• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Met a famous celebrity?

Went swimming with Michael Sarrazin a few times, at an inn I worked at as a teen, along with several of my fellow employees. Once encountered Anthony Hopkins looking in a shop window and said hello, as he seemed somehow familiar, he said hello in return and I continued walking. Realized later who he was, as he'd been in the city filming.
Also encountered the retired canadian prime minister, Pierre Trudeau on countless occasions, as he used to walk to his law office in a large dark cape and hat, and pass by a museum that my art class drew at in the summer.

Oh I nearly forgot, encountered Mordecai Richler well behind me in a long bank line. He had a small scrunched up paper bag, and was eating a bagel. I was in my twenties and had read every thing he had written. I adored him back then. Kept staring at him until he winked at me, then I turned bright red, and was too embarrassed to go and talk to him. Had this mad thought that I should give him my place closer to the teller, as his writing had given me much to enjoy and think about. As a way of thanking him.

Last edited:
I also met Ron Musson as a very young boy. I was so stoked! He was the driver of U-40 "Miss Bardahl". At the time in the early 60s one of the best hydroplane racers of his time.

Tragically I saw him some years later at the President's Cup race in Washington DC. His then revolutionary rear-engine hyrdoplane whooshed past the spectators going at a very fast clip....and then we all witnessed it blow up. He didn't survive. Worse still, both the winner and the second place racers were killed across the finish line when their hydroplanes collided.

I never watched another hydroplane race.

Bardahl-Ron-Musson-320x184.jpg

That's too bad. Sorry for him, the other two racers too, and their families, and all who loved them as persons and competitors. It reminded me a little when Dale Earnhardt died racing, as I was vigilantly watching that race when he died and was a fan of his prior to then. After his death I never watched another race.

i'm not a fan of celebrities, to me they represent everything that is wrong in the world, they are at the core of misleading people with some superficial ideal of what everyone in the herd is supposed to be that only serves to sell more product.

what annoys me the most is how their superficial persona's seems to make them think that they are holier than though, or that because they act well that their opinions are actually intelligent. i always think its funny to see them preaching about the environment, ranting against the corporations and the establishment, spouting ideals about sharing the wealth and then leave in their porsche to one of their mansions.

I find good and bad in all professions. There are nice, modest and private celebrities, and ones that truly want to use their fame to help others, but many snobbish, egotistical and vain ones that wants attention, and will do anything to get it, and who would lie, have no morals and ethics.

Celebrities can entertain, which relaxes many, and some I feel might give respect and time to the fans, and I appreciate celebrities for being able to be comfortable in front of the cameras, and for being able to show creativity in being someone on stage that they are not.

But, many times stardom goes to the celebrities heads, if they were not that way prior, and that is what I have a problem with, as without the fans, viewers, and listeners, they would be nothing. Celebrities need to realize the average viewer does not respect them for their fame, and personality, but their acting skills.

When I was 13 I met Alessandro del Piero, an Italian football player. I thought he was super dreamy (actually, he still is handsome, wow!) and I had a bit of a celebrity crush on him, which is why I was wearing "his" shirt. I was on a ferry boat in Venice at the time and I guess he thought it was cute to see a blonde girl wearing his football shirt, so he came over to say hi and asked me if I wanted my shirt signed. I was literally dumbstruck. Very nice.

And I met Michael Madsen once. Swoon. That voice of his... It does things to me, haha.
Too bad he was incredibly drunk. He offered me a signed copy of his poetry and wandered off to get one, but he never came back. Last I saw him, he was hugging a stuffed bear and crying :p
Other than that I've met quite a few writers an Dutch actors, but thats not too interesting for you guys as you probably don't know them. A few months ago I got the opportunity to sit down and drink with one of my favorite Dutch writers, which was really cool. Turned out he's on the spectrum too!

Last edited:
I find good and bad in all professions. There are nice, modest and private celebrities, and ones that truly want to use their fame to help others, but many snobbish, egotistical and vain ones that wants attention, and will do anything to get it, and who would lie, have no morals and ethics.

Celebrities can entertain, which relaxes many, and some I feel might give respect and time to the fans, and I appreciate celebrities for being able to be comfortable in front of the cameras, and for being able to show creativity in being someone on stage that they are not.

But, many times stardom goes to the celebrities heads, if they were not that way prior, and that is what I have a problem with, as without the fans, viewers, and listeners, they would be nothing. Celebrities need to realize the average viewer does not respect them for their fame, and personality, but their acting skills.

i agree, there are good and bad people in all professions, celebrities however are in position of power where they can and do influence people, adoration is blind and they and their backers use and abuse that position for their own financial gain

Oh wait, I also got to hang out with John B (DJ/producer) once, 10 years ago. Super friendly and fun guy. I remember drinking loads of champagne and making tons of pirate jokes at his hotel room.

I also met Giancarlo Esposito at my local supermarket, which was incredibly random as I live in a relatively small city in the Netherlands.
I just realized I met quite a few famous people, haha.

I also met Giancarlo Esposito at my local supermarket, which was incredibly random as I live in a relatively small city in the Netherlands.
I just realized I met quite a few famous people, haha.

Hope he left his box cutter at home. :p

The only one I am aware of meeting is mike Holmes and shook his hand. He is a big muscular dude with a bone crushing hand shake. He is well know in Canada for his home renovation show "Holmes on homes" and probably others but I don't really watch tv.

