• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Post a Photo of Yourself Thread

I know this is a late respond but you remind me of the YouTuber TheLexiKitty in terms of appearance, only difference is her hair is ever so slightly longer and she wears glasses.

Looking her up, yeah, I can sorta see the resemblance too.

I actually do wear glasses... sometimes... or at least I'm supposed to, sorta, as I'm extremely nearsighted. I wear them when driving because it's dangerous not to, but I dont like the blasted things.

I had to look up Lexi because I hadn't seen her before. She does somewhat resemble Sophie/Misery and they are both pretty!
@Misery I hope you are able to get more confident in your appearance because I really do think you look great.
I have come a long way with my self-confidence and I'm a lot less shy about posting pictures now. It takes time to overcome negative feelings about yourself but hopefully all the positivity you receive on here is helping.
You, and other trans women, will always have my unwavering support, by the way.

Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

1D8B2A44-2000-4A7B-A8E6-8418358EDF7E.jpeg

Can you guess who is on the left of me?

It makes me a bit nervous to do this and frankly I'm not sure WHY I'm doing this (well, okay, I often dont know why I do things) but here:

View attachment 87438

So... yeah.

As I've said, I'm really rather self-conscious about my appearance, considering the whole trans thing.

I'm hoping that, whenever I might post another such photo, I'll... you know, look more like a girl.
You have beautiful eyes. I hope you feel free to be who you wish to be.

I actually do wear glasses... sometimes... or at least I'm supposed to, sorta, as I'm extremely nearsighted. I wear them when driving because it's dangerous not to, but I dont like the blasted things.
I'm exactly the same way. I'm not a fan of wearing glasses but I have astigmatism which, in my case, causes blurred vision. I will not drive without glasses and I need to wear them when I'm watching TV or on the computer too.
I basically wear them all the time now even though I don't enjoy it. Same with my hip and knee braces. Ugh.

Part of what made me feel better about wearing glasses was getting better (and more affordable) frames. I'm not sure what type of insurance you have or what medical insurance is like where you live, but I was able to get very inexpensive but functional glasses with mine. They're not name brand or particularly fashionable or anything but I don't need them to be.

Might be worth checking with your medical provider (or family) to see if any of your plans cover glasses.
A Google search turned up "Most health insurance plans include benefits for optical."
Could be a good way to get some inexpensive frames that you might like the look of slightly more without having to fork over hundreds of dollars at Lenscrafters or something. Hope this info helps.

Driving is one of the few times I can take my glasses off. I can't focus on anything closer than 5 metres.

Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or neither? I don't think I'm either, I just have constant blurry vision.
I think driving without glasses would be a good way for me to get arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on here before, but when I was in driving school, they made everyone walk in a straight line with "drunk goggles" to show how hard it is to function when you're intoxicated, and I was the only one who was able to walk in a straight line.
It scared me, because it proved that being drunk and still functional could give me false confidence, so I've been very conscious of not putting myself in dangerous situations when I've been drinking.
I don't really drink very much at all anymore, and certainly not like I did when I was in my late teens and early 20s.

Anyway, I'm steering this thread way off the rails, sorry. Just thought that was an interesting story that I don't think I've told before.

Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or neither?
The way they use those terms is confusing, I have a shooter's eye. When I got to about 40 my arms weren't long enough to read a book or a newspaper any more, so I had to get glasses.

The way they use those terms is confusing, I have a shooter's eye. When I got to about 40 my arms weren't long enough to read a book or a newspaper any more, so I had to get glasses.
They are confusing, I think they have opposite meanings to what they sound like!

I know you told me who he is so I won't spoil it for everyone lol
I'm assuming that it's someone famous, but there's no point in telling me who it is. I have very poor facial recognition.

I'm assuming that it's someone famous, but there's no point in telling me who it is. I have very poor facial recognition.
Oh, I was mostly joking... sorry if that sounded insensitive.
It's his favorite (or one of his favorite) musicians.

Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or neither? I don't think I'm either, I just have constant blurry vision.
I think driving without glasses would be a good way for me to get arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on here before, but when I was in driving school, they made everyone walk in a straight line with "drunk goggles" to show how hard it is to function when you're intoxicated, and I was the only one who was able to walk in a straight line.
It scared me, because it proved that being drunk and still functional could give me false confidence, so I've been very conscious of not putting myself in dangerous situations when I've been drinking.
I don't really drink very much at all anymore, and certainly not like I did when I was in my late teens and early 20s.

Anyway, I'm steering this thread way off the rails, sorry. Just thought that was an interesting story that I don't think I've told before.
You understand!

I'm still a bit bummed- and perplexed as to why my optometrist didn't seem to address the astigmatism in my left eye which is much more pronounced than in my right eye. My newest glasses prescription certainly help, but I still have that blurred effect that carries slightly over into my right eye. Hate driving at night will all the blur, even with 20-20 vision.

Recently I had a bout with dry eye...affecting not both, but only my left eye. Made my astigmatism way worse...scary. Took eyedrops without perservatives and omega-3 tablets for about five days and the blurring has come down almost back to what it was....which still isn't good.

New Threads

Top Bottom