• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Met a famous celebrity?

I did back in 2009,it was at Oz comic con in Sydney and my husband who was my boyfriend at the time took me there because I’m into comics and anime,I was walking around on my own and walked near where the celebrities were and I saw Jake Lloyd who played the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars The Phantom Menace and he was in his early 20s then,he looked at me and waved and smiled I waved back but Jake seemed to stop smiling at me and I didn’t know why,I found out it was because my husband was right behind me and he told me for some reason he mouthed the words to Jake to F off,I don’t know why my husband would do that but it was a interesting day.

I was on a tour at Rockefeller Tower in New York with my aunt and we saw Alec Baldwin in person. He waved at our group, he talked a bit with the tour group and walked back with his actors. My first official celebrity meeting but I've never been a fan of his even before his scandals. He just seemed too full of himself.

I did meet a few new musical artists thanks to my family but they weren't famous. He did go on tour with Christina Aguilera as an opening artist for her.

I did back in 2009,it was at Oz comic con in Sydney and my husband who was my boyfriend at the time took me there because I’m into comics and anime,I was walking around on my own and walked near where the celebrities were and I saw Jake Lloyd who played the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars The Phantom Menace and he was in his early 20s then,he looked at me and waved and smiled I waved back but Jake seemed to stop smiling at me and I didn’t know why,I found out it was because my husband was right behind me and he told me for some reason he mouthed the words to Jake to F off,I don’t know why my husband would do that but it was a interesting day.

Your husband is probably one of those possessive types who doesn't like you even looking sideways at another guy.

He needs to get a grip.

I met singers Cerys Matthews and Carol Decker actor Richard Blackwood and comedians Phil Jupitus and Rhod Gilbert. I would love to meet my favourite music artists Sheryl Crow, Susanna Hoffs and Katherine Jenkins. Talking of celebrities, I heard rumours Hilaria Baldwin changed her accent and heritage

I've also met, hung out with and photographed a number of professional artists

One interesting performative artist was Istvan Kantor, he was here in Calgary setting up an art installation for a local festival, I even went to a pub as a small group with Istvan, not sure how famous he is, as such, certainly more than me, and also a rather eccentric fellow

My portrait:

2939735817_14c09bb0dc_c.jpg

Last edited:
I've also met, hung out with and photographed a number of professional artists

Cecile Belmont is a photographer/artist, I believe based out of France who was here setting up some conceptual art photography here in 2010, I don't believe she is super famous but reasonably well known... I did spend some time interacting with her as she was here for a month, and was allowed to be there for one of her photoshoots, but not allowed to photograph it, so I just took a few photos of Cecile at work...

My photo of her that one day

5002904850_e25a432655_c.jpg

Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard and their children. I waited on them in the restaurant I was working at at the time. It was the summer of 1990. I recognized them but didn't acknowledge it at all. One reason is that I don't think I get particularly starstruck and the other is that I figured they probably don't like people fawning over them.

I brushed past the director Peter Bogdanovich in an airport in Spain.

I've met a handful and didn't have anything more to say to them than I would any other stranger. I just don't understand all of the fuss. I also don't understand why people cry when celebrities die (unless they are close relatives or friends). I just don't get it.

You sold something to Mr. Bean, Blackadder and Johnny English :) That`s pretty cool. I just thought of someone else I met, Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway and his mom, Queen Sonja. But that`s less cool than it sounds, everyone meets them eventually I think. Small country. The Queen is often seen at art galleries, that`s where I met them.

I've also met James May, had Jeremy Clarkson come into my place of work and stood next to a celebrity no-one on here will have heard of; Bob Symes. Bob Symes - Wikipedia

I've also met James May, had Jeremy Clarkson come into my place of work and stood next to a celebrity no-one on here will have heard of; Bob Symes. Bob Symes - Wikipedia
Bob Symes seems like he was a really cool person :) Hadn’t heard of him previously, just read your article.

