• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Out of balance gut and the link to a thousand other things...

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
My stomach is often my worst nightmare... Its been this way most of my life. I have been in one of my quiet moods just digging and researching for a few days on the link between our gut, our brain, and our nervous sytem. The chemicals and electrical impulses we put out 24/7 and how if they are damaged, polluted, or out of balance the nightmare health situations they can bring forth.

I have been on antibiotics a lot in my life, and that alone seems to be many researchers smoking bullet to bad gut health.

I found a bunch of companies of course promoting they know best. Some are a joke and its easy to figure them out, but others seem to be trying to be truthful in what they promise.

IN NO WAY am I promoting anyone, because I have never used it... Thats the whole point of my post.

Has anyone ever tried PROX 10 probiotics??? They have good ratings and they kind of give out some hope with a guarantee... But words are cheap and this stuff is not.

If anyone has ever used this, OR has a good plan to help me try and balance my gut to see if this would help me feel better I would be more than glad to listen...

I drink Kiefer... (gagging) every morning but I want to puke I hate it so bad, but I was told it would help... Only to find out I would have to drink like 6 quarts a day to even make a dent... No way... There has to be something better... please say there is. Its just wrong to drink that stuff. I'm not big on dairy stuff as it is. A few cheeses in small doses, thats about it. It seems to make me sick, not fix me.

Milk does make me sick... Not the lactose but the Casin in it... I cant digest apparently.

Anyway if you have any good plans throw them out there. Maybe they will help someone else also.

This is SO TRUE.

I have terrible gut troubles. Probiotics are hit or miss. They can make it worse.

Fasting helps. Fecal transplants help. Josiah Zayner did it to himself!

I am not sure what helps. Licorice really helped me (not the candy, the herb) but gave me terrible heart arrythmias.

Flax seed?

I don't know.

@Chance

"Milk does make me sick..."

You mean cow milk, right?
And you have tried other milks with the same result?
Goat, sheep.....

Cow milk messes me up, but not goat or sheep.

This is SO TRUE.

I have terrible gut troubles. Probiotics are hit or miss. They can make it worse.

Fasting helps. Fecal transplants help. Josiah Zayner did it to himself!

I am not sure what helps. Licorice really helped me (not the candy, the herb) but gave me terrible heart arrythmias.

Flax seed?

I don't know.

I don't even like the word picture that "fecal implant" made in my head... Trying to unsee it... Geez... That cant be something pleasant. My butt cheeks are now in locked mode... : )

@Chance

"Milk does make me sick..."

You mean cow milk, right?
And you have tried other milks with the same result?
Goat, sheep.....

Cow milk messes me up, but not goat or sheep.

Yes cow milk... Goat milk smells so nasty to me. I'm just not a milk person I guess.

My digestive tract has been unpredictable at best since a severe illness during my childhood temporarily shut down my exocrine pancreas function.

I don't even like the word picture that "fecal implant" made in my head... Trying to unsee it... Geez... That cant be something pleasant. My butt cheeks are now in locked mode... : )
Don't worry, it doesn't go up the butt, it's transplanted in a capsule via the oral route.

Yes cow milk... Goat milk smells so nasty to me. I'm just not a milk person I guess.

It helps if the milk is very very cold,
in the adjustment/getting used to it period.

If you can only get goat milk from a store,
that is unfortunate. It isn't particularly nice/delicate.
Fresh is better.

When I first had goats and started using the milk,
I put molasses in it.

But, yeah, I suppose there's no need to force yourself
to use dairy products of any type.

Goat milk worked very well for me.

Don't worry, it doesn't go up the butt, it's transplanted in a capsule via the oral route.

okay lets eat encapsulated poop... I know there has to be logic in there some where.
Somehow :eek: I don't think telling him the stuff goes
in his mouth is really going to be that much of a positive thing. :confused:

You have me so figured out! Oh geez thats just so wrong sounding. I think the other way actually might sound better at this point. Somehow it got me laughing so thats a good thing...

It helps if the milk is very very cold,
in the adjustment/getting used to it period.

If you can only get goat milk from a store,
that is unfortunate. It isn't particularly nice/delicate.
Fresh is better.

When I first had goats and started using the milk,
I put molasses in it.

But, yeah, I suppose there's no need to force yourself
to use dairy products of any type.

Goat milk worked very well for me.

I might could do the molasses with goat milk... I can try that easily.

@tree @Chance Sorry, I didn't intend to be comforting, I was making things worse on purpose, bad attempt at a joke. If it helps, I'm currently running a fever on account of a vicious gastroenteritis so I'm suffering too.

@tree @Chance Sorry, I didn't intend to be comforting, I was making things worse on purpose, bad attempt at a joke. If it helps, I'm currently running a fever on account of a vicious gastroenteritis so I'm suffering too.

Works for me, the joke i mean.

Does that mean no karaoke for new year ? :)
(Unless i remembered wrong from anothe thread)

It got me laughing... and grossed out, so it was a good thing I guess.

Why do we have such delicate guts? My dog can eat a rotting dead animal (why I cant imagine) and just go on with life like she ate a New York Strip... But I can look at food wrong and my stomach gets angry...

I hope you get to felling better... I just took a massive amount of prescribed antibiotics and noticed things going really bad so I started trying to figure out how to correct it.

It got me laughing... and grossed out, so it was a good thing I guess.

Why do we have such delicate guts? My dog can eat a rotting dead animal (why I cant imagine) and just go on with life like she ate a New York Strip... But I can look at food wrong and my stomach gets angry...

I hope you get to felling better... I just took a massive amount of prescribed antibiotics and noticed things going really bad so I started trying to figure out how to correct it.
It's unfair, isn't it? I literally have to eat breakfast either two hours before I leave home for work, or postpone it until I'm at work, because of the possibility for disaster. On top of that, even a glass of water can upset my insides. Not fair at all.

On top of that, even a glass of water can upset my insides. Not fair at all.
Water at a certain temperature makes me puke. Like, literally. It's a temperature near room temp, but not quite, so I won't be able to tell until it's in my mouth. Never knew why. I guess water and IBS aren't friends with each other...

The speckled Coricidin my mother gave me
when I had a cold, when I was little, were chewable.
They were OK. :)

This memory did not serve me well the day I concluded that
the OxBile tablets would also be nice to chew. They were
speckled. o_O

:eek:Not the same.
Not the same at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom