• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Met a famous celebrity?

I've met my fair share, from "just famous in France" to "I'm a freaking bigshot worldwide", mostly through work when I was at the airport. I've never been impressed, and it drove my colleagues crazy, but like @toothless , I just see them as just people. The funny thing is, because I wouldn't turn into a hysteric fan who tries to take a selfie on the job or hassle them for an autograph, most of the times if I was on duty & there was a major celebrity, I'd be the one assigned to assisting them (which would drive the aforementioned colleagues even more crazy).

So I have funny stories from the day Colin Farrel showed up and was almost ignored because they had him confused with Pharrell Williams (I mean, I don't recognize faces, and even I wouldn't mess up that one), or Pharrell Williams (seems he eventually made it to our check-in area) serenading the airport McDonald's cashier for a BigMac (they are not served before a certain hour here, and he was 4 hours early), to less cool stories of Kiefer Sutherland throwing his passport at my face because I had the nerve to ask for a green card, or having to deal with the collective bad mood of the New York Knicks the night after they'd lost to the Timberwolves. Nothing as fun as @Questella convincing that guy to go to a strip club, though.

As a teen, I did get autographs from about 10 gymnasts at an event, and that was very important because gymnastics were my super special interest at the time.

I've gone to 3 comic cons over my life time and met Peter Mayhew at two of them; I also met Jason Isaacs and Cobie Smulders during the first one. That was one; the following year I went to 2 more and met many of the Sons of Anarchy stars and a few from the Walking Dead (as well as Peter Mayhew again). I almost met Sigourney Weaver, but the line for her was just way too long and I knew I'd be out of time. I got an autograph and a selfie from each one of these stars, and I really enjoyed the time I spent at those comic cons (was one of those "crazed fans").

As for really wanting to meet celebrities? Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr of course :D

When I was a girl, my dad was slated to go on a business trip to Hawaii. He brought me and my mom along as a family vacation. He was called away the whole time, and my mother enjoyed her daytime beverages. I got to play at this fancy resort all by myself without the burden of being an adult. We took one outing all together, on a whale watching tour. The only other hotel guests on the boat with us were Ozzy Osbourne, his wife, and two children. I played a bit with Jack and Kelly, his two kids, though I couldn't understand a word they were saying through their thick Brit accents. I did not know who Ozzy was. But I rode a small dingy boat with him and his kids while the others went snorkeling. My dad reflected on the experience later with some surprise over his conversation with Mr. Osbourne, particularly about his passion for saving the whales.

When I was older, we took a trip to New Mexico and my mom got all giddy over seeing a member of the Eagles in our hotel. I only like the song "Hotel California" when it's covered by someone else.

When I went to school Black Sabbath and then Ozzy Osborne after splitting up with that group was really popular. I was not into heavy metal rock music though. I followed though the Osbornes a bit when they had their television show, and when Sharon was on American Idol as the judge. Then they were in lots of the tabloids and entertainment magazines. I am glad you seemed to enjoy the cruise some. Have yet to do that yet.

Oh, and I forgot Richard Belzer from Homicide - SVU & his little support dog. He's probably one of the few people I would have loved to have a chat with, because this guy is... well, unusual, at least from the few bios I found on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of us, so you can see why I would regret not getting more than 5 minutes with him.

I've gone to 3 comic cons over my life time and met Peter Mayhew at two of them; I also met Jason Isaacs and Cobie Smulders during the first one. That was one; the following year I went to 2 more and met many of the Sons of Anarchy stars and a few from the Walking Dead (as well as Peter Mayhew again). I almost met Sigourney Weaver, but the line for her was just way too long and I knew I'd be out of time. I got an autograph and a selfie from each one of these stars, and I really enjoyed the time I spent at those comic cons (was one of those "crazed fans").

