• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Noise cancelling ... Not headphones, no audio... Hard earmuffs haha I'll remember the word once I hit post
Basic industrial "ear protectors" with noise reduction ratings are certainly the cheapest, "down and dirtiest" way to subdue unwanted noise. Just be prepared to loosen them up so they aren't so tight as to be uncomfortable.

Basic industrial "ear protectors" with noise reduction ratings are certainly the cheapest, "down and dirtiest" way to subdue unwanted noise. Just be prepared to loosen them up so they aren't so tight as to be uncomfortable.
Yeah, that's the one. I've been bending out the part that goes over my head to loosen them, they are a bit tight.

Indian knife

1686162556068.jpeg

An old windup record player (oak case, internal horn and legs).

I bartered for it. Traded one tube radio for one gramophone. It's a lot easier to find fun 78s than a good radio station these days.

Last edited:
Reading it.

And being pleased that I have now doubled the number of programmed texts
that I own. The other is about the same age. A psych text by B. F. Skinner.

Reading it.

And being pleased that I have now doubled the number of programmed texts
that I own. The other is about the same age. A psych text by B. F. Skinner.
Skinner is pretty interesting as well. I found his autobiography on the internet archive and read it. Though it is not like I know enough about psychology's early years to have an opinion I enjoyed reading it.

This book.
412UyGFGNoL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Startling price >Amazon.com

No, I didn't pay that.

I used to go to library book sales and people donated texts, sometimes.

New Threads

Top Bottom