-15.jpg

Bart Simpons

ff70d4e0bfca80167792f7f52b5bc61a.jpg

Luigi
DSCI0030.JPG

And a personal favorite, Mr T. Rex.

f116867ce919c4a60c0270c8ae195aec.jpg

With attachable rocket launchers, and Uzi 9mm.

My other drums. I have a variety of percussive instruments but these are the more typical/modern ones. All the other instruments I have are traditional or ethnic instruments.

IMG_E6804.JPG

IMG_E2821.JPG

I mentioned my Sopilka too. It is a traditional instrument used in Ukrainian and Polish ethnic music that is kind of similar to a flute. Personally, I think it has a nicer sound than a modern flute.
I have no idea where my interest in Eastern European culture and Nordic culture came from. I'm mostly Latin American and Portuguese.
My closest friends irl are from Poland and Ukraine though so I've kind of been "adopted" into their culture.
Which is why I also have an accordion, that one of them gave me.

Fun fact: I can't read sheet music, so I learn to play instruments by ear. I'm mostly self-taught on several different instruments. Don't know if that counts as a savant skill?

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

This thing is almost as big as me and I think it weighs about 20 pounds. My friend is holding it in this picture, not me. And he's a lot taller than me, I'm about 4'11" so you get the idea. Lol
IMG_E3777.JPG

@crewlucaa_ "I'm mostly self-taught on several different instruments. Don't know if that counts as a savant skill?"
its neurodiverse ,my mothers mother was the same was neurodiverse

This is Chalice. He’s the newest friend I added to my collection of antique Pointer art.
He’s named after my dog’s cousin.

0799A955-EBAD-4059-AC55-2614845C392A.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom