• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

Climate classification systems. Or rather, how I can use them to make my own system. There are some ways I prefer Köppen's system, others Trewartha's. But neither of them separate the polar regions (other than all months below 10 but not all below 0 for tundra, and all below 0 for ice cap). What this means is you get places like these being in the same classification:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiksi#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushuaia#Climate

I don't agree with them being the same climate so I want to make my own system where they're separate. Or in other words - **** the system.

Saltwater coral reef aquariums. Building the tanks, the stands, hoods, filters, plumbing, lights, wave makers, and auto top of systems. And of course, keeping reef fish, corals, and invertebrates alive and health.
80's,90's,and 2000's pioneer and Kenwood stereo systems. Buy them cheap, repair, and keep what I like and sell the rest.
Customizing my motorcycle. Build my own Handel bars and redoing the whole front of the bike.
Collecting movies and shows to feed the media server I built.
Building high tech potato cannons.
Star wars
Skunks
Skulls
Black leather.

I've found maps mesmerising since I was a kid and would love to work in cartography, but never got the grades. I also find the quirkier aspects of my home city's history fascinating

I'm the resident golf nut here. I play in Special Olympics here in Kentucky. I'm obsessed with my swing, it haat to be PERFECT! The Game, the Rules, equipment, history, course design& construction, if it's related to golf, I'm all in!

Writing novels. I can't control much of the real world, but I can control the elements of the story. And since one can't interact with the characters, there are no awkward social situations to avoid.

Mine is learning about Autism and mental health. I read about and try to learn as much as I can about psychology and about all the mental health disorders. I need to learn about me so really read a lot about adults with high functioning autism

Cooking: from looking up recipes and flavor profiles to making up recipes, experimenting in the kitchen, and creating flavor combinations (coconut and dried basil go quite well together).

Nutrition: from western ideas to ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine. I'm also very interested in gut microbia, basically all things related to the effect of food on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.

Old timey radio shows: I like the scary ones :)

and tv, a lifelong one.

Getting back in shape.
I could run once, but my last run was for an hour in March 2012. Now, due to some foot and leg problems, I can't run. Don't know if I ever will again.
I haven't cared about health or diet since that time, but about a month ago I finally got myself to start eating healthy, cutting back on portions, and exercising. I started going back to the little gym I go to. They got a new stationary bike, and an elliptical that I've been using. Those have been working out well in the place of running. The funny thing about those machines is they have built in programs, but nobody that goes there knows how to use them except for me because I took the time to find and study the manuals on line, and get a heart monitor that syncs with the machines to work the programs.
I'm down 7 pounds in a month. Down 35 would be my ultimate goal. 25 is probably a realistic goal.:)

image.jpeg

My pre-shot routine. Doing the same thing before every shot. I select the right club, & walk to my ball. I check the distance, (usually with a laser rangefinder) and examine my lie.
I may take a practice swing. I then step up to the ball,, feet together. I set my distance from the ball when I sole the club behind it. I set my stance at he proper width, with the ball in the correct spot for the shot, the longer the club, the farther forward in the stance the ball is. I then set my grip for draw, straight, or fade (my stock shot). Then I take the shot!

New Threads

Top Bottom