• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a random truth about yourself.

When I have too many intense and painful emotions inside me I watch programs with alot of violence and gore in, as seeing those types of images causes me to temporarily shut down emotionally. It's not a healthy way of coping, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Deep inside I know I'll always live disatisfied because our way of life is just so stupid.
I am very sorry to hear that your dissatisfied with you life. Nobody should have to feel that way. Thinking back, I think I probably felt the same way at your age. AS can lead to a lot of loneliness and isolation when your young. Hopefully you will feel better about being a Aspie as you get older. That is the way it was for me and now I like being a Aspie. It is my superpower. I like my Aspie ways a lot better than the lifestyle of "most people". Keep your chin up and try to stay positive.

I am literally scared of pretty much any social response from others that requires any amount of delay.
[ha, ...like posts on a message board. But even being put on hold on the phone]
But, since it appears I can't really do much about it, fear has become a little creature called Anxiety that sits on my shoulder. If I feed it treats and accept that my shoulder is it's special home it tends to not act out so bad.

I used to be a Hells Angel.
There is no button to express my reaction to this...although this comes close o_O

I have eaten a live yellow jacket [hornet]. It's as hot as a ghost pepper. Tongue's been stinging ever since.

Last edited:
When I have too many intense and painful emotions inside me I watch programs with alot of violence and gore in, as seeing those types of images causes me to temporarily shut down emotionally. It's not a healthy way of coping, and I wouldn't recommend it.

When my sister the nurse has had a rough week at the nursing home,
she likes to relax by watching Full Metal Jacket.

I used to be a Hells Angel.

You a one-percenter? Interesting. You actually wore their colors? Full emblem? That's heavy.

I'm not too far from the local chapter. They don't allow colors here...at least not for Street Vibrations. Not since the Vagos and the Angels got into it at the Nugget in 2012.

Last edited:
Yep, obviously we were in the UK and 'affiliated' via the London chapter that had an official charter to the US.

Yes, I'm aware of multiple European chapters. Apparently they're very much like their counterparts across the pond. The world just keeps getting smaller...

Yes, I'm aware of multiple European chapters. Apparently they're very much like their counterparts across the pond. The world just keeps getting smaller...

I was only with them for short while in the early 70's, great bunch of guys. I'd been in the Double Zero and Devil's Disciples which were a little more 'outlaw' but in a British way :p Served a purpose as I learnt a lot about myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom