• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

I've actually decided to take a step back from my fanfiction writing obsession and turn my obsessive energies completely to my manuscript, Armageddon's Clock. It's an alternate-history novel set during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, and I call it "alternate-history" because it combines two of the penultimate events of the early 1960's--The Crisis itself, and the assassination of JFK, which in reality didn't occur until a year later. In my manuscript, Lee Harvey Oswald at first decides to murder the President on his own, after hearing of the quarantine of Cuba, but Premier Khrushchev decides to make Kennedy's murder an official Soviet government mission.

This act, along with the shoot-down of Major Rudolf Anderson's U-2 during a reconnaissance mission over Cuba, provide the Joint Chiefs with the impetus they need to basically stage a coup d'?tat of sorts, and assume control of the government, rendering LBJ a figurehead at best. I figure this tact will give the conspiracy theorists something to chew on, as I'm also including the infamous "grassy knoll shooter" that is so much a part of conspiracy theories. :)

So far, I'm up to Chap. 20, with the President having just arrived in Dallas for his date with destiny. It's too bad I won't have this published in time for the 50th anniversary of JFK's murder next month, but hopefully, it'll be out sometime next year. (Crossing fingers and toes.) :)

I don't actually own any of their albums at the moment, but they are all on spotify. I always prefer to have music on vinyl so i'm looking for the old LPs.

It's cool that you got to see them (i presume it was the 50th anniversary reunion?). I'm not sure if they played any shows in the UK, but i didn't really start paying attention to them until i saw one of the 50th anniversary shows in full on TV earlier this year (followed by the knebworth show from 1980), after the tour had finished, so i would've missed it anyway. I'm hoping to see Brian Wilson on his current tour with Jeff Beck though :D

They did a show at Bonnaroo last year. I had never been really familiar with their stuff but I had a really great spot. They are definitely showing their age--they seemed to have a hard time keeping up their vocal stamina, and Brian Wilson practically had to be propped up--but it was great fun and I loved it.

They did a show at Bonnaroo last year. I had never been really familiar with their stuff but I had a really great spot. They are definitely showing their age--they seemed to have a hard time keeping up their vocal stamina, and Brian Wilson practically had to be propped up--but it was great fun and I loved it.

That sounds like what i remember from seeing them on TV. I remember seeing that Brian Wilson sat behind a white grand piano with a computer screen on top of it which i assume was either to provide sheet music or lyrics or both. They did sound like they were all getting short of breath a lot of the time, but they had a lot of extra musicians to back them up.

According to wikipedia they did two shows in London - one at wembley arena, another at the royal albert hall.

I think what i like about the Beach Boys is, on the surface their songs seem like simplistic pop songs, but there's actually a lot of hidden complexity that you only really notice when you really analyze them. For example, when you isolate the vocals to California Girls, once you get to the chorus, the arrangement of vocals can stand alone very well:

(Needless to say, i listened to this 4 times before actually posting it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
World War II

I've been reading books, watching series, movies, playing games and reading articles about it. Can't stop thinking about it in my whole spare time lately...
Don't know what my mind expect with this, but at least I've learned a lot of History stuff :)

World War II

I've been reading books, watching series, movies, playing games and reading articles about it. Can't stop thinking about it in my whole spare time lately...
Don't know what my mind expect with this, but at least I've learned a lot of History stuff :)

Me too. So much of an obsession to me I majored in totalitarian systems. ;)

Of course it helped growing up in a Navy family. My father graduated a year early from the Naval Academy because of the war.

Last edited:
I guess... the fact that I've watched about 30 episodes of the old 1980's Transformers cartoon in about a day is a rough indication, lol

I guess... the fact that I've watched about 30 episodes of the old 1980's Transformers cartoon in about a day is a rough indication, lol

Oh, great! Now, thanks to reading that, I've got that song in my head!

Transformers...more than meets the eye! Transformers! Robots in Disguise! Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons!

