• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Things That Cheer You Up?

That sounds like an awesome way to start the day! I like bagels and coffee, I rarely combine the two though so now I have a plan for tomorrow morning (assuming I get to sleep at a reasonable hour!).
I buy a six pack of bagels and a package or cream cheese spread every week. It has become a wake up ritual for me. Wake up, take a shower, toast a bagel and make a cup of coffee in the Keurig. I feel cranky if I skip any of that before my work shift.

I buy a six pack of bagels and a package or cream cheese spread every week. It has become a wake up ritual for me. Wake up, take a shower, toast a bagel and make a cup of coffee in the Keurig. I feel cranky if I skip any of that before my work shift.
Well sir! I salute your morning routine and I find the idea of coffee and bagels rather appealing! So when we go shopping tomorrow I reckon some bagels and cream shall be on the list! If I can maintain my current sleep pattern I may actually enjoy them in the morning rather than whatever random hour happens to be morning for me that day!

Actually we have a coffee maker sitting in it's box so perhaps some fresh ground coffee might be in order! :)

I'm from the right side of the "watta"...
Eeeh by goom.

She was a straight talker. "I call a spade a shovel and if you need I'll show you how to use it!".

And from being at the lower end of the socio-economic ladder - "Ah well. What we 'aven't got we can always do without.".

"If we had some eggs we could have ham and eggs if we had some ham."

Seeing a Monarch butterfly land on my shrubbery.
Seeing a wave with sprayback.
Seeing a whale surface.
Thinking about and visualizing water in its various properties.
Thinking about all of the places that I have been blessed to see and live.

Just a happy story.

I’ve had a great day, this should probably go in my own blog section except it has an 80 word limit. I struggle to say Hello in 80 words or less. In real life too, many people give me whatever I want in the hope that I’ll just shut up and go away. :)

My sleep patterns have been seriously mucked up for the last 18 months but instead of being upset about it I’m learning to live with it. Yesterday I slept from 1:00 in the afternoon until 9:00 at night. A good sleep, I’ve been up since then, it’s now nearly 11:00 am. I’m still not tired.

I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. When I wake up there’s the obligatory 1 litre of coffee and 45 minutes of pacing, then it was time to check news websites and then play video games. I had fun, but just for a change I decided I’d have a few drinks, that’s normally about once a week for me but only if the weather’s warm.

I’ve had more than just a few drinks now but I don’t feel overly drunk. This is unusual for the past 20 years, these days it normally takes less than a 6 pack to put me back in bed. Instead I got bored with one game and won in another, then came to this forum and started talking to people.

I’ve had a great time, and believe it or not this is the most social interaction I’ve had in more than a year. You mob have been very beneficial to my state of mind. You mob make me happy.

I’ve got a hidden hope here too. I’ve always had a spasmodic thyroid gland, it was usually hyperactive when I was younger, these days I think it sleeps more than I do. The fact that my body is metabolising alcohol properly again is a good sign. I might get another surge of youth back again for a while.

And no, I don’t take any form of medication for that. I only ever take drugs for recreational purposes. :)

Just a happy story.

I’ve had a great day, this should probably go in my own blog section except it has an 80 word limit. I struggle to say Hello in 80 words or less. In real life too, many people give me whatever I want in the hope that I’ll just shut up and go away. :)

My sleep patterns have been seriously mucked up for the last 18 months but instead of being upset about it I’m learning to live with it. Yesterday I slept from 1:00 in the afternoon until 9:00 at night. A good sleep, I’ve been up since then, it’s now nearly 11:00 am. I’m still not tired.

I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. When I wake up there’s the obligatory 1 litre of coffee and 45 minutes of pacing, then it was time to check news websites and then play video games. I had fun, but just for a change I decided I’d have a few drinks, that’s normally about once a week for me but only if the weather’s warm.

I’ve had more than just a few drinks now but I don’t feel overly drunk. This is unusual for the past 20 years, these days it normally takes less than a 6 pack to put me back in bed. Instead I got bored with one game and won in another, then came to this forum and started talking to people.

I’ve had a great time, and believe it or not this is the most social interaction I’ve had in more than a year. You mob have been very beneficial to my state of mind. You mob make me happy.

