• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Met a famous celebrity?

I met James Doohan (the actor that played Scotty on Star Trek) and got his signature when I was young. My grandmother was friends with Gene Autry as well.

I met James Doohan (the actor that played Scotty on Star Trek) and got his signature when I was young. My grandmother was friends with Gene Autry as well.
Dude said he saw Scotty somewhere once and he was so totally wasted. :p I bet he would of been awesome to party with. :p

Dude said he saw Scotty somewhere once and he was so totally wasted. :p I bet he would of been awesome to party with. :p
Haha that doesn't actually surprise me. He actually wasn't very nice to me though when I met him. I was a young kid, probably about 7, and he got annoyed that I wanted him to sign my notebook instead of me buying one of his pictures to have signed. My parents just couldn't afford to buy one for both my brother and I.

When I went to school Black Sabbath and then Ozzy Osborne after splitting up with that group was really popular. I was not into heavy metal rock music though. I followed though the Osbornes a bit when they had their television show, and when Sharon was on American Idol as the judge. Then they were in lots of the tabloids and entertainment magazines. I am glad you seemed to enjoy the cruise some. Have yet to do that yet.

I watched the reality show a little too. He didn't seem to have much say so in the affairs of his family, and I couldn't ever tell what the eff he was saying: but, for some reason I just thought he was a good man. I like Crazy Train.

I forgot to say that the two famous people I wish that I could meet are Chris Martin from Coldplay and Jon Stewart. I think Chris Martin is Godly in an industry where that attribute is impossible. And, I was really impressed with how Jon Stewart seemed so disheartened by the lack of affect on people he could have, even in his profession. I always wanted to give him a hug or kiss his sad face! I would be so honored to have either of them read my book...and beyond ecstatic if I could work with them on a nonprofit project. But the way things are: I cannot ever reach/talk to those men.

Haha that doesn't actually surprise me. He actually wasn't very nice to me though when I met him. I was a young kid, probably about 7, and he got annoyed that I wanted him to sign my notebook instead of me buying one of his pictures to have signed. My parents just couldn't afford to buy one for both my brother and I.
Yeah, celebrities will do that xD

I watched the reality show a little too. He didn't seem to have much say so in the affairs of his family, and I couldn't ever tell what the eff he was saying: but, for some reason I just thought he was a good man. I like Crazy Train.

I forgot to say that the two famous people I wish that I could meet are Chris Martin from Coldplay and Jon Stewart. I think Chris Martin is Godly in an industry where that attribute is impossible. And, I was really impressed with how Jon Stewart seemed so disheartened by the lack of affect on people he could have, even in his profession. I always wanted to give him a hug or kiss his sad face! I would be so honored to have either of them read my book...and beyond ecstatic if I could work with them on a nonprofit project. But the way things are: I cannot ever reach/talk to those men.

Those are nice celebrity idols. You never know, one day those dreams could come true. I am the type that never says never, for most things. I was trying to think if there were any celebrities I would want to meet, and I am drawing a blank right now as nobody seems to jump at the top of the list. If I think of one though, I will post it.

I work in the music industry and have met a tone. I can't talk about any of that directly but a person that was once a member of the band The Smiths needs to listen to his own words about peace and how to treat your fellow man

I've also met Garry busey and he is way more grounded than the media portays him as

Four years ago me and my brother went to a screening of Birdemic 2 and we met the two actors who played the two main characters in the first movie. We also met the director and a couple people who worked on the movie and we got a signed poster from them.

Last year and this year we met the guitarist of The Psychedelic Furs. He was really nice and he gave me two guitar picks. :)

My sister took her Husky to an animal rights event, and met the famous Scottish singer Susan Boyle about a week ago. Then Kenny Rogers walked into a pub in Edinburgh the other night, and she met him too. He is a country singer known for his #1 duet with Dolly Parton in the 80's.

In junior high, a few classmates and I got to meet Julie Kavner when she was doing dinner theatre. (Between Rhoda and The Simpsons.)

Also, I used to be tight with Joe from Winnipeg. (OK, not that tight, but tight enough to acknowledge each other on the street.)

When I was a very young child of around 4 or 5 I used to go out to play with a girl and neighbour where I lived in Erdington, a district of Birmingham in the UK. Amanda's Mum was named Maureen and she was better known to us as Aunty Maureen (she wasn't really family). I remember my Mum and Dad watching Amanda's Dad Ranato (who I also knew) on a TV talent show named New Faces where he was a singer, but he was actually told that he would never make it big by who I think was Noel Edmonds (he was wrong), this was filmed at the ATV studios nearby in Birmingham. In 1982 Renato along with actress Renee (as in Renee and Renato) got a Christmas No.1 hit in the UK named, "Save Your Love" and he became a famous celebrity. Sadly his major fame only lasted a short time since his 2nd hit barely made it into the charts and his 3rd release didn't even make it into the top 40 (he was soon forgotten).

