• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

NOCO-GB70-Jump-Start-6.0L-Diesel_1.jpg

NOCO GB70 2000 ampere LiPo booster pack for jumpstarting vehicles.

I got my feet wet with one from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago,
It was new but returned, so I got it for $25

I bought some groceries yesterday and before I went to the store, I went to the library and bought some Thomas & Friends DVDs from them.

In case you're wondering 'How did you buy DVDs from the library?', at the front foyer after you come on, they got books, CDs, and DVDs that they're getting rid of for one reason or another and they had five Thomas & Friends DVDs so I bought them cause I'm a big fan of the show. They were only a $1 each and I was supporting the library too.

It may not look exciting (though if you find rust exciting it is) but finding any tinware this old is really difficult. I've censored the registration number because that bike still exists. The registration mark YX is London, 1928.... 95 year old mudguard! It needs some repair but... find another.
s-l1600 - Copy.jpg

Very adventurous there with the compass @Rodafina.
And @maycontainthunder what are you going to do with that old motorbike fender? Going to try to sell it back to whoever owns it now, or use it for spare parts, or what? I wonder how it came to be separated from the original bike.

I am trying to do something I don't like, but I need to do--and that something is fill out apartment applications. Oof.

Seeing as you asked @Gerontius ...

DSCN1043.JPG

Technically the mudguard I bought is the wrong one because this bike is a year earlier. It is the right kind of mudguard for this type of fork. These are known as kite forks, I think you can see why. Having a '28 mudguard fitted is a slight nod to the fact most of this front end is, in fact, from a 1929 model.

Finding parts for this maker is like finding the offspring of hens teeth and rocking horse poo.

Last edited:
Seeing as you asked @Gerontius ...

View attachment 100771
Technically the mudguard I bought is the wrong one because this bike is a year earlier. It is the right kind of mudguard for this type of fork. These are known as kite forks, I think you can see why. Having a '28 mudguard fitted is a slight nod to the fact most of this front end is, in fact, from a 1929 model.

Finding parts for this maker is like finding the offspring of hens teeth and rocking horse poo.
Okay, so that's awesome! Good luck with the repairs. Looks like fun to drive too.

Okay, so that's awesome! Good luck with the repairs. Looks like fun to drive too.
In theory it's still capable of doing 80mph. For something of 'only' 596cc that isn't much but these were quick bikes back then. Really nice to ride and the 1927/28 bikes had a slightly longer frame the design of which is extremely rigid giving good handling. They also used big brakes for the time period; 7" front and 8" rear.

When new it might have looked something like this one;
R.jpg

To give you an idea of height they normally have a 19" rear wheel and a 20" front.

An awful lot of people think that the Japanese were the first to create a water cooled two stroke... nope, we had them in 1909. This bike is a direct descendant of that one. Smooth running but prone to grenading which is why only circa 11 still have their orginal engine.

I went to Best Buy and bought a laptop charger, 1 TB SSD, SSD enclosure (need to connect it to my laptop so I can clone the data off my current drive after all), and an iFixit toolkit. And then I went to Trader Joe's and bought hot dog buns, hamburger buns, sandwich bread, hot dogs, dill pickle potato chips, a frozen pizza, some cereal, and bananas.

A 12 pack of Vitamin Well. Didn't really need it but I saw that I could get it delivered in the mail for a very low cost so I threw caution to the wind and splurged like a madman. This stuff is so tasty.

vwell.jpg

I bought a music box that plays Hopelessly Devoted to You which is a pretty rare music box song. Also another that plays Carol of the Bells which is also rare to find.

New Threads

Top Bottom