I’ve got a hidden hope here too. I’ve always had a spasmodic thyroid gland, it was usually hyperactive when I was younger, these days I think it sleeps more than I do. The fact that my body is metabolising alcohol properly again is a good sign. I might get another surge of youth back again for a while.

And no, I don’t take any form of medication for that. I only ever take drugs for recreational purposes. :)
That sounds like a great day! When you can spend your time the way you want to, who cares if you are on a different schedule to everyone else. It's morning/afternoon/evening somewhere in the world right!? :)

I don't drink alcohol anymore. I was never particularly good at it. But I used to enjoy the occasional beer up until about 6 years ago and it can be a nice way to unwind and feel a bit giddy.

Life is for the living as they say! It's so irritating that there's so many miserable judgemental people that want to dictate how and when people let their hair down.

I've seen so many people bad mouthing the guys that left Twitter today because they wouldn't give up their entire existence to a power crazed maniac! Honestly, people need to relax and read The Secret Garden or something and reconnect with their inner human being! :)

I was a highly skilled and highly valued tradesman, a printer, guess what happened if I wasn't happy with the terms and conditions.

One very good boss asked me one day if I thought he was a good employer, I said "Well put it this way Kev, there's plenty of people I worked for for two weeks.". :)

I was a highly skilled and highly valued tradesman, a printer, guess what happened if I wasn't happy with the terms and conditions.

One very good boss asked me one day if I thought he was a good employer, I said "Well put it this way Kev, there's plenty of people I worked for for two weeks.". :)
Completely agree with your approach! If you invested time in developing a skill then you deserve respect and fair pay. There's far too much of this "throw your life away to make someone rich" mentality.

I doubt the majority of twitter staff will need to worry about finding new work. As I've been saying to some of the haters, if you've worked hard to develop valuable skills, then you can pick and choose who you work for. It's a seller's market. That's the way market forces work. :)

They've got a slightly more complex problem in the US though, most of them rely on their employers for health cover and this alters their mentality about changing jobs. In Australia or the UK it's a different story, some of us will even quit over the wrong beer being supplied on Friday afternoon and come Monday we're working somewhere else three streets away.

Many little things brighten my day: a dainty sulphur butterfly - now they’re tiny. And how neat they were named “dainty” and not just small. Also any bloom, even tiny ones. Sometimes especially tiny ones. A bird outside my window. And so on…

Many little things brighten my day: a dainty sulphur butterfly - now they’re tiny. And how neat they were named “dainty” and not just small. Also any bloom, even tiny ones. Sometimes especially tiny ones. A bird outside my window. And so on…
They sound cute! :) A few months back I found a red admiral butterfly caught in a spider web. I guess it was a bit unfair to the spider but I freed it without collapsing the web. I just thought it was a shame it would end up as lunch and I'm pretty sure they are quite rare here in the UK.

They've got a slightly more complex problem in the US though, most of them rely on their employers for health cover and this alters their mentality about changing jobs. In Australia or the UK it's a different story, some of us will even quit over the wrong beer being supplied on Friday afternoon and come Monday we're working somewhere else three streets away.
Actually that's true! I hadn't considered that. I suppose 3 months of severance pay will help. I'm pretty sure that most will be somewhere new by this time next week. I hope that the potential few who aren't so lucky will be ok as far as their medical insurance!

Julie Andrews cheers me up.

Oh wow! I had quite forgotten about Julie Andrews! I used to love watching Mary Poppins! I now have a hankering to go listen to Let's Go Fly A Kite! :) Or a Spoonful of Sugar! :) One of the few childhood memories I think I will keep with me! :)

aaaaa.jpg

I have always been a jelly candy fiend. :D But I don't eat the black licorice ones.

Going for a walk... Tonight after work went to a nearby town for their celebration to light up their Christmas tree, just lots of fun and lots of cheer in the air... Took photos of course, beat my head against the wall, the challenge of night photography!

Decided to treat myself to a burger at a small restaurant I've walked by countless times in the past, went inside for the first time tonight... Random conversations just happened...

Finding a pretty rock will make my day.

Watching a TV show I like.

Singing along with songs I like.

My sleep hours are crazy too. So sometimes I just need a good long afternoon nap.

New Threads

Top Bottom