• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

1668822054591.png

An ear of corn, sprouting

Sea lions never need to be wet. They use water to thermoregulate, if they are otherwise fine they can live on land.

Sea lions are fast, on land they can outrun people.

When a predator shark approaches a group of sea lions, they will get behind and follow the shark. This way they always know where the shark is. Sea lions can kill sharks and do by ramming the shark in the side near the gills. Sea lions have thick skulls and do this without injuring themselves.

Sea lions get all their water from the fish they eat.

Some quick differences to spot between seals and sea lions, which are not seals (people get this wrong and makes me feel crazy). Sea lions have ears you can see, called external ears, seals ears are under their fur.

Sea lions can walk and use their hind fins. Seals drag their hind fins, they cannot walk.

Sea lions live in groups, seals live alone their entire lives except when mating or birthing.

Alkaline batteries have the most power (energy) available at 100ºF.

Water reaches maximum density at 39ºF (closer to freezing the molecules actually move further apart.

I am guessing many people know this about lightning but it starts both on the ground and in the sky and meets in the middle.

In the 1980s in the Princeton tokamak reactor while trying to create fusion energy, physicists for the first time created the same temperature as the sun.

In a ultrasonic cleaner like the kind used to clean jewelry, the energy from the ultrasonic waves causes some water molecules to phase from a liquid to a gas, creating a bubble which then caves back in on itself. It happens very quickly and causes a suction on the surface of the jewelry which is how it cleans it.

Asbestos is 100% natural and used to be mined. The insulation from it was a processed natural product.

The grain trade in wheat in the 1800s brought more wealth to California than the Gold Rush.

Mylar balloons refer to the Mylar plastic film material of the balloons and not the aluminum coating. If you cut one of those balloons open and formed a pouch it could hold boiling water indefintely (dangerous experiment, please do not try) or hydrochloric acid.

A wine glass, being a ceramic and ceramics having tremendous compression strength, can support the weight of an average adult human. (please do not try this either, even slightly off balance and broken glass could fly).

A doorknob with a lock in its center so it can be unlocked with a key, was invented by Walter Schlage, in San Francisco. Hard to imagine door locks any other way but one man changed the world.

Marilyn Hamilton created the first modern wheelchair designed primarily for the user to push it, not to be pushed. Every modern wheelchair design is based on what she created in the 1980s. Everest & Jennings was the largest wheelchair manufacturer in the world, mostly growing from WWII. They did not adapt to the new user design and the oldest manufacturer of wheelchairs went out of business. One person changed the world for so many of us.

Dogs do not have a solid ring of bone around their eyes.

Their is an ocean of water above our heads in the air, over 30 million billion tons.

Rigidity is the the resistance of a material to deforming, strength is its ability to return to its shape after being deformed.

Ice skates slide on ice because their is a thin layer of water that never freezes.

There is no lead in pencils, all were originally made with graphite, most now use a combination of graphite and clay. Henry David Thoreau tried working in his family's pencil making business and hated it.

Geckos use electricity to climb walls. It is called the van der Waals force. The geckos have many very very fine hairs on their feet, this creates an enormous surface area and the van der Waals forces that exist between objects in close contact where they begin to share electrons, has more effect, so much that a gecko can stick to and climb surfaces as smooth as glass.

Bleach feels slippery on your hands because it is dissolving the fat in your hands (do not let bleach touch your skin).

Refrigerators take heat out of food, they do not put cold into it.

Ballpoint pens use tungsten carbide balls that are so hard you could trace over and over on steel and etch a message into it (people do this with love-locks)

A wild boar raided a McDonalds in Sweden yesterday! :D lol It just stormed the place. Broke the door, ran into the kitchen, chased everyone away and ran out again. There's a short video of it leaving here:

I never understood why you need so huge milk bottles. do you drink 5 liter milk per day or do you drink them for 3 weeks?

but in america everything is huger. even the egg packages, we have 8 eggs per package, you have 10. and nearly every other product too.

super mega toilet paper :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

we have only 1 liter milk packages. (example picture)

1668855865361.png

I never understood why you need so huge milk bottles. do you drink 5 liter milk per day or do you drink them for 3 weeks?

but in america everything is huger. even the egg packages, we have 8 eggs per package, you have 10. and nearly every other product too.

super mega toilet paper :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

we have only 1 liter milk packages. (example picture)

View attachment 89066

Everything is bigger in the US. :) We have one liter milk cartons here too, and 1,5 liter. I drink 12-13 liters a week, gotta have milk.

1668857554145.png

I have heard the Americans like the word "liter". ;)

Everything is bigger in the US. :) We have one liter milk cartons here too, and 1,5 liter. I drink 12-13 liters a week, gotta have milk.

I have heard the Americans like the word "liter". ;)
12-13 liter per week is a joke, or? : D I don´t think that this would be healthy : D too much protein can cause diseases.

I drink 1-2 liter per week. that´s enough for me, I anyways can´t carry too much without a car or bicycle.

that video is really funny : D

it exists as english word I see, so people should/could understand it in theory

1668857575456.png

For some reason in Australia we adopted the French spelling - Litre. And the milk comes in all shapes and sizes from 300 ml to 3 litres. I only ever use milk in the coffee these days so it's much more convenient for me to just use powdered milk.

12-13 liter per week is a joke, or? : D I don´t think that this would be healthy : D too much protein can cause diseases.

I drink 1-2 liter per week. that´s enough for me, I anyways can´t carry too much without a car or bicycle.

that video is really funny : D

it exists as english word I see, so people should/could understand it in theory

View attachment 89068

Milk is good for your bones and everything :) Between 10 and 13 liters a week is pretty normal, not as much as it sounds. But one liter now costs $2, the prices went up, so I really should invest in a cow or two.

I had that trouble too, now I just do my shopping online and it gets delivered. Delivery only costs $2, that's cheaper than catching a bus to go shopping.
I did this too in the past, but it´s only available in big cities here. but it´s okay, my food is enough for around 1 week and I carry that in my backpack and 2 bags. even when it´s 20 minutes to carry, that´s okay. I not love it, but I can live with that.

I mean I´m top 10 of the strongest german men, so it shouldn´t be a problem for me (joke). lol.

Last edited:
My wife buys eggs from our local butcher here. In trays of twenty. They're big but they are not goose or duck, just normal chicken.

Quite a lot are double yolkers.
20221119_121227.jpg

I did this too in the past, but it´s only available in big cities here. but it´s okay, my food is enough for around 1 week and I carry that in my backpack and 2 bags. even when it´s 20 minutes to carry, that´s okay. I not love it, but I can live with that.

I mean I´m top 10 of the strongest german men, so it shouldn´t be a problem for me (joke). lol.

This is the strongest man in Germany, Dennis Kohlruss, so being in the top 10 is pretty good. :)

1668864171755.png

New Threads

Top Bottom