• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member here, hi.

Daydreamer

Scatterbrained Creative
So um, I'm daydreamer (which I certainly do a lot) and I'm new to this site. I don't know if I have autism or not, however currently I am leaning towards thinking that I probably don't have it.

However, I am still interested in the subject, and hope to take part in various interesting conversations during my time here. Do you have any questions for me? I am happy to answer them so long as they are appropriate. :)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

Hi Daydreamer

welcome to af.png

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to meet you.
What sort of person are you and then what are your interests or hobbies? :)

Welcome! I used to be just a daydreamer. Now I am a daydreaming (diagnosed) Aspie.

Nothing more entertaining than my own thoughts, and forum discussions come close.

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to meet you.

Thanks. :) It's nice to meet you too.

What sort of person are you and then what are your interests or hobbies? :)

I'm a 19 year old student, and next month I will be moving into student accommodation. Both nervous and excited about that. Hmm...hobbies and interests...well, I love musicals and almost everything to do with cats. Although perhaps a tad ironically I don't like cats the musical. :D

Traits I have given the sim version of myself on Sims 3: Computer Whiz, Neurotic, Cat Person, Absent Minded or Brooding (I tend to have a difficult time choosing which one fits better, usually I pick Brooding since I am the type to overthink) and Artistic.

Weaknesses: Overly self-critical and a bit of a perfectionist at times. Somewhat stuck in my own past, but I'm currently trying to move on from the more negative aspects of my childhood. Bad at mathematics (specifically with arithmetic) and I suspect that I might have dyscalculia. Also, I have a tendency to be a bit literal minded and can sometimes miss sarcasm. Often better at being sarcastic than picking up on it.

Strengths: I'm a creative individual with an overactive imagination. Good at 3D modelling, writing stories, and coming up with concepts/ideas. Determined and stubborn, I don't give up easily. Thoughtful. Could easily write an encyclopedia on cats. I have a good memory for music and can sing a lot of songs off by heart. Good sense of humour.

Last edited:
Thanks. :) It's nice to meet you too.

I'm a 19 year old student, and next month I will be moving into student accommodation. Both nervous and excited about that. Hmm...hobbies and interests...well, I love musicals and almost everything to do with cats. Although perhaps a tad ironically I don't like cats the musical. :D

Traits I have given the sim version of myself on Sims 3: Computer Whiz, Neurotic, Cat Person, Absent Minded or Brooding (I tend to have a difficult time choosing which one fits better, usually I pick Brooding since I am the type to overthink) and Artistic.

Weaknesses: Overly self-critical and a bit of a perfectionist at times. Somewhat stuck in my own past, but I'm currently trying to move on from the more negative aspects of my childhood. Bad at mathematics (specifically with arithmetic) and I suspect that I might have dyscalculia. Also, I have a tendency to be a bit literal minded and can sometimes miss sarcasm. Often better at being sarcastic than picking up on it.

Strengths: I'm a creative individual with an overactive imagination. Good at 3D modelling, writing stories, and coming up with concepts/ideas. Determined and stubborn, I don't give up easily. Thoughtful. Could easily write an encyclopedia on cats. I have a good memory for music and can sing a lot of songs off by heart. Good sense of humour.
You sound exactly like me at the age of 19 apart from the fact that I never left home ,four cats live in my house off and on.
Having a really bad day so I don't know if I'll be able to respond to much more

Long Distance Diagnosis Special - $999.99
Guaranteed accuracy rate - 50/50

crystal_ball.jpg

Long Distance Diagnosis Special - $999.99
Guaranteed accuracy rate - 50/50

View attachment 46356

:D

Well, I don't intend on making any threads asking people if they think I'm on the spectrum, because I am aware that this is an internet forum and not a meeting of professionals. Personally, although I show some symptoms, I don't think I have enough to warrant a diagnosis and currently I have no need for accommodations. Hence why it is unlikely that I will ever pursue an assessment. Although, I may pursue one for dyscalculia because I could potentially get relevant help for that.

Despite this, I am interested in learning more about the subject of Autism, and meeting new people on this forum. :)

:D

Well, I don't intend on making any threads asking people if they think I'm on the spectrum, because I am aware that this is an internet forum and not a meeting of professionals. Personally, although I show some symptoms, I don't think I have enough to warrant a diagnosis and currently I have no need for accommodations. Hence why it is unlikely that I will ever pursue an assessment. Although, I may pursue one for dyscalculia because I could potentially get relevant help for that.

Despite this, I am interested in learning more about the subject of Autism, and meeting new people on this forum. :)

Don't mind me, I joke around 72.9% of the time. But you are exactly right. There are as far as I know, no professionals in the mental health field here. I might have missed a therapist or two. Nobody here except us Aspies and Aspie friends/family.

New Threads

Top Bottom