• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New series of 'The Undateables'

xudo

something and nothing
I realise that a thread was started before about the new series of 'The Undateables' on Channel 4 (UK), but I'm starting this one because I've just been contacted by a member of their team about it.

A few months ago, they started following me on Instagram and I assumed this was because my screen name is the one I trade under at comic conventions, and has the word 'Tourette's' in it. I thought nothing more about it, until I received a message from the account, from an assistant producer. He basically wanted to know if I'd be interested in taking part, because I'm open about having Tourette's.

Obviously, I'm happily married so nope, don't want to go on there but he asked if I knew anyone else who might be interested. I explained that I also had AS and that I was a member of a forum for people on the spectrum. He has provided me with the main email for contacting them, and also with his personal email.

Main email: [email protected]

Personal email: [email protected]

If you use the personal email, maybe make some reference as to how you came by it, just so he knows he's not being stalked :tearsofjoy:. My name on Instagram is Tourettes Geek, in case you wanted to use that as a reference.

Good luck to anyone who chooses to apply!

Probably not the best idea to publicly post somebodys personal email without their knowledge or permission. It's also worth noting to mention to members who might want to apply that it's UK only.

Probably not the best idea to publicly post somebodys personal email without their knowledge or permission. It's also worth noting to mention to members who might want to apply that it's UK only.

I should point out that I have his permission. I said that I was part of a forum for people on the spectrum, and said I would be happy to post here, if he could provide me with a way to contact them/him. He said that would be great, and provided me with both email addresses. I did add in the first paragraph that it's in the UK, but I probably should have been clearer.

EDIT: It's also not his *personal* personal email, rather his personal email at the production company who deals with casting for the show.

Hmmph, the idea of me going on there! Ha! But I don't think so. I'd at least need to be in the right head space for that. I'm also not sure on my sexuality as such - I'm either heterosexual or asexual. If the latter then it would make dating a bit difficult I feel. I'm not sure if I'll ever be in a position where I want to date.

I guess I want to sort myself out before I have a relationship. I don't want to be in a relationship if I live on benefits. I want to be able to support myself properly at that stage because I feel like I can one day do that.

Obviously, I'm happily married so nope,
I think you can forget this little fact in light of the telly fame you'd get from this ;)

I explained that I also had AS and that I was a member of a forum for people on the spectrum. He has provided me with the main email for contacting them, and also with his personal email.
If you kept parts of this secret everyone on here (or at least some of the UK guys) would've been your best friend in order to get your contacts details. :p:D
he asked if I knew anyone else who might be interested.
Ooooh....ooooh....me me me me :rolleyes:. Definitely be sure to message @Rich Allen and see if you can get him bumped up the list so he can have he's fame and romance.

I'm either heterosexual or asexual. If the latter then it would make dating a bit difficult I feel.
Ooh me too. The latter would make it impossible ;)

This was entirely uncalled for.
Come on, mate. I've had various issues with Rich since joining this forum and even I think that's not cool.
Not sure why you thought it was a dis, it was genuine.

@xudo @VenomousAlbino I don't think the @Hopeless_Aspie_Guy comment was supposed to be a dig or anything. I remember Rich making a thread about wanting to apply on the show but having issues with online application form.

You are correct, thanks.

I'd honestly consider this if I lived in the UK. Sadly, I'm over here across the pond in the US. (Not that I wouldn't change that if I could.)

Staying out of this one...:confused: I am sure they would give their eye teeth to have me on their show?:confused:
I on the other hand might need a 24 7 suicide watch on me, I barely survived the messed up stuff some of my past girlfriends and their families did to me...apparently "making sure I was okay"...."they were the Not Okay ones", in my opinion???:confused:
Getting Dogged live on TV wouldn't be much fun.:confused:

Getting Dogged live on TV wouldn't be much fun.:confused:

Yeah. The "schadenfreude" potential of such programming would concern me first- and last.

As long as those who truly want to go on such a show do so with their eyes wide open. That the greater intent is most likely to make sport of those who go on such a show rather than genuinely see them achieve the happiness they seek.

New Threads

Top Bottom