As for really wanting to meet celebrities? Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr of course :D

That would be two great famous persons to meet. I bet for those two musicians that would be at the top of many persons' lists, of those who are living. Nothing sticks out for me, as who I would want to meet. Whoever it would be they would have to be a very nice celebrity, as that is more important than looks, and how relevant they are now, or how famous. If they would have the time for me, then that is the type I would want to meet. That means they must be a down to earth person.

Oh, and I forgot Richard Belzer from Homicide - SVU & his little support dog. He's probably one of the few people I would have loved to have a chat with, because this guy is... well, unusual, at least from the few bios I found on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of us, so you can see why I would regret not getting more than 5 minutes with him.

Yes, he seems a bit different or quirky, and that can be good.
He might understand an Aspie, even if he is not one.

Yes, he seems a bit different or quirky, and that can be good.
He might understand an Aspie, even if he is not one.
I just had to go & retrieve this from his iMDB bio: "A social misfit, was kicked out of every school he ever attended, due to his uncontrollable wit." That grants automatic sympathy from me, I feel I can relate on a certain level. Oh well, missed my shot at a chat anyways.

I have a cousin who is a Vlogger, not sure how well-known or widespread he is outside of his own country. I don't like him as a person in real life though. His videos are mainly about internet fads and the like.

My dad was a DJ and music producer, and had connections with quite a few famous Dubstep artists.

I met the author Cathy Cassidy. If she counts as famous. She was very sweet and patient with me so I felt very at ease.

I have also met a number of paraolmpions inclueding Ellie Simmonds (who is lovely by the way) and I am coached weekly by Mat Walker a less we'll known but still awesome paraolmpion.

I've met several and my motto is to just treat them like people. Puts them at ease. The only one I was a little overly idol struck with was Jack Hannah. Since I had admired him from child up for his animal shows.

I was called on stage to perform comically with The Coasters at Busch Gardens. It was fun.

I know Dolly Parton because my parents were close friends with Porter Wagner country singer who gave her the start in singing. I played with his kids when I was a kid. That's going way back, if anyone here even knows of him.

Jeff Ganz is a friend. He plays lead guitar for various bands. Like Cheap Trick and The Hit Men.
I got to meet those bands at Ruth Eckerd Hall and watch the sound set up for Cheap Trick. Loved standing on the huge stage and looking out at the sea of seats. What a rush it must be to play a place like that.

And I was at a party where I met my all time favourite Leonard Nimoy SPOCK! I didn't feel anything special except just glad I got to meet him. And we both did the Live long and prosper with both hands.

I've met my fair share, from "just famous in France" to "I'm a freaking bigshot worldwide", mostly through work when I was at the airport. I've never been impressed, and it drove my colleagues crazy, but like @toothless , I just see them as just people. The funny thing is, because I wouldn't turn into a hysteric fan who tries to take a selfie on the job or hassle them for an autograph

Probably the only "celebrity" I would have ever wanted an autograph from would have been Lloyd Bridges who play Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt, a TV show from the 50s. He inspired me and educated me and helped me prepare for my underwater adventures! Shortly before he died I knew someone who knew his agent and got two personalized 8 x 10 glossies. Shortly after he died it turned out that my sister was dating his nephew. Heck, if I'd known that I probably could have met him but it would not have been under the "fan wanting an autograph" conditions but more like a friend of the family. :) All-in-all I think Lloyd Bridges is about the funniest person I have ever seen on the silver screen.

When it comes down to it there are probably many people we would like to meet that we are only one or two people away from knowing.

I've met several and my motto is to just treat them like people. Puts them at ease. The only one I was a little overly idol struck with was Jack Hannah. Since I had admired him from child up for his animal shows.

I was called on stage to perform comically with The Coasters at Busch Gardens. It was fun.

I know Dolly Parton because my parents were close friends with Porter Wagner country singer who gave her the start in singing. I played with his kids when I was a kid. That's going way back, if anyone here even knows of him.

