• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Last Thing That Made You Smile

aislinweb-012718ca.jpg

Rules of the Internet:

Godwin’s Law

The most famous of all the internet laws, formed by Mike Godwin in 1990. As originally stated, it said: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." It has now been expanded to include all web discussions.
It is closely related to the logical fallacy “reductio ad Hitlerum”, which says “Hitler (or the Nazis) liked X, so X is bad”, frequently used to denigrate vegetarians and atheists.

Common Godwin's Law appearances include describing women's rights campaigners as “feminazis”, comparing the former US President George W Bush to Hitler, or saying Barack Obama's proposed healthcare reforms are the new Holocaust.

In its broader sense it can be used to describe any situation where a poster loses all sense of proportion,...

Skitt’s Law
Expressed as "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself" or "the likelihood of an error in a post is directly proportional to the embarrassment it will cause the poster."

It is an online version of the proofreading truism Muphry’s Law, also known as Hartman's Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation: "any article or statement about correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling is bound to contain at least one eror".

Godwin’s Law

In its broader sense it can be used to describe any situation where a poster loses all sense of proportion,...

Unfortunately it can also be misused with a deliberate intent to suppress any dissent. I've seen that as well. Making "Godwin's Law" less of a "law" and more of a tactic.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Last edited:
Godwin’s Law

Unfortunately it can also be misused with a deliberate intent to suppress any dissent. I've seen that as well. Making "Godwin's Law" less of a "law" and more of a tactic.[/QUOTE]

Wesley Crusher 'dont be a dick' was another one

The realization that after and over everything, I can still watch Harry Potter. And the plan is set. The folder sticks on the desktop. All parts. One place. A lazy day. And a good friend to share earphones with. This made me smile. Very recently-only few minutes ago. :)

Skitt’s Law
Expressed as "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself" or "the likelihood of an error in a post is directly proportional to the embarrassment it will cause the poster."

It is an online version of the proofreading truism Muphry’s Law, also known as Hartman's Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation: "any article or statement about correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling is bound to contain at least one eror".

Possibly what my college engineering instructor was referring to when he would constantly say "100% inspection is only 80% accurate".

Last thing that really made me smile was recently when I finally moved the dots on my fretless bass to the correct locations. So much easier to play now, and I played a ton of songs on it, did so much better with it. It was a low priced Chinese model that was actually solid and well built, but had some quirks like wiring was wrong, dots were wrong, some strings were wrong. Easy fixes.

New Threads

Top Bottom