• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I turn scrobbling off sometimes if I'm being really obsessive with a tune. But I must admit, I love that it gives me statistics. I love statistics. I don't have many followers there anyway, and only maybe one or two that are actually friends.

Harmony is the best. :}

And here is another sad song. Maybe not as sad as some, but to me, it is very wistful. Kind of like... a 'mature' sad. Or, it sounds kind of not-sad but then changes to take a sad tone. The lyrics count to me, too. Most of the songs I consider sad seem to be acoustic guitar, or piano. I'm sure there's a few electronic songs that are sad to me, but they're a lot more rare and I can't seem to think of one outside of Morning Light by Concord Dawn, which is 'sad' but in a darker sort of way, and more erm, energetic? I am bad at describing. :}

Marilyn Manson - Minute Of Decay

It was a sad song made even sadder by what Manson said in his autobiography about when he was recording it:

"I began to sing. “There’s not much left to love.” I reflexively took a sniff for the cocaine in front of my face. “ Too tired today to hate.” the drug didn’t even affect me anymore. “I feel the empty.” something wet splashed in the middle of the pile of white powder. “ I feel the minute of decay.” it was a tear. “I’m on my way down now.” I was crying. “I’d like to take you with me.” I couldn’t even remember the last time I had cried even felt like this. “I’m on my way down.” I completely broke down. “could you come up to the control room?” crackled a voice over the P.A. system. “all right,” Trent said when I arrived, “we think you’re overdoing it.” “I think you’re laying on the emotion a little too thick there,” Dave added. “We’ll let you do it one more time, but lay off the theater. This isn’t Shakespeare.” “ I don’t think you really . . . ,” I began but stopped myself. I didn’t think it would accomplished anything to tell them that if they were my friends, as I had once thought, they would have understood that my desolation was real."

George Harrison - Give Me Love

Belinda Carlisle - You Came Out Of Nowhere

Til Tuesday - anything from their 2nd or 3rd albums

Tiffany - Could've Been

Patty Smyth - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

Eric Clapton - the original Layla

There are lots more. BTW don't mind me if any of these have already been posted as clips. My connection isn't good enough to load them.

That's a great song. I'd never heard of her, cool. Also Space Oddity makes me cry too, I am also a big sap. =)

I find that acoustic guitar, piano, and probably violin or other strings will usually pluck the strings of my soul and affect me. Especially in minor keys.

Allright, sad song megapost.

It is my personal belief that any mental health institution, psychiatrist or therapist who doesn't invest heavily in a vast library of sad but soothing songs and some primo audio equipment is not to be trusted.

For me, the better melancholic times have always been those where a song pops up that carries the right vibe and then I completely overindulge on it, listen to it day and night until all melancholy has been fulfilled (for a while). It's often a turning point and I've come to cherish those moments and songs very much. There's something about accepting one's sadness that can open up perception to a beauty that can only be wholly felt when serotonin is scarce. Some things are just better when you're feeling down; shame it's often hard to remember that when you actually are feeling down.

Anyways, sad songs...

Beck - Lost Cause

I quite like this live version too, despite the clapping at the start. Seriously, why should I worry about my tendency to flap my arms or clap my hands when audiences everywhere seem to take every chance they get to mess up really nice live recordings with their violent gyration of upper limbs.

Neil Young - Out On The Weekend

Ben Harper - Alone

Eddie Vedder - Society

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime

That's a great song. I'd never heard of her, cool. Also Space Oddity makes me cry too, I am also a big sap. =)

I find that acoustic guitar, piano, and probably violin or other strings will usually pluck the strings of my soul and affect me. Especially in minor keys.

This does just that for me. The strings in particular, like something inside me is actually resonating with them. It's such a wonderfully overwhelming feeling.

Ah, another one of those times when I wish desperately for a better Internet connection!

Here's a nice, sad, lonely one, also from Nico:

New Threads

Top Bottom