• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like the song "somewhere only we know" is the perfect suicide song for anyone with aspergers /autism and I'm so sad to know that when the song was first released I was not so aware of the depth of it... 15 years Later.. It is so us! It is so sad and so painful.. Nobody talks about how our suicide age is much earlier than the average population I. E. Neurotypicals . Honestly I'm now 30 and I don't know what my fate is... But this song highlights it ..

"this could be the end of everything...
Somewhere only we know....."
Does anyone agree?

Not the saddest song by traditional standards, but if I had to pick a personal themesong, this is it.

Last edited:
Type O Negative - Everyone I Love Is Dead

Peter Steele and Type O could come up with some goofy songs as well, but they were best known for some depressing music. World Coming Down is their most depressing album, and this song is easily one of the saddest on that album.

One about empty relationships that died a long time ago and only the husks remain. Part of the problem is that these people no longer see each other. I grew up in a family like this but thankfully it's not like that for me now.

^I was instantly reminded of this song, with what you wrote. It reminds me of someone i knew who is basically a stranger now.

^this song is so good. The melody at the beginning sounds like the russian folk song "Polyushko Polye" that's probably intentional.

^this song is so good. The melody at the beginning sounds like the russian folk song "Polyushko Polye" that's probably intentional.

You were able to name the song, which is one further than me...thanks for pointing that out! :). Always good to get more detail on something like this.

OK, here's a classical dark, dark song, so dark that when I first heard it on the radio as a teenager, the announcer warned, "Don't listen to this song if you are depressed." I think it's a fantastic song though, and a great antidote to "toxic positivity" - which is lack of proper acknowledgement that there is hurt and sadness and grief and that those don't need to be completely avoided or ignored or explained away. Also a good song for understanding that some people find it really hard to connect with others.

New Threads

Top Bottom