Yes, I'm showing serious geek here! :)

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (or MXC)

I found recently that there's a channel on YouTube with every single episode of this show (the only show I'd watch on Spike! haha). I've been watching a couple of them a day. :laugh:

Right now it's criminology.... It's been an obsession since March of this year. It was put on a hiatus when I became obsessed with Batman and I played the games all day and read/wrote fanfiction of it. It's calmed down a bit since I've read every interesting Batman fanfiction (and need to buy some comics of it) so I've picked up criminology again. I'm obsessed with the idea of being a Forensic pathologist so I've been studying everything related to that.
I get obsessive about halloween. It's always an obsession, my room is constantly halloweentown, but when the time of the year starts coming by I get really excited and try to fill my day with as many halloween related things as possible. This time of the year I also study witchcraft.
I'm getting obsessed with American Horror Story: Coven

"I guess... the fact that I've watched about 30 episodes of the old 1980's Transformers cartoon in about a day is a rough indication, lol"

All right, Astrotrain! 1st gen Transformers is one of my permanent obsessions. Since the '80's anyway. I still have a lot of the toys, comic books, and other books from back then. I have one of the songs from the original animated movie on my MP3 player.

Maps. Preferably published by National Geographic.

Been obsessed with them since I was a kid. Love them...have to look at them at least once a day.

As the screen name implies, I've loved movies since I was a kid, but there's so much crap being released now I hardly watch anything. I go to the movies less than eight times a year on average, whereas I'd attend at least every two weeks as a child.

Vietnam:

"Red Rover, this is quiet Rover 1...in a thread on Autism...our Echo Tango element will play ball with Sky Devil Delta...request resupply...over"

"Quite Rover 1, this is Red Rover, resupply on hill 648. What's happening to you? wtf are you doing? Move it, get in the Valley...wtf do you think you are down there for? over"

I'm obsessed with music playlists, gathering everything article I see on the internet on Evernote (it used to be Springpad), fashion, color, 50s culture, statistics and surveys, news, tech news, movie trailers, app/website testing and discovering - I can't even list them all here.

Right now it's criminology.... It's been an obsession since March of this year. It was put on a hiatus when I became obsessed with Batman and I played the games all day and read/wrote fanfiction of it. It's calmed down a bit since I've read every interesting Batman fanfiction (and need to buy some comics of it) so I've picked up criminology again.

I've been on a bit of a crimonology kick myself lately!

Batman is one of my many permanent obsessions, along with comics in general, cartoons, literature, and video games. I'd make a specific list of all my obsessions, but it'd probably break the thread or something. Anyone who wants more details is welcome to PM me. :)

Since you said you've played the games, I assume you mean the most recent ones. Batman: Arkham Origins is coming Friday! To say I'm excited would be an understatement. :bounce:

You also said you've read and written Batman fanfiction! Same here! I'm still working on my first Batfic. It's been an ongoing project for three years or something now because college and depression always got in the way. Now that I've graduated, I have more time to work on it. I just wish I could stop being depressed so I'd have more energy to write.

Have you read anything by princessebee? She's written some of the best Batfic out there (IMO), particularly about The Joker and Harley Quinn, and one day I hope to tell her how awesome I think she is. Right now I'm still too chicken, though.

2009 to 2013: my obsession has been English hermetic kabbalah, wilderness hiking, and survivalism.
this year I became obsessed with my workplace... don't become obsessed with your workplace (spoiler: bad things happen)!

My obsessions are.

Police cars.
Computers. I can be on them all day.
Xbox 360 (especially GTA 5) I stay awake all day and night doing the missions. Then when finished with the whole game. I restart the game again.
Rocks. I pick up rocks that I like.
Science and chemistry. My number one subject. I like experimenting with things.

Obsessions? Yes thank you, I'll have a few. lol. My first obsession was for books....Dr. Seuss books. I have never lost the obsessive need to read. I go nowhere without a book, and usually have two or three on the go at any given time. I am also an information junkie. I spend hours online researching everything I can find on my current topic of interest. Then there were the food obsessions. I went through a period a couple of years ago when I turned yellow from eating carrots! Lately it's been Multi-grain Cheerios. It's too bad I don't have a cleaning obsession. That would be really helpful!

:help:

New Threads

Top Bottom