• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

Right now I fancy the idea of learning Norwegian and Icelandic. One at a time. Maybe. I can't decide :smile:

Akkurat (Right) nå (now) liker (fancy) jeg (I) ideen (the Idea) av å (of) lære (learning) Norsk og (and) Islandskt. En (One) på (at) en (a) gang (time). Kanskje (Maybe). Jeg (I) kan (can) ikke (not) bestemme (decide) meg (myself).

Akkurat nå liker jeg ideen av å lære meg Norsk og Islandskt. En om gangen. Kanskje. Jeg får ikke bestemt meg.

**Past Simple
I liked. Jeg Likte
**Present Simple
I like. Jeg Liker
**Future Simple
I will Like. Jeg vil Like.

«Jeg vil like dansing en gang i fremtiden» → «I will like dancing one time in the future»

It is called, *bestemt form* in Norwegian. (Not just any object, *The* object):
«[The] Idea» → «Ide[en]»
«[The] Chair» → «Stol[en]»

Opposite is, *Ubestemt form*.
«An Idea» → «En Ide»
«A Chair» → «En Stol»

So you basically just append an *en* to the noun when referring to a previously mentioned noun.
You prepend an *en* when the noun is just any instance of that noun.

Though, I must admit I am not even good at Norwegian grammar. Even though it's my native language. But maybe this gives you an idea, if you don't already know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Writing and creating a software to create music with
* Creating not-complete songs, but riffs or rather small patterns of tones in harmony using the guitar. I will use them later when (if) I have finished my software to form complete songs
* Most recent obsession I had involved learning to use Linux entirely from the keyboard; I can no longer stand clicking on things. I just tell my computer, DO THIS!
* Also a recent one, Open Source. I no longer use any proprietary software on my private computer

Whenever I am really fascinated or drawn to a tv-show, I sit until I drop. I get so tired that I never do not forget all of the character's names. Which is terrible, and I look as if I've never seen the show when telling what it's about

I am developing interest in Politics and Injustice and Corruption and History, but they are by no means being pursued yet. Also I wish to refine my English grammar, English is a second language of mine.

My latest compilation that I've created.

Bands and artists as wide a range as possible haha.

Winds Of Plague (Symphonic Deathcore)
Troye Sivan (Singer song writer)
Katy Perry (Pop)
Pvris (Alternative)
Unearth (Metalcore)
2Pac (HipHop)
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Ska Punk)
Jonny Craig (Singer song writer)
Amon Amarth (Viking / Swedish Death Metal)
Madball (New York Hardcore)
Unwritten Law (Pop Punk)
Tool (Alternative / Metal)
Taylor Swift (Pop)
Testament (Thrash / Metal)
Kyle Lucas (HipHop)

And so much more

I have several BIG interests but my most recent one, and the one that's currently foremost in my mind, is the character Ben from the 2003 Michael Haneke movie "Le Temps Du Loup" (Time Of The Wolf). Ben barely speaks during the course of the movie, he observes everything but mostly remains involved. Near the end of the movie, he makes an almost Christ like attempt to sacrifice his own life in the belief that it will somehow "save" humanity. I was very impressed by the acting of Lucas Biscombe, who played the role of Ben but it's Ben (the character) who I'm obsessed with, not Lucas the actor. I've owned the DVD for a little over two years and I'd watched the movie twice previously, I enjoyed it but no more than that. However when I watched it again, a little over a month ago, something clicked inside my head and I became intrigued by the enigmatic nature and symbolism of Ben. Since then I've bought 3 posters for the movie, 2 movie programs and several different regional releases of the DVD.

TqUE5k1.jpg

I have an obsession with masks, especially menacing ones. For instance, check out bands like Slipknot and Mushroomhead and Hollywood Undead. Sometimes, when I draw things, I like to draw masks on people (or just leave a blank face). I've gotten in trouble for wearing a mask someplace I shouldn't have and sometimes I like to just walk around my house with a mask on. I also like gloves a lot. Sometimes, people get suspicious and ask if I'm a former criminal or something along those lines. I really only sort of half-understand why people seem to dislike masks so much. I, personally, love them.

