• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strange feeling?

Why do I get a weird, churning feeling in my stomach when I think I've done something to upset someone, or if I feel as if someone thinks badly of me?

I don't know what it is, and it isn't just people I know in real life it happens with. I just get this stomachache and churning and feel tense and I can't focus.

Even when I haven't done anything that could possibly have been conveyed as bad or wrong, I still get that feeling. Its really irritating.

I agree though Judge, thinking about it it does resemble feelings of guilt, but with added confusion because I have no reason to feel guilty.

Even when I haven't done anything that could possibly have been conveyed as bad or wrong, I still get that feeling. Its really irritating.

I agree though Judge, thinking about it it does resemble feelings of guilt, but with added confusion because I have no reason to feel guilty.

Exactly. It's like guilt, but it isn't guilt. Though you might be able to isolate it to "a nebulous negative feeling state" and little more. But I know how irritating it can be when something just doesn't feel quite right and "nags" you throughout the day.

Unless of course it could be something relative to your intuition. That's something else, IMO.

Maybe even a form of precognition in the making. Where your thoughts might eventually focus to a point of understanding what your mind may be trying to tell you. Or just leave you in that state of frustration and angst.

Last edited:
I would have said it's like an anxious feeling. I get it a lot, usually if I'm nervous/anxious about something. I do get it if I feel like maybe I said/did the wrong thing at some point, which could be yesterday or could be something from like 10 years ago that my brain has decided I should ruminate on some more.

I would have said it's like an anxious feeling. I get it a lot, usually if I'm nervous/anxious about something. I do get it if I feel like maybe I said/did the wrong thing at some point, which could be yesterday or could be something from like 10 years ago that my brain has decided I should ruminate on some more.
It is similar to the feelings I get when I am anxious, but not quite the same.

I feel you on the rumination front!

Interesting. Would you consider rumination to be yet another manifestation of a "negative feeling state", or would it be something else?

But then I suppose one can be deep in thought about something positive too. Would being so deep in thought be considered a bad thing? Or is that just the perception of some?

Hmmmm...:confused: Yeah, I ruminate in spades. For better or worse. ;)

Last edited:
Interesting. Would you consider rumination to be yet another manifestation of a "negative feeling state", or would it be something else?

But then I suppose one can be deep in thought about something positive too. Would being so deep in thought be considered a bad thing? Or is that just the perception of some?

Hmmmm...:confused: Yeah, I ruminate in spades. For better or worse. ;)

I would definitely describe it as a "negative feeling state", but I don't know if I would consider it a manifestation of said state. Rather, the rumination comes first and then I would realise that it causes me to be in that state (if that makes sense?).

I don't know what I would consider rumination to be honest, as I can't say I've ever really thought about it that much. I've done it my whole life, but it has become worse as I've aged. Some of it stems from OCD, and the CBT course I did last year covered ruminations to a point. I don't think I can entirely blame (for want fo a better word) the OCD for it though.

New Threads

Top Bottom