• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you?

Do you like even or odd numbers?

• Even numbers

• Odd numbers

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I’m gonna raddle some feathers here, but I love even numbers. I love each number to be an even and perfect amount. Odd numbers give me a headache. :dizzy:

I got to represent the odd numbers because I’m odd. Especially 9. 9 is my favorite number. I look for multiples of nine everywhere, get really excited when I see the number nine, and have the powers of nine up to 9^6 memorized.

I love 3, 7 and 11....when it comes to dates and numerology...so I guess I would be odd in that regard. But, when it comes to objects I see, I like symmetry..so maybe even and odd, depending on the circumstance. I also habitually count everything in the background of my mind...while walking (steps) looking through a bunch of the same objects (at the store) etc...and different numbers hold different meanings for me, especially when randomly looking at what time it is and what it adds up to. I sometimes make decisions that way for trivial matters..yes is if it adds up to even numbers and no is odd.

I have always been fascinated by numbers and how they figure into everything we do. Sometimes they are direct, sometimes they hide out in things we take for granted.

I found math lessons easy until I got into analytical geometry in college. That was way beyond anything I needed for my chosen career.

Forgive the digression! The thing is I like numbers both odd and even. I particularly like it when odd and even numbers are together in an interesting pattern. And then there is the pesky zero. It represents nil, nothing, and therefore can be neither odd nor even (at least that is the way I think of it). The rhythm of music consists of number sequences of both odd and even timing, so how could I pick a favorite from something so embedded in life's beats.

I prefer symmetry so I find even numbers more appealing. I also like powers of 8. That probably has something to do with my fondness for old computers etc :)

It depends. I tend to visualize things and the symmetry, the ascetic is very important. So sometimes it should be even and sometimes odd.

I’m with @MildredHubble , I love symmetrical things so I like even numbers better. But I’m terrible at math lol

I love asymmetrical markings on dogs, however. Most of Enzo’s siblings and first cousins have asymmetrical facial markings, the patch over just one eye is a common theme.

85C2A5C2-4683-4C9B-B410-27A296878892.jpeg

I also like powers of 8. That probably has something to do with my fondness for old computers etc :)
Powers of 2, for the same reason. There was a phone number on a poster in the waiting room at the hospital that consisted entirely of powers of two, depending on how you split up the digits of course.

Interesting question. I associate each number with a color, but for some reason I see odd numbers as being less outgoing. They remind me of the cool and quiet shade. Even numbers seem too social :D

I like both for different purposes.
  • There would be no computers without binary.*
  • With an odd-numbered array of objects (in a row), you are guaranteed that one will be in its exact center...
    full
*I discovered alternate number bases when I was 13. ;)

I`ll have to say odd. Because they can do something even numbers cannot do. When you put 2 odd numbers together you always get an even number. Even number cannot do this.

New Threads

Top Bottom