I have so litte interest In celebrities I could encounter most of them and be completely oblivious. Maybe I already have. They are just people to me. As someone mentioned already most are far removed and so far out in left field (not sure if that poster meant politically but it definately fits) that they might as well not be real.

Once encountered Anthony Hopkins looking in a shop window and said hello, as he seemed somehow familiar, he said hello in return and I continued walking. Realized later who he was, as he'd been in the city filming.
Him I would go nuts over. <3 :yum:

Same with John de Lancie. :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

Patrick Stewart would be pretty epic too. He's such a gentlemen, I loved how he did his Ice Bucket Challenge they were all doing that one summer.

I loved that episode of Big Bang Theory where one of them invited Levar Burton to a party and he actually showed up! Wouldn't that be the best? <3 :blush: Freaking Star Trek man.

I don't really live in a place where tv stars ever come to though and I doubt I'll ever go to California. x.x

Pappy Boyington
Jeff Healey and the Jeff Healey Band
Bruce Springsteen

Patrick Stewart would be pretty epic too. He's such a gentlemen
I might just have a stroke if I ever meet Patrick Stewart. If I meet him and Sir Ian McKellen together, I would die on the spot. But I would die happily, for my life would be complete.

Yes, anyone really into country music must know Porter Wagoner. My Mom was into that country music and musicians of that time, and prior, so whenever I visited her after our fathers death, and before her death, he would be on those country music cable stations she was watching. Dolly Parton seems like a nice person because of her voice and smile, but I do not know her. I wonder if she was really nice in real life? My older brother liked Cheap Trick during the 80s.
Dolly is like a child inside. She is funny, but, has her serious side too. She is very much into her looks. The hair isn't worn with friends and when out of the public eye. As far as what she is famous for, (not talking about her voice), she just laughs and says it was really a mistake. Somehow the injection just kept going and going! Porter Wagner's sister was me and my mom's hairdresser until the early 80's. And Porter bought the first house my parents lived in after they married and gave it to his mother-in-law.
I have a cousin that I grew up with that became a well known writer of true crime stories. Gary King.

Dolly is like a child inside. She is funny, but, has her serious side too. She is very much into her looks. The hair isn't worn with friends and when out of the public eye. As far as what she is famous for, (not talking about her voice), she just laughs and says it was really a mistake. Somehow the injection just kept going and going! Porter Wagner's sister was me and my mom's hairdresser until the early 80's. And Porter bought the first house my parents lived in after they married and gave it to his mother-in-law.
I have a cousin that I grew up with that became a well known writer of true crime stories. Gary King.

Yes, I thought she likely had that childlike side, but another side, too. I knew about the hair, but never researched that other about her upper body. I did not know if that part of her was real, but assumed it was not, too.

That is neat to know about Porter Wagoner. I remember watching his country music show a lot growing up, and seeing him in those very colorful suits. Him and Dolly Parton would often sing songs together. Apparently he was the first to introduce her before she got famous.

I still recall years ago when I was in Philadelphia for routine training and the company put us all from various branches in the Sheraton Hotel at Society Hill.

We were all coming back from the home office and when we came through the lobby one of the group we were in noticed Andrew Dice Clay approaching us from the opposite direction in the main lobby. She instantly wanted to approach him, and a couple of us suddenly grabbed her to avoid her making quite an ugly scene.

Clay wasn't alone. With him was clearly a man who could only be described as his bodyguard. More importantly, from what some of us knew this wasn't someone to approach off stage. It all frustrated the woman, but once we explained things it seemed to make sense to her. :eek:

For better or worse there are some celebrities who are less than cordial about you violating their privacy.

As well, I do not think it is wise to approach a celebrity who often made jokes about women, and who had a tough guy persona image. You would think though a comedian would be able to lighten up, and not be too serious. Reminds me though of Jerry Seinfeld a bit though. He I think was very private, too, and when a woman singer wanted a hug from him the reaction was for him to keep wanting her to get away.

As well, I do not think it is wise to approach a celebrity who often made jokes about women, and who had a tough guy persona image. You would think though a comedian would be able to lighten up, and not be too serious. Reminds me though of Jerry Seinfeld a bit though. He I think was very private, too, and when a woman singer wanted a hug from him the reaction was for him to keep wanting her to get away.

We have a thread or two on Seinfeld expressing when he thought he might be on the spectrum as well. Sad to think this went badly for him, whether he is on the spectrum or not. But it can make me appreciate anyone not wanting such unsolicited bodily contact.

Then again the murder of John Lennon pretty much put every celebrity "on notice". You never know what people are thinking- or contemplating. :eek:

Last edited:
We have a thread or two on Seinfeld expressing that he thought he might be on the spectrum as well. Sad to think this went badly for him, whether he is on the spectrum or not. But it can make me appreciate anyone not wanting such unsolicited bodily contact.

It would not surprise me if he was on the spectrum. Regardless if he has that condition, or perfectionism or germ issues, or just is really private away from the screen, it is his right to be himself, so I respect him for staying true to his beliefs. With all that money he has anyway, I do not think most persons would care if they offended a person every now and then, if they were even aware of that as improper or not.

New Threads

Top Bottom