I actually know a lot of famous dogs! Lol
My best friend is a very well-known dog breeder and handler. He breeds Pointers (English Pointers, not German.) One of his dogs is in the top 10 Pointer dogs according to the AKC.
His dogs have done well at Westminster and the National Championship the past few years.

This is Maitrisse, the Beauceron… I got some pictures with her (and kisses) when I was at Westminster 2019 (I didn’t compete that year.) She has been one of the top dogs in the country for a few years now. She’s extremely friendly. :)
She does not belong to any of my friends, I happened to meet her because my friend knew the handler.
08CD06AB-3719-41FB-A333-BDAE7CDD51AA.jpeg

I’m not that “well-known” myself, as in not famous, but most dog sports people do know me because I compete in everything. I’m one of the few people who does competitive Obedience with Dogo Argentinos, if that counts for anything lol.
I could probably make a thread explaining all the titles my dogs have earned and what they mean though. I did mention the 53 first place ribbons in another thread lol.
But a lot of my friends and acquaintances and their dogs are definitely more famous in the traditional sense, as in they have had televised wins.

As for human celebrities… I have met (and had a conversation with) the guys from Terravita, at a music festival.
Terravita

53? Your dog has 53 first place ribbons? That`s amazing. Congratulations to the dog and you. :)
Thank you so much! Not one dog, all of my dogs, but I’m very proud of them all the same :)
I mean collectively all of my dogs have earned a total of 53. If it was just one dog I’d be blown away lol

My sister went to Harvard at the same time as Natalie Portman and my brother in law went to Columbia when James Franco was there and both were extremely rude and condescending towards everyone. My sister also met Jonathan Taylor Thomas not knowing it was him at Harvard and she said he was really nice. I never met anyone famous that people would recognize immediately but who knows? Maybe I will someday especially if I ever audition for RuPaul’s Drag Race and get cast on a season. I have been in very close proximity to Will Ferrel during my sister’s graduation week at Harvard where he gave this speech which was pretty fun to witness. My sister also used to work in the same building as where The Apprentice was taped and she rode in the elevator with a couple of the people on that show but not Trump. Honestly the celebrities I’d love to meet especially if they were guest judges on RuPaul’s Drag Race are Keenan Thompson, Melissa McCarthy, Chaka Khan, Martha Wash (you’d recognize her singing more than her name), Bianca Del Rio, Bowen Yang, and Pete Davidson.

I once waited on Tommy Tutone. You know..867-5309...Jenny, Jenny...
That guy.

There are celebrities that I like but I am not a "fan". The band tried every which way to get me gush over their greatness. But I remained polite and professional. That must have been so annoying!
I waited on them efficiently and they left a nice tip.

A few more or less?
My boyfriend was closely related to a famous U.S. president. He changed his last name so as to stop being asked about it.
I met his family, including his grandfather. That was interesting.
Shook hands with Henry Kissinger at a party a long time ago.

Last edited:
That`s a little hilarious, a band tries hard to get you to gush over their greatness. And you`re like "meh". :)
Yeah. Hard to gush over a band known for only one song and the reason the phone number in the song is forced to never be issued due to a huge spike in the number of crank calls made to it.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, in second grade an author that lived in the area did visit my elementary school and I got her to sign a book that she had written. Can’t remember her last name but her first name was Megan and the book took place in Pittsburgh, Pa and the title was The Bridge to Nowhere. The most notable thing about her was her one children’s book was featured in an episode of Reading Rainbow. I forgot what the title is but it was about a hermit crab trying to find a new shell to live in and coming across various things like a bucket.

On a ski trip in the 90s Aerosmith waited behind my family at a McDonald's, but that was before I knew who they were. My dad told me later... I've probably met every artist in branson around the turn of the century, I worked at the movie theater there in college. Due to face blindness though, the only people I recognized was Shojii Tabuchi and the blind guy from the platters.

New Threads

Top Bottom