Jeff Ganz is a friend. He plays lead guitar for various bands. Like Cheap Trick and The Hit Men.
I got to meet those bands at Ruth Eckerd Hall and watch the sound set up for Cheap Trick. Loved standing on the huge stage and looking out at the sea of seats. What a rush it must be to play a place like that.

And I was at a party where I met my all time favourite Leonard Nimoy SPOCK! I didn't feel anything special except just glad I got to meet him. And we both did the Live long and prosper with both hands.

Yes, anyone really into country music must know Porter Wagoner. My Mom was into that country music and musicians of that time, and prior, so whenever I visited her after our fathers death, and before her death, he would be on those country music cable stations she was watching. Dolly Parton seems like a nice person because of her voice and smile, but I do not know her. I wonder if she was really nice in real life? My older brother liked Cheap Trick during the 80s.

Probably the only "celebrity" I would have ever wanted an autograph from would have been Lloyd Bridges who play Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt, a TV show from the 50s. He inspired me and educated me and helped me prepare for my underwater adventures! Shortly before he died I knew someone who knew his agent and got two personalized 8 x 10 glossies. Shortly after he died it turned out that my sister was dating his nephew. Heck, if I'd known that I probably could have met him but it would not have been under the "fan wanting an autograph" conditions but more like a friend of the family. :) All-in-all I think Lloyd Bridges is about the funniest person I have ever seen on the silver screen.

When it comes down to it there are probably many people we would like to meet that we are only one or two people away from knowing.

He has been in so many movies I remember watching. He was very good as an actor. ...The funniest person I thought was Lucille Ball. I would watch reruns of her black and white comedy shows, and I could never stop laughing, even though I am the type that rarely if ever laughs because of keeping my emotions in check. So, that was very funny comedy, to me.

The funniest person I thought was Lucille Ball. I would watch reruns of her black and white comedy shows, and I could never stop laughing, even though I am the type that rarely if ever laughs because of keeping my emotions in check. So, that was very funny comedy, to me.

A very drunk Lucille Ball once spilled her drink all down the front of one of my uncles in the Brown Derby restaurant in the 50s. Being in Air Force uniform he didn't find her so funny. Around the same time my father was in an airport (SFO) and noticed a familiar face from Massachusetts who seemed quite lost in trying to make his next connection. One naval officer to another, my father helped then Senator John Kennedy to catch his flight circa 1957.

I once shook hands with Vice President Hubert Humphrey in 1972 when he ran for president. Watched Bill Clinton and Al Gore drive right past me standing on the street just a car lane away. Same for German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and Vice President Mondale as I was on the street in San Francisco.

Got to briefly meet/greet actress Valerie Bertinelli when she was filming a minor movie called "The Princess and the Cabbie" using the office building I worked in at the time In San Francisco.

Around 1967 I got (The Wild Wild West) Robert Conrad's autograph. Around that time I also got Jim "Catfish" Hunter's autograph...after he pitched a perfect game for the Oakland Athletics.

Just a few years ago I also met actors from the film "American Graffitti" (Candy Clark, Bo Hopkins, Paul LeMat) and from "Happy Days" (Henry Winkler, Anson Williams, Donny Most) who were all in attendance at "Hot August Nights", a yearly city-wide classic car show held in Reno every year.

Last edited:
I once saw local "celebrity" Bobby Knutt in a local Bar, his Wife was running a Line Dancing class in a room there, which my Parents were attending, 20 odd years ago Line Dancing was a "thing" in the UK in the mid 90's, so Mum and Dad started going to lessons, I tagged along for the Beer.

He has been in so many movies I remember watching. He was very good as an actor. ...The funniest person I thought was Lucille Ball. I would watch reruns of her black and white comedy shows, and I could never stop laughing, even though I am the type that rarely if ever laughs because of keeping my emotions in check. So, that was very funny comedy, to me.

Lately I have been fortunate enough to see many old movies with Lucille Ball. I think she was brilliant and I find her intelligence very attractive. I would have liked to have known her.

