• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a random truth about yourself.

I like to hunt with a .45 caliber Mule Ear black powder rifle better than with a modern rifle.

For my tenth birthday I was given an evacuation request (not an order - we could stay, but there would be no services in town).

I'm going to a very bad, lazy wife and ruin my diet tonight by heating up a frozen pizza for dinner and, I don't care.

I have a twin sister and we were separated when we were 3 days old and adopted into different families. It took us 22 years to find each other. She is not an aspie

My wife and I have five children, eleven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

My great granddaughter, age 6, was diagnosed ASD this morning, she got her ADHD dx last year so, I officially have another Aspie in the family.

When I was 16, my mother bleached & dyed my hair for me: platinum blonde.

When I was younger, my hair was brunette but, it's sable (nearly black) now unless I dye it.

My grandparents were the first and only in their large families to migrate from the impoverished countryside to the big city.
All of the children they had grew up and migrated to the US and Canada, though each in a different decade, through a different mechanism.
I come from a legacy of nomads and the spirit of pushing against externally defined barriers to movement. It seems, that their energies have culminated in my consciousness to reach a tipping point and now I must do something more, than just continuing the tradition of migrating as an adult.... but I don't know what it is.
It feels really strange to think that way, that I am spiritually connected to these people who have written me out of their lives.

The book "The Bastard" by John Jakes is a fictionalized telling of my family history on my French side. Stories of Sacajawea are the not so fictionalized version of my Native American ancestry. [Touisant Charbonneau is the link that ties both sides together.]

At 15, I was the sous chef in a summer camp kitchen that fed 500 people three meals a day.

My great grandfather killed a man in John Wayne 'High Noon' style; who had threatened to come after him and his family. It was deemed legitimate self defence.

I was hit by a Jeep going 30 miles an hour last October feet from my house. Thankfully I made a 150% recovery and walked away with pretty much no damage, but for a time I had like ten staples in my head. It could be said that I was a metalhead in the truest sense of the word in the time after the accident.

New Threads

Top Bottom