I also really like to know about people. I watch people a lot, remember names well, and watch certain people especially often compared to others. Multiple people have been surprised when I call them by their full name - first and last - even though we've never talked before. I know that people don't like being watched like that, so I try not to be too obvious and generally keep it not too creepy, but...

Last edited:
Criminology, serial killers in particular.
Second World War and the Holocaust.
Medical procedures, mostly ER medicine.
Paranormal events in general (ghosts, UFOs, etc).
Stuffed animals!!!
Certain celebrities, TV shows or films. I have current obsessions with these but since they change every few years I figured I would leave it vague. :tonguewink:

Primary interests:

Asian ball-jointed dolls (BJDs) and other articulated dolls (such as Obitsu, Dollfie Dream, and Azone)

Loom knitting

Secondary interests:

Various fictional characters

Cats (as a pet, not the musical)

I'm new to the forum; still considering my options, thinking about getting a formal diagnosis; maybe, I'm still not sure if I have Asperger, I've taken the online test and they all say I do but you know how that goes.... I do have obsessions, so many obsessions. Here are a few;

-Cameras, especially film cameras. I love how they feel and look. I have over 20. Street photography is so much fun, I'd be happy to do it everyday till I die.
-Woodworking, I love building things; especially the planning. I really enjoy being alone building something.
-Painting and art; life long obsession. I can paint for hours. Sometimes I take breaks that can be days or weeks, but I always go back.
-Politics; although it leads to long rants and to much thinking, plus arguments and anger. So I stay away from triggers.
-I'm currently building a Robot; I had fantasies of doing it for a while, and I think my various skills and talents lend well to it. I've started collecting the things I'll need to complete this task.
-I love getting things together, like materials and components for my various projects.
-Hydroponics and plants; I have so many plants. I love growing them and taking care of them. I put together a hydroponic system using a bunch of old wood and PVC pipes.
-I'm trying to write a graphic novel; although its slow going and gets me frustrated on how behind I am on this project.
-I'm building a website for my art; also upsetting how little progress I've made.
-Survival gear and learning about the wilderness survival; this one is strange but I have a lot of information on this subject. I collect videos, books, knowledge, and equipment.
-Computers and technology; building and fixing them.

I have a lot of interests, Its kind of overwhelming for my family sometimes; But I have to do these things or I go nuts and feel down. Sometimes they are intense obsessions and take over my thoughts, I've called off work just to finish something; I just can't leave it uncompleted and alone. Sometimes they fizzle away only to return later with a vengeance.

Last edited:
Hey I love film cameras too. I actually know how to operate them. It is kind of cool. Electronics and technology and Autism/AS are also things I research a lot as well.

Homestuck (especially the Troll race)

Psychology

Cats

Japanese culture (hence my avatar and Custom Title)

-The Irish Language (Irish Gaelic).
-Anything to do with language, dialects, accents, etc, in general.
-History. Recently I've been focusing on the Austrian/Austro-Hungarian Empire.

That's great - please take pictures if they're successful?
How super satisfying if you end up eating your fractals for dinner. :) I wish I could grow broccoli here, but it's too hot and dry in summer (sw Montana). I've only recently moved here so it will be next year that the garden does better. I'm adding compost, growing a few tomatoes and carrots and beets, and will continue digging in "green manure" in the form of lawn cuttings and weeds I've pulled.
Fractals was one of the ways I got my son interested in math. :D

Hi kestrel!

I remembered your invitation for some pictures.

I did get some success but not completely as the heads are small. However the fractal pattern is clearly seen and I feel grateful to have the results I do have. The self-similar, repeating pattern is clearly seen with a careful, close look.

I have quite a few but it is tricky for me to move a JPEG file to this forum but this picture is one of the better ones. If you would like more pics please let me know.

You should be able to double-click on the image to get a larger one.

P1000515.JPG

Last edited:
Figuring out the best way to get to Lviv combining Air Miles, Aeroplan miles, and possibly cash fares. This is complex because it's a minimum of three flights (Winnipeg-Toronto-Vienna-Lviv at best).

New Threads

Top Bottom