• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
First of all, Questella, I love your pic! I have a Fluttershy snap bracelet that I wear constantly! Although, I'm a die-hard Luna fan. On that note, I have recently taken to collecting those little mystery bag MLP figurines. I get one for every important occasion, like my sister's senior recital or her graduation. I also like to collect fantasy horse and fairy figurines and artwork. I am a complete fantasy nut! Pretty soon I'm going to need a special cabinet or something to hold all of my ceramics and such.

Toys and books. Though the toys sometimes have their "unique" personalities and they go through character arcs. Bert, a gingerbread stress toy, went through a depressing charcter arc. He died (I lost him) but was brought him back to life. (I bought a new Bert)

I collect card games like mtg. Have like fifty thousand and it is super hard to organize rather stressful at times, used to enjoy collecting them.

My main hobbies are collecting silver and gold coins and board games. Although I don't know what my ultimate goal is... I need to find one for these, or I feel like I have no reason to do it.

Currently:
European plastic toy soldiers from 1960's & 1970's. Mostly from Britain. Like this:
swop.jpg

Lion King Collectible Cards and Stickers from all over the world. Have about 12 binders full so far. Like these that came in packages of Chiclets gum in Brazil.
o-rei-leo-coleco-figurinha-ping-pong-simba-mufasa-scar-11171-MLB20039897252_012014-O.jpg

I have a large collection of video games. Last time I checked I had 400 games but that was a few years ago. I've bought several games since. Another thing I have been collecting is stuffed animals. I have several different types of animals including bears, dogs, cats, bugs, and several other stuffed animals. A couple of the large bears are half my size. I think I have around 300 of those little guys. I still have a collection of rubber balls I had as a child.

My kid has a very extensive collection of bottle caps, all from me though (no that's a lie, I got the bartender and the club to save a ton from the bar for me too of ones I would never drink, Bud light, Miller light, and other cheapo bar beers), I on many occasions let him pick out new beers for me to try so he could have the caps. I like trying new beers, always having the same one and it always ends up nasty, and some have very cool caps. He really likes the ones with the bikes and the stars. I can't wait for next year, I want to go to the big, big grocery and I'll let him pick some expensive craft beers for me to try.

I've been considering making checkers games from the bottle caps. Maybe I could sell them on Etsy, I just need to find a good base for the cap so they don't scratch the board.

Awesome! I was totally worried they had a max amount you could have and I would have to figure out which ones to delete at some point. :3 :3 :3
I was like this with the original Pokemon card sets, I still have every single Base, Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket and Gym Leader card. But after that it became so excessive and expensive I had to stop myself. I don't even know how many different expansions they have now. Too many for sure. At least they're keeping it alive.
Fill them with hot glue.

When I was a kid I collected as many metal spice cans as I could get my folks to buy. And every color inkpen I could find. Also keys and locks, HO scale train stuff, Legos. I still have my Legos.

During my teenage heartthrob phase, I collected anything to do with the group Wilson Phillips. I still have a lot of it packed away somewhere. Also anything to do with 90-93 GM APV minivans, and 73-78 GMC motorhomes.

Later on I started collecting music. I've got about 800 cassette tapes and a few hundred CDs.

If I had money and space, I'd collect vintage music gear such as bass guitars, keyboards, synths, and organs.

Nan, do you think it will benefit if i start?

Used to collect empty cigarette packs when i was child then empty aluminum bottles, but it never got further than that.

When I was a kid I collected as many metal spice cans as I could get my folks to buy. And every color inkpen I could find. Also keys and locks, HO scale train stuff, Legos. I still have my Legos.

During my teenage heartthrob phase, I collected anything to do with the group Wilson Phillips. I still have a lot of it packed away somewhere. Also anything to do with 90-93 GM APV minivans, and 73-78 GMC motorhomes.

Later on I started collecting music. I've got about 800 cassette tapes and a few hundred CDs.

If I had money and space, I'd collect vintage music gear such as bass guitars, keyboards, synths, and organs.
I collect tools for virtually every discipline, knowledge in the form of books, E books, articles etc., computing devices, accessories, parts, and software particularly for forensics, pen testing, anonymization and specialty operating systems. I had an entire room full of books like in the movies (my library) when I was in my teens. I am also deeply interested in primitive survival.

I used to collect beer bottle tops. I was obsessed with collecting them and even took loads of walks and trips to bottle shops and prowled around the car parks (probably looking very suspicious to onlookers) looking for more to add to my collection :)

i dont have physical collections but in my mind i have a movie collection every time i see a movie i add it to this library in my mind

I collect books! Especially old books! But very specific ones- they have to be about an animal! Think like Watership Down or Jack London's the Call of the Wild. The kind of animal doesn't really matter; i have books about moles, bees, wolves, dogs, mammoths, dragons, unicorns, and griffins with genres ranging between natural history and hardcore fantasy. My favourite ones are the weirdest and most wonderful! But I have a special soft spot for the old ones with wonderful nature illustrations. We have a one-bedroom flat with a large living room and the entire back wall makes up my book collection!

I also collect rocks and fossils! My fossil collection is rather small but my favourite specimens are an ichthyosaur vertebra and a cave bear tooth. My rock collection is mostly opals and labradorite that glisten in all sorts of colours. In my favourite opal you can see a whole neon rainbow! My fiance and I are working to try and turn it into our wedding rings but I'm not sure if I want to part with it just yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom