• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Things That Cheer You Up?

MildredHubble

V.I.P Member
I dyed my hair for the first time in maybe 4 years. It cheered me up a bit. My hair looks a little nicer now (though not photogenic lol) It's nicer than the mousey grey rats nest it has been for quite some time. It feels like it's knock years off me lol!

It's a fairly dark shade of brown, and just above shoulder level. I hadn't had enough confidence (or vanity I suppose) for quite a long time. It's sometimes the little things that can make a big difference! :)

Also thanks @Rodafina for making me feel included today! :)

So I thought I would start this thread and ask what little things can cheer you up? :)

That's why I come here. When I talk to people here I'm not a weirdo. Well... not as weird anyway. :)

That's why I come here. When I talk to people here I'm not a weirdo. Well... not as weird anyway. :)
This place always makes me feel right at home! I certainly feel less weird here! If only the world at large was so nice! It would be like a utopia I tells ya! :)

I had one boss once that seemed to understand me and respected me and liked me. I worked for him for 6 years, longest job I ever held in my life. He died of a brain anneurism, 44 years old.

Such is life.

Fixing things, dismantling and putting all the parts onto white paper. Every screw goes back to its original place.
All gears or electrics or whatever. It becomes a nothing, a pile for the scrap tin but ( hopefully) ..fixed and back together to become something working.

I started with tin robots as a seven ish year old, my feeling was never forgotten, someone unknown to me had designed this. I'd seen a world of electro/ mechanical wonder. It was that strong to me.

I wish I could occasionally do art that I see in other threads, I can't but it's not my thing so I suppose that's it !

OK, so on the surface of things the story I posted above ^^ sounds a little bit sad. In some ways it is. But there's another side to it.

I have proof that not everyone in the world is an arsehole, they're few and far between but there are some truly wonderful people out there. Keep searching, you'll find them. :)

Fixing things, dismantling and putting all the parts onto white paper. Every screw goes back to its original place.
All gears or electrics or whatever. It becomes a nothing, a pile for the scrap tin but ( hopefully) ..fixed and back together to become something working.

I started with tin robots as a seven ish year old, my feeling was never forgotten, someone unknown to me had designed this. I'd seen a world of electro/ mechanical wonder. It was that strong to me.

I wish I could occasionally do art that I see in other threads, I can't but it's not my thing so I suppose that's it !
Oh yes! This ^^^^ I like doing this too. Perhaps not quite as highly organised, but I love getting some cool ICs and bits and bobs that DigiKey won't gouge me on when it comes to shipping! Nothing like finding a dead board with some nice Flash RAM and a few CPLDs or even, (gasp) a nice FPGA or two! :)

Finding nice clothes that fits just right. I have always had problems finding clothes I like with a good fit, maybe I'm too picky but it's like I'm always between two sizes or it fits but the arms are too short or something. Last week I found two pants that was a perfect fit. :D
That cheered me up.

And these things:

View attachment 89028

It's a Swedish delicacy called punsch-roll, also known as "vacuum cleaners". A small cylindrical pastry covered with green marzipan with the ends dipped in chocolate, with an interior consisting of a mix of crushed biscuits, butter and cocoa, flavoured with punsch liqueur. It's a heavenly desert, one of those always cheer me up.
Those look incredibly Yummy! :)

Oh yes! This ^^^^ I like doing this too. Perhaps not quite as highly organised, but I love getting some cool ICs and bits and bobs that DigiKey won't gouge me on when it comes to shipping! Nothing like finding a dead board with some nice Flash RAM and a few CPLDs or even, (gasp) a nice FPGA or two! :)
I still use the venerable 555 timer in my circuits, I want a 555 tee shirt :)

I still use the venerable 555 timer in my circuits, I want a 555 tee shirt :)
Me too! I have quite a stash of 555s! I've used them to provide clock signals to CPUs, to make a simple synth, and my best moment if inspiration, I made an automatic sync circuit for an Atari VCS that I was adding a simple Composite to HDMI unit to. The video signal from the console was so weird and out of spec, but I found that if I briefly grounded the sync via a capacitor and 1k resistor it would force it to sync. So one 2N2222 transistor, a 4.7uF cap, a couple of electrolytics and 3 resistors later I had a 99% successful circuit lol!

OK. This might sound a little perverse. My sleeping habits are really mucked up so I'm cooking tea at 8:00 am.

The pleasure is in watching people walk past my house and seeing their noses twitch at the smell, I bet they struggle waiting til lunchtime to eat. :)

OK. This might sound a little perverse. My sleeping habits are really mucked up so I'm cooking tea at 8:00 am.

The pleasure is in watching people walk past my house and seeing their noses twitch at the smell, I bet they struggle waiting til lunchtime to eat. :)
Often this is what I end up doing. My sleep pattern is so erratic. But you got to work with the cards you are dealt I suppose don't you? :)

My great grandmother was a Geordie, she always said "Count your blessings as you find them.".

New Threads

Top Bottom