• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Things That Cheer You Up?

They've got a slightly more complex problem in the US though, most of them rely on their employers for health cover and this alters their mentality about changing jobs. In Australia or the UK it's a different story, some of us will even quit over the wrong beer being supplied on Friday afternoon and come Monday we're working somewhere else three streets away.

In the US, the 1985 federal Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) guarantees former employees the right to continue their employer-provided group healthcare coverage for at least 18 months. Employers are required by law to provide notice of those rights to departing employees. There are some limitations (employer must have at least 20 employees for COBRA to apply), among other things.

Many states also provide similar state law safeguards, often for longer than 18 months.

I doubt many former Twitter employees are going to have a problem securing new employment, and they receive a 3-month severance pay package. American former employees will just exercise their COBRA rights or switch to their spouse's group healthcare coverage if that is available.

Oh wow! I had quite forgotten about Julie Andrews! I used to love watching Mary Poppins! I now have a hankering to go listen to Let's Go Fly A Kite! :) Or a Spoonful of Sugar! :) One of the few childhood memories I think I will keep with me! :)
And as an adult, I really enjoyed her more adult offerings. Victor-Victoria was great.

And as an adult, I really enjoyed her more adult offerings. Victor-Victoria was great.
It's was a bit weird for me when I saw her in grown up movies! I think the first one I saw her in she actually used the "F Bomb"! The funny thing is, it was quite an old movie even back then! I suppose I may have confused her with a different actor, but I don't think I have!

It's was a bit weird for me when I saw her in grown up movies! I think the first one I saw her in she actually used the "F Bomb"! The funny thing is, it was quite an old movie even back then! I suppose I may have confused her with a different actor, but I don't think I have!
Did you see her in S.O.B.? That was a funny grown-up movie! She even shows her boobs.

Yorkies and chihuahuas. They are not things, but they are small and always cheer me up.
My sister always called them "popeye" dogs. Because they're forever getting under you feet and if you accidentally tread on one it's eyes pop out. :)

If I did that I would never be able to sleep again and I would eventually be committed to a mental hospital where I would spend the rest of my days banging my head against a wall over and over. :fearscream: Just the thought makes my stomach turn. I have had both dog types and they are wonderful. You quickly learn to never sit down or put your foot down without first knowing where the dogs are.
I'm the same with cats! I'm always very mindful about where I put my feet. If I stood on my cat or any living creature to be quite honest, I would end up in a similar position. I try not to think about it too often because then I wouldn't be able to walk anywhere without examining every square inch of the pavement. But I do try to avoid snails etc at this time of year as they are often around on the pavement.

witnessing Acts of kindness.

watching one human demonstrating consideration for another.
a simple, kind word or deed eliciting a smile of appreciation from the recipient.

takes but a moment and changes someones whole day.
(usually)

witnessing Acts of kindness.

watching one human demonstrating consideration for another.
a simple, kind word or deed eliciting a smile of appreciation from the recipient.

takes but a moment and changes someones whole day.
(usually)
This is why I really like this forum. I see a lot of these taking place :) You are quite right, it does change your outlook for a while :)

Cats are certainly small and have a tremendous ability to cheer me up! Videos of kittens on YouTube can really make me smile! :)
I have 3. So anything they do make me very happy. Even if they do manipulate for treats — I admire their cleverness. One of my cats likes to watch videos on YouTube.=D

I have 3. So anything they do make me very happy. Even if they do manipulate for treats — I admire their cleverness. One of my cats likes to watch videos on YouTube.=D
I just have one but he's plenty enough for me! I would love to have more but I think he'd get upset if he had to share me with other cats lol!

My cat loves the videos for cats with the birds and the squirrels! I sometimes put them on for him when I need to keep him in a room for a bit if something is going on in the house that might be dangerous for him. Though once I did return to the room and YouTube auto played Angry Joe and my cat seemed highly entertained by it lol! :)

I just have one but he's plenty enough for me! I would love to have more but I think he'd get upset if he had to share me with other cats lol!

My cat loves the videos for cats with the birds and the squirrels! I sometimes put them on for him when I need to keep him in a room for a bit if something is going on in the house that might be dangerous for him. Though once I did return to the room and YouTube auto played Angry Joe and my cat seemed highly entertained by it lol! :)
I’m trying to make an army of cats to join my legion. Or have them drive a chariot…

Mine likes the ones with the mouse. Not big on birds. Doesn’t like squirrels. Is occasionally interested in fish. It is very funny watching him be entertained by the video.=)

New Threads

Top Bottom