• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

20211026_181404 (2).jpg

I’m wondering if an on-demand gas water heater is a better choice than a standard 40 gal. gas water heater.
Yes, it is! It's more energy-efficient, and if you really want a long hot shower, it'll never run cold water halfway through.
Rheem makes a good one. They're quiet, too.

Heaters with a tank capacity are good as solar passive heat systems, as part of a hot-water or steam heater, or as a way to heat water by scavenging waste heat from another system (such as the back of an old woodburning cookstove with its water-jacket. When people bathed in the kitchen in a tub, this was free hot water. Grandma used to wash like that in the 1920s, and I have taken outdoor baths in 25-30 degree Fahrenheit weather using hot water off of a woodstove tank and an old coffeepot for a dipper. Used about 2 gallons of water maximum. Doesn't matter, got clean, and I would recommend wandering around in freezing weather stark-naked holding an empty coffeemaker as a bracing and ennobling pursuit. )

@Gerontius
lol I actually was considering just not having hot water. Heating some water in a small pot on the gas “woodstove” which is what heats my little house.
Nah.
I need my hot showers.
Price for that on demand heater is too much for me. US 7000.00 plus install.

I’m not a drug person at all but one of my friends has suggested ketamine therapy to me to treat my PTSD. Does anyone know anything about that?? I’ve heard really conflicting reports online. My body doesn’t do well with anesthesia so I’m not sure it would be safe.
I was also recommended to use ayahuasca and psilocybin and I really don’t think that would be a good idea to prescribe for me considering the issues that I have. :confused:
I’m not sure if either of those are even legal where I live. But I think having a bad trip would permanently screw me up so I definitely don’t think psychedelics are the answer for me, even if they have been proven to help with anxiety. But I don’t know if they have or not.

Having talked and stayed awake with a few people who were having bad trips which included off-scale anxiety, I’d agree with you @crewlucaa_
I don’t know what would work for you, but I hope you find something.
minimum 3x a week: a sweaty workout (20 min. warm-up, medium high intensity for 40 min., & 20 min. cool-dowh) then a shower & a meal does wonders. The after-effect is a vacation from anxiety which to me is priceless. I use a bicycle in winter which is mounted on an inexpensive trainer to allow indoor workouts

I’m wondering if an on-demand gas water heater is a better choice than a standard 40 gal. gas water heater.

Like @Gerontius said, it's great to have unlimited hot water on demand. Overall it's more energy efficient because you're not paying to keep a tank full of water hot when you're not using it.

So, it's supposed to save you money. It didn't save us money because our oldest son started taking 45 minute showers.

Also, make sure you get one that is powerful enough to run everything - most shut off if they can't meet the demand. Ours was supposed to be powerful enough, but it shuts off when we run two showers at high temperatures, so we have to take turns. That's the only drawback we've encountered.

Lastly, budget for yearly maintenance - someone to come out and clean and service it. Ours shut down once because it wasn't cleaned and serviced. Fortunately, we never removed our hot water tank - we just shut it off. So, we were able to light the pilot light on our hot water tank and use it until we could get the tankless water heater fixed.

Last edited:
I had my phone sitting on my bed and THIS song started playing on its own :confused:
The song is a protection charm btw.
I mentioned in another thread that I’m not going to make any claims about what their music does or try to push my beliefs on anyone.
It could’ve easily been a phone glitch or a weird Bluetooth connection or something… But that was pretty wild.

Some people used to think ringing the bell in a church spire would ward off lightning strikes.

The father of neuroscience Santiago Ramon y Cajal, credited witnessing this remarkable & intensely horrible death with increasing his prodigious perception of nature.

“There, beneath the bell, enveloped in dense smoke, his head hanging over the wall lifeless, lay the poor priest who had thought that he would be able to ward off the threatening danger by the imprudent tolling of the bell. Several men climbed up to help him and found him with his clothes on fire and with a terrible wound on his neck from which he died a few days later. The bolt had passed through him, mutilating him horribly….The bolt or flash of lightning had struck the tower, partly melting the bell and electrocuting the priest; afterwards, contuing its capricious path, it had entrred the school through a window, and pierced the ceiling of tje lower floor where the children were,shattered a great part of the ceiling, had passed behind the mistress who it deprived of sensibility, and after destroying a picture of the saviour hanging upon a wall, had disappeared through the floor by a gap, a sort of mouse hole near the wall.”

I haven’t been feeling well lately (not Covid-related, it was actually from a treatment for something else), and my dogs haven’t wanted to do anything other than cuddle with me in bed.
Tomorrow I’m going to do something nice for them in return though… I’ll take them to the fields to run off-leash, and then bring them to Petsmart to pick out Christmas toys. They deserve special treatment for being so patient with me while I’ve been essentially stuck in bed. I always wonder what I have done to deserve dogs and what makes me worthy of their unconditional devotion. I don’t think I could ever be as good of a person as a dog is of a living being.

I’m not a drug person at all but one of my friends has suggested ketamine therapy to me to treat my PTSD. Does anyone know anything about that?? I’ve heard really conflicting reports online. My body doesn’t do well with anesthesia so I’m not sure it would be safe.
I was also recommended to use ayahuasca and psilocybin and I really don’t think that would be a good idea to prescribe for me considering the issues that I have. :confused:
I’m not sure if either of those are even legal where I live. But I think having a bad trip would permanently screw me up so I definitely don’t think psychedelics are the answer for me, even if they have been proven to help with anxiety. But I don’t know if they have or not.
OH MY GOODNESS! Do NOT take special k or pscilocybin. It is a hallucinogen very popular with ravers. It's gonna screw up your brain and make you all forgetful and give you a heap of other psychotic symptoms that will linger, and you may get flashbacks over the years. It'll take away the part of you that makes you special. Please don't. it's all experimental. Learn to love yourself. And give the pain time to heal. You don't need psychedelic drugs to change who you are.

PS I like Viking Folk too.

OH MY GOODNESS! Do NOT take special k or pscilocybin. It is a hallucinogen very popular with ravers. It's gonna screw up your brain and make you all forgetful and give you a heap of other psychotic symptoms that will linger, and you may get flashbacks over the years. It'll take away the part of you that makes you special. Please don't. it's all experimental. Learn to love yourself. And give the pain time to heal. You don't need psychedelic drugs to change who you are.

PS I like Viking Folk too.
Yeah, a bunch of people on here and irl told me it was a bad idea… I didn’t think it was such a great idea to begin with. I won’t even smoke marijuana so I don’t think shrooms would be a smart choice on my part.
I’ve heard a lot about it making people psychotic who hadn’t previously experienced psychosis :confused:
So instead I’ve been listening to the music I mentioned (“Viking folk”) that seems to alter something in my brain anyway… being a drummer, from a logical and musical standpoint, I think it’s the rhythm and the whole song being on the same note that does it, maybe the throat singing too… but I’m also not completely opposed to believing in its suggested healing powers. Music by itself is pretty powerful stuff though.
I can only imagine that listening to this type of music on magic mushrooms would be a terrifying, nightmare-inducing experience :confused:

New Threads

Top Bottom