A very drunk Lucille Ball once spilled her drink all down the front of one of my uncles in the Brown Derby restaurant in the 50s. Being in Air Force uniform he didn't find her so funny. Around the same time my father was in an airport (SFO) and noticed a familiar face from Massachusetts who seemed quite lost in trying to make his next connection. One naval officer to another, my father helped then Senator John Kennedy to catch his flight circa 1957.

I once shook hands with Vice President Hubert Humphrey in 1972 when he ran for president. Watched Bill Clinton and Al Gore drive right past me standing on the street just a car lane away. Same for German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and Vice President Mondale as I was on the street in San Francisco.

Got to briefly meet/greet actress Valerie Bertinelli when she was filming a minor movie called "The Princess and the Cabbie" using the office building I worked in at the time In San Francisco.

Around 1967 I got (The Wild Wild West) Robert Conrad's autograph. Around that time I also got Jim "Catfish" Hunter's autograph...after he pitched a perfect game for the Oakland Athletics.

Just a few years ago I also met actors from the film "American Graffitti" (Candy Clark, Bo Hopkins, Paul LeMat) and from "Happy Days" (Henry Winkler, Anson Williams, Donny Most) who were all in attendance at "Hot August Nights", a yearly city-wide classic car show held in Reno every year.

At least when she was drunk she did not stuff chocolates down his mouth, like that one factory assembly line episode
where she stuffed her mouth with chocolates. But, yes, that military guy likely was not amused. Lucille Ball grew up not far from where I lived, in western New York.

I just read an article on yahoo about John Kennedy. I never knew he had severe health issues regarding surgeries on his back, Addison's disease and gastrointestinal issues. I guess in politics one has to be seen as strong and without health ailments, so the Kennediys were conditioned to hide those issues.

Valerie Bertinelli was the girl I liked when I was an early teen boy growing up, when I thought then more about looks than Personality. Too bad she married Eddie Van Halen, as he had his issues. She though likely had her issues as well. I am not sure if she was the nice or narcissistic type, or somewhere in-between. If I were a woman, I would never marry a rock star, unless I had some open marriage, which I do not believe in.

The three Happy Days stars you mentioned were actually all my favorite. I never cared about the others. One acted cool, one acted funny, and the other one acted nice. Richie was way too nerdy and nice, but he was not bad either.

Cool that you got all those other autographs. Sometimes it just is luck being in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
Lately I have been fortunate enough to see many old movies with Lucille Ball. I think she was brilliant and I find her intelligence very attractive. I would have liked to have known her.

I want to visit her Museum & Center for Comedy one of these days. I hear it is pretty nice. It was opened in 1996 I believe, and was located only about a hour away from where I lived most of my life. Yes, there was something about her besides being funny. I mean on her comedy show she appeared ditzy, but I hear she was actually quite intelligent.

I also met Ron Musson as a very young boy. I was so stoked! He was the driver of U-40 "Miss Bardahl". At the time in the early 60s one of the best hydroplane racers of his time.

Tragically I saw him some years later at the President's Cup race in Washington DC. His then revolutionary rear-engine hyrdoplane whooshed past the spectators going at a very fast clip....and then we all witnessed it blow up. He didn't survive. Worse still, both the winner and the second place racers were killed across the finish line when their hydroplanes collided.

I never watched another hydroplane race.

Bardahl-Ron-Musson-320x184.jpg

i'm not a fan of celebrities, to me they represent everything that is wrong in the world, they are at the core of misleading people with some superficial ideal of what everyone in the herd is supposed to be that only serves to sell more product.

what annoys me the most is how their superficial persona's seems to make them think that they are holier than though, or that because they act well that their opinions are actually intelligent. i always think its funny to see them preaching about the environment, ranting against the corporations and the establishment, spouting ideals about sharing the wealth and then leave in their porsche to one of their mansions.

New Threads

Top Bottom