• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Oh you're just faking it!"

Logically, when people say things like "they're just doing it for attention", I think it says more about them than you.

People saying that will forever make me want to quote this:

Last edited:
Though I doubt anyone's accused me of taking autism, I fear that that danger impends. My allistic mask has been so convincing that once I confess my Asperger's neurodivergence, people may believe my [inveterately-seen] persona to be the truth and my anima to be the lie.

Though I doubt anyone's accused me of taking autism, I fear that that danger impends. My allistic mask has been so convincing that once I confess my Asperger's neurodivergence, people may believe my [inveterately-seen] persona to be the truth and my anima to be the lie.

Reminds me of the twilight zone, the episode with Bruce Willis,
I think the false Bruce won in the end.
Be careful :)

I didn't recognize this word, with an "ly" on the end.
the definition of inveterately

inveterate
adjective
  1. settled or confirmed in a habit, practice, feeling, or the like: an inveterate gambler.
  2. firmly established by long continuance, as a disease, habit, practice, feeling, etc.; chronic.

New Threads

Top Bottom