• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still A Kid At Heart?

Galaxy Freeze

Do you feel like you're still a kid in some ways? Like if you're immature at times, or you still like to splash in the mud and what not?

I still go on Neopets.com, I still only want ketchup and cheese on my burgers, I am still amused with jumping over the furniture, and many other things. And I'm a senior in high school, lol. I really long to be a kid again, because life was just so simple, you know? I think we all do in some way.

So o you do things other people would find childish? Don't be afraid to admit it here!

Sure I am!
I can't say that I'm ever immature or reckless (I wasn't as a kid either), but I can be spontaneous. I still like to go swinging or wade in a pond or lake at times even if it means taking extra walk to perform. And taking shortcuts where ever. Imo these aren't really childish acts, but show carefree kid like happy side of me as I mostly am calm, collected and no-nonsense. Not that I'm ever too serious because I'd deny myself from having fun, nor do I think that one has to do "stupid" things to be considered as child in the heart. It's about attitude and joy, not just about doing things that need cleaning afterwards.

Compared to what the consensus of "what adults do" is... I'm not adult at all, lol.

I don't have the majority of interests that adults have I guess. I like games and toys over "adult" things which men my age would care a lot more for.

As for rolling in the mud... it's that I don't have any interest to do so specifically. But I don't really mind doing something that's considered "childish" in that regard. I still draw faces on a plate with condiments when given the chance.

I think I'm more of a teenager. I still like legos, and the idea of building complex stuff together. Only thing is legos are mad expensive!! I also like Choose Your Own Adventure books. I like the Never Ending Story movie and still want to see the other two. I'm sure there's more stuff. Oh, I like to stay up way past my bed time and wish I could watch Alternative Nation or 120 Minutes on MTV or MTV2 again.

Yes, in Nature I'm curious, joyful, will swim if I can, follow butterflies-lightening bugs, bats in the sky inspire me kind of guy.
Inside I'm a kid, amazed, in the moment, wondering, questioning & enjoying Nature. Oni said some good things. A good board game can be great. I'll still remember one game in particular. The owner of a business I was working at & I got into this one board game a few times. Normally he'd win. After I lost 4 or 5 games, I finally beat him. Maybe by luck-he was good.

He hit the gameboard & the whole thing went flying. I wasn't insulted because he was a cool boss at work & a good guy. As kids we I swam in a lot of leaves...many people seem to grow old in the mind and heart.

I always say, "I Am Not A Day Over Twelve". I know that all of my friends, and ex's would agree. My wife says I am always the worst kid in the room. A few years back at the company Christmas party, I was supervising the kids so they would not get out of line, and my wife had to yell at me. I still play in the mud, catch bugs, hide in the woods, play jokes on people, and play with toys. Yes, I Am Definitely Still A Kid.

Haha! Yes! I still play Neopets, love to play with my 11 year old little sister, am addicted to Xbox, love board games, watch cartoons and Disney movies, love kawaii Japanese culture, dress in pastel colors and girly dresses. Just to name a few >.<

Some aspects, I'm a kid. I have the fantasies that everything good could happen. But for some aspects, though, I had learnt that life has restraints and limits - the frailty and fragility of life.

I have wondered before if I'm the only adult who can answer the question, "What's your favorite Hot Wheels car?" Shadowjet! I also love toy helicopters. One of these days I'm going to have enough money to get a remote control one. Those are just two mentions. I agree with the idea that it is really about joy; caring more about having harmless fun than about if someone else thinks it's silly.

Yeah woop
I like to play tag with my dogs. I'll start running and they'll chase me, then I'll turn around and chase them, then they'll chase me back and i'll run away... I also watch lots of Batman:TAS and the first thing I think when I have money is that I can buy costumes to play dress up in and have action figures of Batman. I like building forts still, they make me feel safe. Also play pranks on people a lot and laugh a lot at everything. I'm not sure what all about me is so childish because I'm usually not so aware of it but things like this I realize aren't very "mature"

I feel that way when it come to playing video games. I know a lot of adults play them, but I get the feeling from others that it's childish.
I felt like a kid again(in a good way)when I bought Ducktales Remastered for the PS3 two months ago & when I beat it when the Ducktales theme song was playing over the credits. I sang with it like it was the 80's all over again. Ducktales whoo-oo!

In some ways I'm still a kid at heart. I love ice cream so much that sometimes I'll get a bit greedy and eat too much. I also love collecting model locomotives/trains and model dragons and animals. I know that collecting model trains is also an adult hobby but I believe it has its roots in my childhood. Sometimes when I'm having a few beers with my best friend we'll talk and laugh about things that most middle aged adults would almost never do. I've never really wanted to grow up if that means settling down with a wife, kids and a steady job, I just could not cope with the responsibility and having hardly any time to do the things I love.

I am 26 Years old, i still like splashing in pools of water and mud with my shoes. i like playing with Legos. I still watch cartoons, my favorites are Arthur, Clifford, anything on PBS Kids Liberty Kids, and Disney Movies. I still have a Teddy Bear.

I'm definitely childlike in many ways, but it gets me in trouble because my family expects me to behave like them. I keep so much to myself now, just to avoid fights I can't win because my mother would throw me out again.

yea i believe im a kid inside. i still play pokemon and i have an active imagination and im only 19!! i dont mind doing kid stuff honestly.

New Threads

Top Bottom