• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silly inventions thread

Progster

Grown sideways to the sun
V.I.P Member
Post a silly or pointless invention, real or imaginary.

A pencil with two erasers, one at both ends :D

Edit: that one is a particularly pointless invention!

Last edited:
Mayhaps a small, hand-held telecommunications device with a tiny keyboard that allows the end-user to spend 10 minutes typing a message with their thumbs instead of spending 20 seconds saying it, thus streamlining the communication process.

In Texas, these are called Aggie jokes:

The toothbrush was invented at Texas A&M because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called a "teethbrush."

The internet.

Mayhaps a small, hand-held telecommunications device with a tiny keyboard that allows the end-user to spend 10 minutes typing a message with their thumbs instead of spending 20 seconds saying it, thus streamlining the communication process.

20 seconds? Never had nothing last that long.

I want to be all funny but I have been Mr. Logical all weekend...

I am thinking in "most" every home maybe all over the world, you turn on the HOT water and wait, or maybe even leave the room while it gets to the faucet you just turned on... How many millions of gallons of water a day just get wasted into already over stressed sewer systems because of this?

With our tankless technology it would seem that we could mount in line mini tankless units at least in the far off rooms and have a nearly zero waste situation... On a world scale that would be massive water savings.

My stupid invention would be zero smell sour creme, cottage cheese, and Parm Cheese... Or fortify them with a smell that doesn't already smell like vomit, or some hobo's year old dirty socks... : ) I just gagged a little thinking about it... : )

Talk to text, but mine hates me... It makes me say cuss words I didn't say then I say the cuss word, and it types it out... Just not Chance friendly at this point. So, maybe this is a fail as of yet.

My stupid invention would be zero smell sour creme, cottage cheese, and Parm Cheese... Or fortify them with a smell that doesn't already smell like vomit, or some hobo's year old dirty socks... : ) I just gagged a little thinking about it... : )

So your invention could be called - dont buy any cheese

The toothbrush was invented at Texas A&M because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called a "teethbrush."

Dude... We were concentrating on the efficiency and quality it takes per tooth...We just figured the world already knew that we had multiple teeth in our heads...

But I guess we better not be stealing glory from the real dude... The first toothbrush of a more modern design was made by William Addis in England around 1780 – the handle was carved from cattle bone and the brush portion was still made from swine bristles. In 1844, the first 3-row bristle brush was designed.

We are Aggies... but not really as stupid as a lot of people think... : )
I am an Aggie (drop out -just being honest), from a whole family of them and married into a family of them (sad I know) but the jokes never bother me at all... I can usually get them for some reason??? I probably should have never admitted that...

Dude... We were concentrating on the efficiency and quality it takes per tooth...We just figured the world already knew that we had multiple teeth in our heads...

But I guess we better not be stealing glory from the real dude... The first toothbrush of a more modern design was made by William Addis in England around 1780 – the handle was carved from cattle bone and the brush portion was still made from swine bristles. In 1844, the first 3-row bristle brush was designed.

We are Aggies... but not really as stupid as a lot of people think... : )
I am an Aggie (drop out -just being honest), from a whole family of them and married into a family of them (sad I know) but the jokes never bother me at all... I can usually get them for some reason??? I probably should have never admitted that...
My sisters, brother-in-law, father and niece are Aggies.

Fidget Spinner...
You could tell someone made a bad business deal and bought a ton of them and then had to market the heck out of it to move product. I remember when it was being promoted hard... lots of Youtubers were endorsing it, some tv personalities, all types of ads and commercials and some businesses promoting it. Before this, they were on the market but nobody cared. Didn't want one but ended up getting one for free lol

Invisible pants/trousers. (Totally transparent pants/trousers have been made but I am fairly sure they were not actually called "invisible pants/trousers".... some fashion thing.)

Waterproof towels.

Flame-retardant matches.

I don't understand this about Texas and Aggie jokes, but I agree that it would make sense to call it a teethbrush (most people have more than one tooth).
@Sportster that's funny, but... poor bat!

A toilet that is lit up with LED lights and has guiding lights going to it from your bedroom, for people who need to go during the night but don't want to turn their light on.

Last edited:
A hide parts of your body clothing app. You would indicate the parts of your body you wish to hide, say for example your butt is too small, or your adam's apple too prominent. And the app would recommend styles and types of clothing available that could hide or mask them.

A hide parts of your body clothing app. You would indicate the parts of your body you wish to hide, say for example your butt is too small, or your adam's apple too prominent. And the app would recommend styles and types of clothing available that could hide or mask them.

That's what Photoshop is for. ;) :p :cool:

Though admittedly it remains a very real and hotly contested practice in the world of advertising. :eek:

A fire extinguisher especially designed to work under water.
IIRC, some class D fires will burn underwater. (They produce their own oxygen.)
nerd_orig.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom