• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Post a Photo of Yourself Thread

It makes me a bit nervous to do this and frankly I'm not sure WHY I'm doing this (well, okay, I often dont know why I do things) but here:

dee8m1a-257a4c8b-7db5-40ed-9196-c43d48cb2f74.jpg

So... yeah.

As I've said, I'm really rather self-conscious about my appearance, considering the whole trans thing.

I'm hoping that, whenever I might post another such photo, I'll... you know, look more like a girl.

I can certainly see the feminine. You're good looking. Of course, it's often hard to quell the inner critic. I know mine picks apart how I look on a daily basis.

Ed

Of course, it's often hard to quell the inner critic.

Yeah, always had that issue. It sucks when that feeling comes up, yeah? Regardless of what it's currently targeting (I get it in relation to my art a lot). And it comes up even when it's utterly illogical.

I tell ya though, the gender dysphoria multiplies it. I wouldnt wish this feeling on my worst enemy.

Well, okay, I dont have a worst enemy. Definitely lacking in arch-nemesis candidates currently.

apparently no viruses as hackers are not familiar enough with-it to waste time screwing with it.
^^False propaganda.^^

It can not be hacked or virused.* That's the whole point of it.

*Caveat - that's provided you haven't interfered with default settings or enabled root permissions to networked software.

Last edited:
(despite my past beef with it, I think I have Ubuntu running smoothly on an old laptop now!)
It's not easy to get used to if you're very familiar with Windows, but it's definitely worth the effort. I love the stability, the only time it ever lets me down is when there's a hardware failure. And I haven't had to even consider viruses or spyware in over a decade. They are no longer relevant to my world.

It makes me a bit nervous to do this and frankly I'm not sure WHY I'm doing this (well, okay, I often dont know why I do things) but here:

View attachment 87438

So... yeah.

As I've said, I'm really rather self-conscious about my appearance, considering the whole trans thing.

I'm hoping that, whenever I might post another such photo, I'll... you know, look more like a girl.
I know this is a late respond but you remind me of the YouTuber TheLexiKitty in terms of appearance, only difference is her hair is ever so slightly longer and she wears glasses. She also works as a Reddit YouTuber on the collab YouTuber channel EmKay

I know this is a late respond but you remind me of the YouTuber TheLexiKitty in terms of appearance, only difference is her hair is ever so slightly longer and she wears glasses. She also works as a Reddit YouTuber on the collab YouTuber channel EmKay
I had to look up Lexi because I hadn't seen her before. She does somewhat resemble Sophie/Misery and they are both pretty!
@Misery I hope you are able to get more confident in your appearance because I really do think you look great.
I have come a long way with my self-confidence and I'm a lot less shy about posting pictures now. It takes time to overcome negative feelings about yourself but hopefully all the positivity you receive on here is helping.
You, and other trans women, will always have my unwavering support, by the way.

...I have come a long way with my self-confidence and I'm a lot less shy about posting pictures now.
I wish I could come to this point. I posted a photo, some time ago, however, deleted it not more than 24 hours later. Somehow, it made me feel too exposed, or similar. I think it's such a nice thing to be able to do, as we get that-much-more familiar with one another, and it's just nice to see the actual person behind the words. Not a necessity, but, just a more in-depth, or accurate perspective. ...I'm rambling.

I wish I could come to this point. I posted a photo, some time ago, however, deleted it not more than 24 hours later. Somehow, it made me feel too exposed, or similar. I think it's such a nice thing to be able to do, as we get that-much-more familiar with one another, and it's just nice to see the actual person behind the words. Not a necessity, but, just a more in-depth, or accurate perspective. ...I'm rambling.
You're not rambling! If anyone here rambles, it's me, lol...
It's perfectly okay to not be at that point yet, I should add... for most of my life I haven't liked my face or my body at all and I either posted pictures that were heavily edited or where people couldn't see my face... or pictures of only my face where my body wasn't visible. Self-acceptance is a long journey for most of us and however long it takes is perfectly fine.

I still don't like how I look that much but I have been feeling incrementally better about it because of the kindness from people here.

If you never share a picture of yourself, that's also okay! We need to do what makes us feel safe and comfortable. If feeling exposed isn't comfortable for you, then of course you are not obligated to put yourself in that place.
We all like you here, whether we've seen your face or not :)

Hope that made sense.

But I do remember your photo and I think you are beautiful, for what it's worth.

New Threads

Top Bottom