• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you collect?

?

• Toys

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Books

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • Games

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Nature

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • other

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Clothes

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
i collect unabridged dictionaries. i didn't mean to, but it just kinda happened. they tend to be rather heavy. i have 12, and a 1957 webster's new twentieth century second edition on the way. the definitions are more robust in older dictionaries.

i collect unabridged dictionaries. i didn't mean to, but it just kinda happened. they tend to be rather heavy. i have 12, and a 1957 webster's new twentieth century second edition on the way. the definitions are more robust in older dictionaries.
I liked those in the library for their detailed etymologies.
full

I'm not really collecting anything, except if my succulents count (crassula and echeveria are my current favourite).

My friend, who wants to become a preschool teacher, collects children's books and materials for her work. She already has several boxes full of it. I think, it's absolutely beautiful! We have an old telephone cell in my town where people can put their old books, so everytime we're in the city we go there and look for new children's books.

I don't really collect, but I do like collecting collections such as books on a particular subject. or cd's on a type of music, 50's and 60' s rock music. DVD's on mathematics and science.

Ok, I see. :) But one more thing, people put books in a telephone box..? Is it some kind of system where people leave books there and you can just take books if you want them?

That's exactly what it is! You leave your old books there that you don't want anymore and other people can take them. That way, you don't have to throw them away and other people can get nice books for free. The best thing is that, due to the constant exchange, there are new books in there every day.

Whe have a thing like this where i live and once i got a signed version of a book. For free. And the book is great too.

I got lots of books I tried getting rid of too esoteric nobody wanted them.

weird , I can sort of read , German , Dutch French, probably from cumpulsive reading. Not a language person, same when a person speaks it.

I used to collect physical media DVD's, video games). I mostly collect digital items now. Kind of sad really.

I homebrew so I am always on the look out for a new brewing item or gizmo to add to my collection.

I finally got enough of the new old furniture clean to decorate my OKWA dollhouse wiht it. Some of the things arent new but from my collection.

Attachments

• _20220218_131015.JPG
    _20220218_131015.JPG
    572.1 KB · Views: 69
My music box collection keeps on growing! I recently bought this wooden one shaped like an old style radio with the knobs and one moves the dial indicator from side to side and another turns it on and off. The song it plays is As Time Goes by. I also recently learned that clock oil will help the movements play their songs normally again if they seem to be stuck or play too slowly. I just need to figure out where I can get some in my area.

My collections have been varied over the years and are generally based on my obsession at the time.

For example.

I got into cycling again about 8 years ago and went rapidly from buying my first bike to buying another 8. As for cycle clothing, that takes up much more space that I care to admit.

Following an injury that laid me up for 12 weeks I bought almost 60 watches in that time. It started with low cost ones and cumulative in a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and a Patek Philippe Calatrava!

More recently I got interested in older sports tracking, GPS, watches and bought 8 in the last week!

I've got a small Lego collection (Brickset says just over 1800 sets, but I need to update my collection there), and over the past few years have migrated into Cobi models as well, as they combine the fun of building "Lego" type models with armored vehicles (mainly WW2 ones) which is a theme that Lego will never touch.

The problem (other than the cost - Cobi isn't available in our country, so those models need to be ordered online) is that the models take a bit of space, and I feel sad whenever I am forced to "retire" a model to storage to make way for a different\newer model.

I've got a small Lego collection (Brickset says just over 1800 sets, but I need to update my collection there), and over the past few years have migrated into Cobi models as well, as they combine the fun of building "Lego" type models with armored vehicles (mainly WW2 ones) which is a theme that Lego will never touch.

The problem (other than the cost - Cobi isn't available in our country, so those models need to be ordered online) is that the models take a bit of space, and I feel sad whenever I am forced to "retire" a model to storage to make way for a different\newer model.
I collect the main Lego Mario sets and Harry Potter with a couple of the 3 in 1 Creator sets that have buildings. With Harry Potter, I’m focusing on the sets that can be connected with other sets to form the Castle and the Classroom Books with a few sets that have other characters and things found on the Hogwarts Grounds and the Privet Drive set. With Lego Mario, I mainly need to get all of the sets released in January to get caught up. I’m planning on eventually displaying my Hogwarts Castle sets with a few of the Lego Mario characters randomly placed inside the Castle with the Goomba looking up in surprise wearing the Sorting Hat as it is figuring out which House it belongs in.

New Threads

Top Bottom