• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

FINALLY I HAVE A BED.
Full size mattress, "Eastlake" style, solid American walnut, c. 1870-1890--cause I've been sleeping on the floor, or in a hammock, or on the couch, or in a chair pretty much every night since I was in high school, and it sucks. The floor is nice but I would just as soon sleep in a bed like the functioning adult man I'm trying to gradually become.

Finding an older bedframe is good because they are so much cheaper than a new one. I do not have new-furniture money, at all, and have checked ALL the thrift shops, finding no quality beds, just falling-apart stuff and mattresses that I don't actually want to touch. Checked out a nice shop full of modern furniture but everything in there was priced outrageously, and done in all the latest colors of Sad Beige, Dull Greige, HGTV Dull, and Birdcrap. Modern furniture is so self-consciously trendy, but it doesn't match my horrible, tacky taste in furniture at all. When you're finding $300 beds in Goodwill of all places, you are out of luck. I got very lucky at an antique dealer because they wanted to get this thing off the floor.

Victorian furniture is a drug on the market & a lot of dealers about can't give it away. I picked it up for $149 after waiting & waiting for it to come down in price. Mid-century modern wouldn't have waited this long; I got quite lucky here (especially considering what things go for in Goodwill.)

Average price of antique beds is between $300 to $1,600 so I got lucky on this one; it's also in better condition than most that I've come across. It's almost all original right down to the varnish and the old porcelain casters underneath--which means less time repairing what someone else "fixed" and more time prepping for a good night's snooze.

I'm very thankful & terribly excited to have been able to find a functional frame I can actually keep for a long time.

IMG_20230329_132440.jpg

Last edited:
I love your phone case.

The dog sliding rugs are very considerate of you to put in the kitchen. Dogs don't get a lot of traction on those floors and it always looks like hip troubles looking for a place to happen.

Especially because I have a dog who tore her ACL last year and had to have an operation, I don't want them slipping on the floors. I have a rug in the dining room but I thought it would be good to have some in the kitchen too (they all like to hang out in there while I'm cooking, not surprisingly.)

I was super excited about the phone case, because it has a really interesting assortment of dog breeds, and it's the only accessory I've ever seen that features a Giant Schnauzer. I bought a second one with different dogs on it but it hasn't arrived yet. For something that costs less than $2, it's very well-made too and will definitely last a while. But my current phone case still has a lot of life left in it.

Other than that, I got a new shipment of dog food and I'm going grocery shopping at Target tomorrow. I'm a bit tight on money right now because I didn't work for a while after I broke my nose, so I have to budget accordingly.

But, it’s Morrocan. Morocco is interesting.

The argan oil in the shampoo is a little interesting. Ever since I first tried that shampoo, it's the only one I want. I also have the conditioner and the hair oil/treatment. And I recommend all of it.

Last edited:
Amanda Palmer - There Will Be No Intermission on vinyl. No picture provided here since that cover art is extremely NSFW.

100 steel talking machine needles, machine parts, also a 10" turntable/platter mat in light green wool (I'm going to have to fix my small tabletop Victrola as it's doing no good whatsoever collecting dust on a shelf.)

A water pump. German quality. So accurate and detail-oriented.
I'm going to pump water all day long with this puppy.

pump.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom