• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sleeping over at friends houses

dylan_gnome

Cat and Guinea Pig mom
does anyone else struggle with sleepovers?

i am 22 and whenever i have the opportunity to spend the night with a friend, i either sleep horribly, don’t sleep, or end up going home to sleep in my own bed. i don’t seem to struggle in hotels, and i never had an issue when i was at sleep-away camp as a teen, nor when i moved into the dorms at the beginning of college.

i thought it might be the aspect of sharing the bed, but i have no trouble if someone is spending the night with me in my bed.

does anyone else share this experience?

Do you mean platonic sleepovers or relationship sleepovers? Guess there could be varied complications of an emotional kind with the latter. Where sleep may not be the main agenda.

With staying over, I wouldn't stay over with friends without a designated separate space to sleep. I'm not picky though, I ve slept on sofa cushions in the kitchen etc. Fridges can be pretty noisy I guess.

does anyone else struggle with sleepovers?

i am 22 and whenever i have the opportunity to spend the night with a friend, i either sleep horribly, don’t sleep, or end up going home to sleep in my own bed. i don’t seem to struggle in hotels, and i never had an issue when i was at sleep-away camp as a teen, nor when i moved into the dorms at the beginning of college.

i thought it might be the aspect of sharing the bed, but i have no trouble if someone is spending the night with me in my bed.

does anyone else share this experience?
Not exactly - any change in my sleep situation takes several days to adjust to. If a friend were sharing a bed with me - forget it. I'm not sleeping. I cannot stand to have someone else doing something so intimate unless its a romantic partner. I am ultra aware of the other person's presence - even my own husband's actually.

At this point in my life, even if l were to live with someone, l would have my own bedroom. And l really don't do sleepovers anymore. Just don't feel comfortable. Due to years of things happening to me when l slept. So l understand that. Maybe you should talk about separate bedrooms as a married couple.

At this point in my life, even if l were to live with someone, l would have my own bedroom. And l really don't do sleepovers anymore. Just don't feel comfortable. Due to years of things happening to me when l slept. So l understand that. Maybe you should talk about separate bedrooms as a married couple.
We frequently end up sleeping separately for comfort reasons - even if we start out together, one will wake up and move to another room because they can't get comfortable, or I will realize that I just need to be alone and stretch out - it's nice to have options!

I did once and found it so confusing and never did it again and that was with my best friend ( well, sort of).

I had wondered why is it that I cannot be like other girls and do girly things? I found it pointless to sit on the bed gossiping about boys and make up. First, because boys frightened me and second, I never wore make up lol

New Threads

Top Bottom