When I was about 5 however my Mum and Dad had to baby sit Amanda and we slept end to end in the same bed. All night I actually still remember having foot fights lol! I was obviously much to too young and innocent to think anything of being in the same bed with a member of the opposite sex, but my claim to fame is still that I slept in the same bed as Renato's daughter (as in the once very famous Renee and Renato), LOL!

(I have to say I find this video cringingly corny today!)

PS: My family kept in contact with the family for quite sometime, although contact reduced after moving home not long before his fame and eventually contact was lost. Sadly Renato died in 2009 at the age of 69, here is a BBC article that also summarises his life.

Last edited:
When I lived in Vancouver, where they shoot a lot of movies, I met Leslie Nielsen just outside the Physics building. I asked him if I could take his photo and he got one of the people he was with to take a photo of him with my friend and me. He was such a nice guy and very down to earth. I was sad to see just now (when I was looking up how to spell his name) that he died in 2010. Also in Vancouver, my friend and I (a pair of Trekkies, but not quite geeky enough to go to Trek conventions) were walking down the street and we realised we were right behind Jonathan Frakes, who must have been there for a Star Trek convention. We were sure it was him but he was having a smoke and didn't look like he wanted to be bothered. I'm sure I saw other famous people shooting movies in Vancouver, but I am no good at recognizing faces lol. As a music student, I met Wynton Marsalis and several other slightly less famous musicians who have done clinics and such, as well as members of the Canadian Brass.

Most people are quick to appreciate all kinds of "fame and fortune". Though without much thought to what it might be like to give up or constantly have to compromise one's basic sense of privacy as a cost of legally and professionally being within the public domain.

Has to be quite frustrating at times. Whether to be like James Doohan (RIP) and appreciate and acknowledge the fans, or be like William Shatner and at times be utterly contemptible of them. o_O

And then there's Alan Tudyk and his show "Con Man". Is he mocking his fans (Firefly) or acknowledging them in a somewhat odd way? Art imitating life? :confused: :p

Con Man (web series) - Wikipedia

Kind of creepy to see those takes of Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk kid around about this stuff. After all, I was one of those diehard "Firefly" fans who would still want to see the show return. Are they making fun of me? Hmmmmm. :eek:

Though I might settle for a sequel to "Serenity". Where Alan Tudyk wouldn't be part of the cast, unless he emerges from Bobby Ewing's magic shower stall. :p

Last edited:
Well I met the new guitarist from Sabaton 10 years ago at some party and they're on a world tour now. So they're somewhat famous. He joined the band last year.

Sadly Bobby Knutt passed away a few weeks back.

He died while on Holiday in Greece.

Shame, he was a good lad, proper Yorkshire man, played comedy characters most of his career including Pantomimes at the Crucible most years back in the early 80's.

My dad always says that his favorite Halloween memory is trick or treating at Bart Starr's(Green Bay Packer quarterback) house. Dad said that his wife, Mamie, would be the one handing out candy and that she was a very nice person.

Dad also went to the same high school as Rob and Rex Ryan (they have careers in football, I don't know where). They were actually pretty good friends with my uncle. Dad said they were like the Fred and George Weasley of the school. Like if there was a sub in the class, Rex would say "I'm Rob." and vice versa just to confuse the sub.

I got to shake President Obama's hand, that was kinda cool. I met M.T. Liggett (who apparently died this last summer. Hope someone saves the signs the way they are) that was fun. He showed me his mug collection. Not sure Liggett was a celebrity to most people but those of us obsessed with outsider type art thought of him that way. At least I did. The other "celebrity" that was exciting to have met was this guy who had forever wrote letters to the editor of the local paper. I read his opinions for at least two decades and was so happy to meet him and now he is a friend. He even designed a set of doors that used to be the art museum's front doors and are the information counter. Truly an interesting person. Not interested in meeting people just because they are famous, and my idea of a celebrity isn't most people's. Brad Pitt is from my town, never met him, and wouldn't bother. It's not like he he's done anything particularly interesting other than have his name and face well known. But then there was the guy who printed up some bedbug wall paper that was displayed at the art museum or the owner of the Chewburu (art car covered in dentures), or the architect who remodeled my favorite library, -those people were fun to meet. Or my boyfriend who designed this huge high-school and the Chase building in Monroe, LA. How incredibly cool. Oh, and I am well acquainted with the local street preacher that drives so many people crazy. Last month I met a women whose mixed media art I've see quite a bit and last Friday night I talked to two local artist who do some interesting work. I'm rambling but I think I was trying to make a point. Not sure anymore.

New Threads

Top Bottom